SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 25-29
SHISEIDO Ibuki Refining Moisturizer

2.9

Water Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Triethylhexanoin, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Trehalose, Peg-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, Behenic Acid, Alcohol, Carbomer, Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Betaine, Fragrance, Silica, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycyl Glycine, Sodium Metabisulfite, Disodium Edta, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, Witch Hazel Leaf Extract, Lamium Album Flower Extract, Citrus Junos Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Zingiber Aromaticus Extract, Benzoic Acid.

on 8/9/2015 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This moisturizer contains alcohol which irritates my sensitive skin and is not hydrating enough.

I wanted to love it as it has a fluid texture that absorbs easily and smell good. It's about €54 here in France - too expensive for a product that doesn't perform well.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

I used this 3 times. Should have stopped after the first. I paid $70 Canadian for this and I feel like its money I could have flushed down the toilet. To be fair, drier skin or users with smaller pores may love this. It gave me horrible cystic acne and I regret every use and penny spent on it.

on 10/17/2014 9:14:00 AM

I have a deluxe sample of this which I was trying out for a while. Although I read up a lot on the science of this product and what it is supposed to do, I did not find that this moisturizer infused my skin with moisture. On the contrary, I found that it was still needing some extra moisture after application, especially under makeup and powder. This is a lightweight almost gel-like moisturizer which feels very silky on the skin. That being said, although I do not feel that it was super moisturizing, I noticed that my skin still managed to get a bit shiny throughout the day. I would not purchase the full-sized moisturizer.

on 10/17/2014 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use it for only 2 weeks and I have seen improvement at my skin that has pores and little scars from acne

I may be in the minority, but I'm super happy about the revamp of the original "The Skincare". The old formulas were too harsh and heavy for my skin (the extra gentle cream cleanser was not gentle at all) and made me breakout. After getting through winter with no issues, my skin suddenly started drying up at the start of spring. I ditched my current skincare regimen when I realised it wasn't doing anything for me. Even my faithful Avene Skin Recovery Cream couldn't fix the flakes. I decided to go back to basics and being addicted to Japanese skincare at the moment, I bought the softener and refining moisturizer. After one week my skin is back to normal and if anything, it's in even better condition than before! The moisturizer comes in a hygienic pump bottle and feels super concentrated - I only need a pea sized amount (no joke) for my whole face. It sinks in rapidly and in the morning my face feels so smooth! Yes it contains fragrance (which I know is a big no-no but I'm not sensitive to it) but that just makes the whole line look and feel so luxurious. Will definitely buy again.

on 12/29/2013 7:22:00 PM

This product is supposed to be for oily/combo skin, and at first it looks like that because texture is really light, but it actually makes your skin more oily and all the imperfections are much more visible.
It didn't make me break out or do any harm to my skin but it didn't help either - it made my skin look worse than if I don't put anything on my face.
Scent is nice and flowery but very artificial, which doesn't surprise me because you can't really call this a natural product. It is not too strong and it's pleasant but it doesn't last long, after about half an hour you can't really feel the smell anymore, which is good for those people who don't like scented moisturizers.
I expected much more from such an expensive product...but this is worse than most of cheap drugstore products. Ingredients list is also far from impressive. I only tried one 7ml sample which lasted me around two weeks and I couldn't wait to finish it. I'd never purchase this product because it's one of the worst things I've ever put on my face.

on 12/26/2013 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a loyal fan of Shiseido The Skincare range, but I decided to try the Ibuki range.
Too fragrant, and I don't think this range hydrates my skin as well as The Skincare range. I will not repurchase and will definitely stick to The Skincare.

on 10/9/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I think the Ibuki line is one of the best surprices I have experienced on the market this year!

My skin is sensitive, acne-prone, clogges up easily. I live in a very cold climate as well...

I got the whole Ibuki line and I really love the idea behind it, skincare made simple for the modern day woman!

The texture of my skin changed dramatically after using the Refining moisturizer. It is thin, absorbs quickly and I don't detect that much fragrance (I am highly sensitive for fragranced products but this is really subtle).

I have been using the entire line for a week... Love it! Its so simple and nice.... Will update in a week ;)

EDIT:
My skin got really oily... I couldn't use this anymore. The texture is really nice though and I recommend this for people with normal skin.

EDIT 2:
I realized I was using way too much of product. Now I use literally a pea size amount of the cleanser, one pump of the toner and one pump of this moisturizer and I don't get oily at all. My skin is responding really well!