SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 30-35
SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

2.6

Water Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Triethylhexanoin, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Trehalose, Peg-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Alcohol, Carbomer, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Betaine, Fragrance, Silica, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycyl Glycine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Disodium Edta, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Lamium Album Flower Extract, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Zingiber Aromaticus Extract, Benzoic Acid.

on 10/23/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been my moisturiser of choice since around May this year. Started with a mini bottle from a gwp and when that was finished I purchased the full size. A bit pricey but well worth it for me, especially considering there's products out there that cost much much more than this one.

I love the runny, liquid-y texture. I use two pumps for face, neck, and decollete area. It takes a couple of minutes to sink it, so I make sure to apply it after washing my face in the morning to have my face prepped for sunscreen and makeup.
I also use it in the evening after removing makeup and cleansing.
It has great moisturising capabilities, my skin often used to get dehydrated and so far there have been very few products which kept it in nice condition. It's holding up even with the weather changing into autumn/winter which is absolutely fab for me. I normally had to change my routine when the weather changed.

It doesn't leave a greasy film or any residue at all. My skin just 'drinks' this up - when I wash my face in the morning I don't feel it was just sitting there waiting to be washed off.

It comes with a pump bottle which makes it easy to apply. Due to it being opaque, I won't know exactly when it's running out but I don't mind it.
I also kept the mini bottle to decant the product in case I need to travel somewhere so I don't have to go without it.

Has a faint, pleasant scent which I didn't find irritating at all, thankfully.
All in all, it's brilliant. Really happy I tried it and will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This moisturizer was unpleasant all the way around. I have oily acne prone skin and wanted a lightweight AM moisturizer after cleansing so I tried this. First impression was thinner consistency out of the pump which I liked, and a little goes a long way to cover neck and face. But the smell is overwhelmingly strong, it leaves a sticky feeling residue which leaves me feeling that the product is just sitting on the top of my skin and it feels like I need to wash my face. Worst of all, it made me break out in cystic under the skin acne along my chin and even on my neck, where I haven't had any breakouts in quite some time. I would say about 5 or 6 new blemishes in the span of a few days, and so I stopped using, switched to garnier moisture rescue gel cream, and have cleared up a couple of weeks later. Trial and error, I gave it a shot. Its labeled as non-comedogenic so I would just recommend getting a sample first if you have sensitive or acne prone skin. And to be honest even if I didn't break out I would not repurchase based on the feeling of the product in general.

I bought the travel trio (cleanser, lotion toner and moisturizer) and out of the whole set I liked this product the best. It is a really light moisturizer. On days that my skin is on the dryer side I need to layer this with a serum. It doesn't break me out even though it does have a "soapy" fragrance to it. It's one of the few moisturizers that doesn't full on irritate my skin or cause it to erupt in pimples. When I ran out of the travel size, I bought the full size. Pretty good!

Update: Although this still doesn't break me out, it's not really doing me any real favors either. The alcohol keeps me from developing any major blemishes, but it has also started to irritate my skin.

on 3/30/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What a shame. I had used the Skincare range growing up and was looking to return after being on Estee Lauder's Hydrationist for the past 7 years. I received a sample for Myers Sydney and tested it. I thought it might trigger a breakout since it had an overpowering fragrance smell which did not exist in the old Skincare range.

I was right - it broke out in painful cystic pimples the following morning (ouch!) My skin is difficult at the best of times - it is thin, prone to hormonal breakouts caused by coming off Yazmin and it's combination dry so unfortunately, another moisturiser I can't use. While I try to preserve when testing and use it for at least 2 weeks, the amount of damage it managed to do to my skin after only 1 night was enough for me to know this is not the right moisturiser for me.

on 3/6/2014 10:43:00 AM

I received a deluxe sample size of this with my last Sephora order. I'm almost out of my current daytime moisturizer and was hoping I'd like this enough to purchase a full-size. Nope.

It's a lightweight moisturizer that sinks in quickly, doesn't make me feel greasy or break me out, but THE SMELL! It's so heavily fragranced like perfume I just can't take it.

I also don't care for the packaging. The deluxe sample came in a small tube with a large, bulbous screw-on cap. The opening for the product to be dispensed out of is medium sized but I have to tap it on my hand for any product to come out. You can't squeeze the tube because it's hard plastic, so it's not user-friendly at all.

on 3/2/2014 5:02:00 PM

After running out of my HG moisturizer (Vivite Replenish) which is only available online, I needed something to tide me over until a replacement arrived in the mail. I used Shiseido the Skincare Daytime moisturizer several years ago, and remembered it as being lightweight and safe for my oily and acne-prone skin. The rep at the beauty supply store said the Skincare line had been replaced with Ibuki, which she claimed I would love. I hated it. Not only is the scent incredibly heavy and sickly sweet, I began breaking out within a few days. The only thing that I liked was the texture, which is silky and absorbed easily into my skin. The hydration level is medium, so if you have combination skin and don't mind the fragrance, this might work for you. As soon as my Vivite arrived, I threw the Ibuki moisturizer away with a pang for the waste of money...

on 1/1/2014 7:16:00 AM

I love Shiseido and have been using the Skincare line for over a decade..... I ran out of moisturizer and went to Nordstrom's to get more and find out that they are replacing the Skincare line with the Ibuki line. I immediately panic because I love the Skincare line. So I decided to try the Ibuki refining moisturizer and the other one that has the SPF in it. I hate this moisturizer!! It is very runny. It feels like it's sitting on top of your skin instead of soaking into your skin. Then I feel oily. (I have combo skin and I'm sensitive). I will be returning this item.

on 11/15/2013 10:04:00 PM

I try the complete Ibuki skincare and I am completely happy to do this, the moisturizer feels great and is perfect for my combination skin, I was looking for something light and rich in moisture for my skin and this is all I need, feels like silk on my skin. I use this morning and evening after the Ibuki softener and after two weeks my skin looks brighter and soft, my pores are less visibly and the smell turn my happy mood on! Super recommendable if you are looking for something easy, complete and perfect skincare.

on 10/21/2013 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Awful product! I so wanted to like this...but it really doesnt deliver.
It leaves an oily film on the skin...even though I used very little product. The skin just doesnt absorb it! My face would be so oily in the mornings after using this...after a few days I started to break out and my pores were clogged and even larger than before. I looked at the ingredients with a friend whos a dermathologist and he told me there is NO single ingredient that would make your pores smaller or keep you blemish free.
Really dissapoiting.
The only nice thing is the package.

on 9/20/2013 12:08:00 AM

I have got a full size of Ibuki Refining Moisturizer which positioned to be used at night but I use this at daytime only (another version with SPF18 for daytime though) no greasy, the texture is between lotion & emulsion, quite runny

My skin is more supple, hydrated. It didn't cause any breakouts at all, my face seems smoother and pores are getting smaller (less imperfection) skin surface's roughness is reduced

The smell has a light scent ..

I'm satisfied with the result, above of all, very affordable price tag makes it very interesting product