SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Other
SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

2.6

Water Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Triethylhexanoin, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Trehalose, Peg-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Alcohol, Carbomer, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Betaine, Fragrance, Silica, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycyl Glycine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Disodium Edta, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Lamium Album Flower Extract, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Zingiber Aromaticus Extract, Benzoic Acid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Too highly perfumed, irritated my skin.

on 8/9/2015 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This moisturizer contains alcohol which irritates my sensitive skin and is not hydrating enough.

I wanted to love it as it has a fluid texture that absorbs easily and smell good. It's about 54 here in France - too expensive for a product that doesn't perform well.

on 4/10/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So I use A LOT of Shiseido stuff (softener, 2 serums, night cream, eye cream) and this is the first product that I just flat out did not like.

It was recommended to me by someone at Sephora when I was shopping for a lighter moisturizer for summer. This has a nice liquidy texture but when it's on your face it makes it look slightly oily - not "dewy"... oily. I ignored that and tried putting less on and adding a bit of powder, but the thing that really bothered me was every time I've worn this it has caused me to break out :( I returned it to the store.

I have combination skin so it may work better for someone slightly less oily, but the heavy feeling never fully absorbed and felt 'fresh' like all their other products feel to me. Get a sample first if you want to try it!

on 12/18/2014 12:15:00 AM

This moisturizer isn't that exciting.
I loved Shiseido's Ibuki Gentle Cleanser so I bought the moisturizer too.
The moisturizer is thick and feels heavy on one's skin. As a result, it is moisturizing.
Besides moisturizing, I don't think it did anything on reducing my pore sizes and blemishes. My pores are not that large to begin with, so I was surprised this product did not reduce them at all despite it's advertised to do that.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in a try me kit for the Ibuki line. This moisturizer works very well with the softener but not alone. It is VERY fragranced and my skin is sensitive to fragrances but this didn't bother it. I really like this combination, but did not care for the ibuki cleanser. I would suggest the shiseido facial whip over it. This might be too shiny for oily skin, but does work well for dry and mature skin types.

on 12/29/2013 7:22:00 PM

This product is supposed to be for oily/combo skin, and at first it looks like that because texture is really light, but it actually makes your skin more oily and all the imperfections are much more visible.
It didn't make me break out or do any harm to my skin but it didn't help either - it made my skin look worse than if I don't put anything on my face.
Scent is nice and flowery but very artificial, which doesn't surprise me because you can't really call this a natural product. It is not too strong and it's pleasant but it doesn't last long, after about half an hour you can't really feel the smell anymore, which is good for those people who don't like scented moisturizers.
I expected much more from such an expensive product...but this is worse than most of cheap drugstore products. Ingredients list is also far from impressive. I only tried one 7ml sample which lasted me around two weeks and I couldn't wait to finish it. I'd never purchase this product because it's one of the worst things I've ever put on my face.

on 12/26/2013 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a loyal fan of Shiseido The Skincare range, but I decided to try the Ibuki range.
Too fragrant, and I don't think this range hydrates my skin as well as The Skincare range. I will not repurchase and will definitely stick to The Skincare.

on 9/5/2013 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The idea behind the Ibuki line is great. Protects your skin AND corrects imperfections? Count me in! Unfortunately, this product contains silicone (dimethicone), which doesn't do my skin any favors. You can feel it in this moisturizer, that unnatural slippy feeling. After a few uses, I started feeling a burning sensation on my face, and I began to break out. If you're not sure whether or not your skin might be sensitive to this product, please try a sample or tester before investing in a full-sized product.