Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I was so impressed with this BB cream because of the coverage, as well as the color. It wasn't too pink on my skin, and it was easily to apply. However, it clogged my pores badly. My skin didn't break out with pimples, but it was bumpy all over because my pores were so clogged. Once I stopped using it, my skin took some time to get back to its smooth self, pre-clogged pores.

I've read other reviews on various websites, and many people have the same issue with this product. It's a shame because I liked the quality for the price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to love this stuff and I went through 3 bottles, but then I noticed the shade I usually buy in light/medium was out of stock at my local walmart for a few months. I'm pretty sure they changed the color, what used to be a yellow undertone shade that matched me perfectly is now very pinky orange and too pale for me. This was one of the few drugstore foundations that matched my undertone without looking oompa loompa orange or pink. It has a semi matte finish and could be built to medium coverage without looking cakey. Grrrr!

To Read all 321 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/19/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have this in the light sheer tint. When I was trying out BB creams, first I tried the Maybelline Dream Fresh one. For whatever reason, I couldn't get the product to work without being blotchy. This one, though, has been amazing. I use it on days when I want a light, natural look because of it's minimal coverage. It evens out my skin tone and is truly a life-saver for me. I will definitely repurchase again.

I use this when I'm struggling with some breakouts to keep blemishes from getting out of control. I bought the light shade and it is slightly too light so I will use a slightly darker powder to make it match my face

This is probably the best bb cream I've tried so far, Which is surprising since I have tried some popular Korean brands like Skin79 and Missha perfect cover.

This product comes in a small easy to use squeeze tube. It provides LIGHT coverage, but you can definitely build on this. What I really like about this product is that it literally applies like lotion and it looks natural. It applies on so light and it's so easy to remove with a makeup wipe, It won't get all over your clothes. If you're the type of person who can't stand wearing thick makeup, this is perfect for you. For some people who have extremely noticeable discoloration (redness, scarring), this product might not be for you. I know that when I'm breaking out really badly, this product doesn't really do much in the coverage department. However, on days where my spots aren't too bad, this product looks great on. ALSO, since using this (about a week) I have notice my skin has improved. My spots aren't as dark as before, my acne has improved. This is probably the only type of face makeup I'm willing to put on everyday.

Downsides. This little tiny tube of makeup cost around 9 dollars. I feel like I can literally go through one tube in less than a month. There are not that many shades. They offer light, medium light, medium dark, and dark. I have an olive skin tone (I'm east asian). The medium dark is slightly too dark for me, the medium light matches my skin, but if I put on two layers on my "bad skin" days it will look like I'm wearing a mask. This product won't help people who are oily. I'm oily and I tend to look past this since it's not that much different from when I'm not wearing any makeup. Overall, I would repurchase this again after I'm done using my current tube.

on 3/2/2016 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Thought I'd give this a try, since I like the original BB cream. This one started out okay at 7am but by 10am I needed to blot. I'm in a cold climate, so this was very disappointing. I applied it with my fingers and blended with a damp beauty blender, used the Dream Wonder powder and set it with my setting stray. I like BB creams, but this is obviously not for combination or oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

As someone who suffers from acne, finding any kind of facial makeup can be rather difficult. I spotted this on a trip to the drugstore and, after reading the package, decided to try it.

This is my favorite facial makeup that I have ever used! It isn't heavy feeling (I hate how most foundations seem cakey) and it gives just enough coverage to hide some small pimples and even out my skin tone. It blends well and has great staying power; I've had it on for over 10 hours and it doesn't budge. It doesn't make me break out at all!

I will say that if you are looking for a full-coverage foundation, this is not the makeup for you; it's more of just a light coating of makeup to give you an even canvas. If you have larger blemishes, you will have to use a concealer.

The only con is that the product does have a faint, almost medicinal odor (due to the salicylic acid in it), but that doesn't bother me too much.

I'm on my second bottle of it, and I plan on repurchasing it many times over!

Loved this product so much! It has helped my skin and has great coverage for a drug store BB cream, the cream looks a bit too light but it later adjusts to your skin, this is break for light natural matte finishes, especially for school! I don't wear foundation to school just bb cream, it's more natural not heavy at all.

Bought this product about a week ago, heard so many good things about it and couldn't resist myself to pick this up while I was at target. The first time I applied it (with a brush) seemed to blend into my skin really well and adjust to my skin tone after a while. The shade I got was in medium and was a little light than my usual skin tone but not something I would really fuss about as it did adjust and gave it a very dewy look without powder. The consistency is kinda thick but didn't bother me to much. This morning, I applied it again and it left me looked so washed out for some reason due to a lighter shade :/ its buildable but gets quiet cakey if applied too much so I suggest you use only one layer of this and dot small amounts onto your face, leaving more of a natural look. Overall, I think this product is okay! Not the best but a product I would probably buy again if I don't find any better ones. As for the salicylic acid ingredient, it probably has done its job for my pimples but don't really notice any difference much but don't really mind as i don't have acne prone skin.

I have combo and acne prone skin with an oily t-zone and dry spots around my chin and mouth. I've worn this for about two days and I'm very impressed. So far it has yet to break me out and the color is spot on (Light/Medium) and one of the only maybelline foundations that doesn't oxidize on me. It has medium coverage too.