Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream
New packagingDream Pure BB CreamDidn't work for me

3.7

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

I really like this product. Obviously the acne treatment in it isn't a substitute for a good skincare routine, but I definitely see a difference in my acne when I use this, and it minimizes my pores as well. It's very matte, and you need to make sure to exfoliate and moisturize well because it will cling to dry patches. If you have a drier skin type, steer clear. The finish is still a tad chalky, so I use this when I have pimples and alternate it with the Pixi H20 skin tint, which is more hydrating and has a nicer finish in my opinion. I also use rosewater as a setting spray when I use this bb cream. It's nice to get some skincare benefits from your face makeup, but I think when I run out of this I'm going to try the Misha perfect cover bb cream, since I feel like this will be too drying for the colder months.

on 9/10/2017 4:26:00 AM

I was honestly expecting a lot worse when I bought this. I much prefer the IT Cosmetics CC cream but its just so expensive that sometimes I want to alternate with something more affordable, so I tried this one. The color selection sucks, the coverage is sheer but you can build it up to light.. not quite medium. It's pretty matte in my opinion.. there's no glow on my face when I have this on. As for the acne fighting part, idk about that. Its just matte so if you're oily, this might be nice for you. All in all, it gets the job done.

on 5/3/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Maybelline Dream Pure BB balm has great coverage, assuming you can find a shade that matches your skin tone. I have "light sheer tint," and it doesn't match my light skin, nor is it sheer. It looks like a mask on my face, smells like a chemical composition of a hot dog, claims to have 2% salicyclic acid for acne treatment but breaks me out, and it's horribly greasy and disappears on oily spots very quickly for something with kaolin in the second row of ingredients. Out of the eight benefits touted on the back, it only conceals imperfections and reduces the appearance of redness. I'm happy to throw it away and never repurchase, though I'm annoyed that I wasted money on it.

on 3/1/2017 12:51:00 AM

This was my first BB cream and I bought it out of desperation from a terrible reaction to a previous foundation from Maybelline. This one had some staying power but ultimately didn't get rid of the problem I had with flaky skin. I don't know whether or not it was because of the primer I used (also Maybelline) or just my reaction to my skin. The product also felt very oily for something that's supposed to be used for those who want some help with spot trouble in their makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I always go back to this when it comes to BB Creams. I've tried several others, some high-end, some drugstore and not a single one gave me the fresh, natural dewy look that Dream Pure gives me. Amazing for oily skin. Evens out the skin tone and brightens without looking greasy.

on 3/5/2017 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've tried so many different types of foundations and tinted moisturizers and everything ended up looking terrible on my face. I was about to lose all hope until a friend recommended this BB cream. I have it in the light/medium shade and it's the perfect match for my skin. It perfectly evens out my face while still looking 100% natural and not caked on. I apply it with a dry beauty blender (I don't like the dewy-ness that comes with a damp blender) and apply powder over top. It lasts all day and doesn't make my combo skin any oilier than it usually gets. I can't really comment much on its acne-fighting abilities just because I haven't noticed any change in the occasional acne that I've gotten.Would definitely recommend if you want something sheer and natural but still provides enough coverage to give you an even finish

on 12/23/2016 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first BB cream, I have light rosacea in my cheeks and wanted to try some coverage for my daily routine. Unfortunately it didn't work for me, the cream has a light texture which is good but does not cover as expected and where it is applied after a while has the oil look so I have had to retouch with compact powder.

on 8/9/2016 6:08:00 PM

The coverage is easy to build! This was only $8 that I purchased at the drugstore. I'm impressed with the amount of time this has lasted me! It does help reduce the size of my pores and help slightly with my redness. However, you do have to build the coverage up a bit more to notice coverage.

on 1/15/2017 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

not bad coverage and lasts pretty well, easy to use, however it made me break out and therefore i would not buy it again

on 1/11/2017 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was totally surprised just how good this BB cream is. Honestly it's better then my Christian Dior BB cream. It's my every day BB cream that I wear and my skin loves it!!