SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

3.1

Water Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Triethylhexanoin, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Trehalose, Peg-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Alcohol, Carbomer, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Betaine, Fragrance, Silica, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycyl Glycine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Disodium Edta, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Lamium Album Flower Extract, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Zingiber Aromaticus Extract, Benzoic Acid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Too highly perfumed, irritated my skin.

Doesn't cause acne and i think my skin look more white and glowly when i use this product i try so mant moisturizer but this is best one

on 1/4/2016 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Irritating! I don't even have sensitive skin but fragrance, alcohol, and irritants are not good for anyone's face. Especially from a line that's advertised as gentle.

on 4/10/2015 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So I use A LOT of Shiseido stuff (softener, 2 serums, night cream, eye cream) and this is the first product that I just flat out did not like.

It was recommended to me by someone at Sephora when I was shopping for a lighter moisturizer for summer. This has a nice liquidy texture but when it's on your face it makes it look slightly oily - not "dewy"... oily. I ignored that and tried putting less on and adding a bit of powder, but the thing that really bothered me was every time I've worn this it has caused me to break out :( I returned it to the store.

I have combination skin so it may work better for someone slightly less oily, but the heavy feeling never fully absorbed and felt 'fresh' like all their other products feel to me. Get a sample first if you want to try it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This moisturizer was unpleasant all the way around. I have oily acne prone skin and wanted a lightweight AM moisturizer after cleansing so I tried this. First impression was thinner consistency out of the pump which I liked, and a little goes a long way to cover neck and face. But the smell is overwhelmingly strong, it leaves a sticky feeling residue which leaves me feeling that the product is just sitting on the top of my skin and it feels like I need to wash my face. Worst of all, it made me break out in cystic under the skin acne along my chin and even on my neck, where I haven't had any breakouts in quite some time. I would say about 5 or 6 new blemishes in the span of a few days, and so I stopped using, switched to garnier moisture rescue gel cream, and have cleared up a couple of weeks later. Trial and error, I gave it a shot. Its labeled as non-comedogenic so I would just recommend getting a sample first if you have sensitive or acne prone skin. And to be honest even if I didn't break out I would not repurchase based on the feeling of the product in general.

on 12/18/2014 12:15:00 AM

This moisturizer isn't that exciting.
I loved Shiseido's Ibuki Gentle Cleanser so I bought the moisturizer too.
The moisturizer is thick and feels heavy on one's skin. As a result, it is moisturizing.
Besides moisturizing, I don't think it did anything on reducing my pore sizes and blemishes. My pores are not that large to begin with, so I was surprised this product did not reduce them at all despite it's advertised to do that.

on 10/17/2014 9:14:00 AM

I have a deluxe sample of this which I was trying out for a while. Although I read up a lot on the science of this product and what it is supposed to do, I did not find that this moisturizer infused my skin with moisture. On the contrary, I found that it was still needing some extra moisture after application, especially under makeup and powder. This is a lightweight almost gel-like moisturizer which feels very silky on the skin. That being said, although I do not feel that it was super moisturizing, I noticed that my skin still managed to get a bit shiny throughout the day. I would not purchase the full-sized moisturizer.

I may be in the minority, but I'm super happy about the revamp of the original "The Skincare". The old formulas were too harsh and heavy for my skin (the extra gentle cream cleanser was not gentle at all) and made me breakout. After getting through winter with no issues, my skin suddenly started drying up at the start of spring. I ditched my current skincare regimen when I realised it wasn't doing anything for me. Even my faithful Avene Skin Recovery Cream couldn't fix the flakes. I decided to go back to basics and being addicted to Japanese skincare at the moment, I bought the softener and refining moisturizer. After one week my skin is back to normal and if anything, it's in even better condition than before! The moisturizer comes in a hygienic pump bottle and feels super concentrated - I only need a pea sized amount (no joke) for my whole face. It sinks in rapidly and in the morning my face feels so smooth! Yes it contains fragrance (which I know is a big no-no but I'm not sensitive to it) but that just makes the whole line look and feel so luxurious. Will definitely buy again.

I bought the travel trio (cleanser, lotion toner and moisturizer) and out of the whole set I liked this product the best. It is a really light moisturizer. On days that my skin is on the dryer side I need to layer this with a serum. It doesn't break me out even though it does have a "soapy" fragrance to it. It's one of the few moisturizers that doesn't full on irritate my skin or cause it to erupt in pimples. When I ran out of the travel size, I bought the full size. Pretty good!

Update: Although this still doesn't break me out, it's not really doing me any real favors either. The alcohol keeps me from developing any major blemishes, but it has also started to irritate my skin.

on 3/30/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What a shame. I had used the Skincare range growing up and was looking to return after being on Estee Lauder's Hydrationist for the past 7 years. I received a sample for Myers Sydney and tested it. I thought it might trigger a breakout since it had an overpowering fragrance smell which did not exist in the old Skincare range.

I was right - it broke out in painful cystic pimples the following morning (ouch!) My skin is difficult at the best of times - it is thin, prone to hormonal breakouts caused by coming off Yazmin and it's combination dry so unfortunately, another moisturiser I can't use. While I try to preserve when testing and use it for at least 2 weeks, the amount of damage it managed to do to my skin after only 1 night was enough for me to know this is not the right moisturiser for me.