Jordana Best Volume Extreme Volumizing Mascara

Jordana Best Volume Extreme Volumizing Mascara
Best Volume Extreme Volumizing Mascara

2.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Meh. This isn’t my favorite & isn’t the worst in the world. It’s perfectly adequate just not stellar. I didn’t see a lot of difference between this & no mascara tbh & it irritates my eyes. I wish I could’ve bought the purple cap. I was at Walgreens & they had BOGO50% so it was worth it to try both kinds. It’s not waterproof. I won’t be be rebuying. This is just as good as LA Colord or wnw or elf. Just wish I could get a chance to try the kind w the purple!

on 8/19/2017 10:54:00 AM

Have been using for many years and feel it is an excellent bargain!

Would be HG if it came in waterproof. This gets everywhere on me and flakes.

Very frustrating. I love the moussy formula and the fact that it doesn't cause my lashes to fall after application.

Again if there was a WP formula of this it'd be my HG... until then I guess I'll try to find a dupe...

on 10/27/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I personally did not have issues with this one ( green cap). Did not smudge ( and I have oily lids), and did not flake. Maybe I got lucky with this one. The one with the purple lettering may have been the most preferred, but I do not see a difference in performance between either. Take your chances.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Hello,
So this mascara is highly recommended by many mua. So I gav it a try. I love that this lengthens my lashes. It is very thickening so at times it clumps on my lashes. But what I started doing is apply a clear lash gel to my lashes after applying this mascara. And it helps to removes the clumps and separate the lashes. I like it because it gets my lashes full and longer.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Meh, it's OK...I much prefer the other Jordana (black packaging and purple writing). This one is very middle of the road and even tho I've large almond shaped eyes and can usually handle large brushes, this one makes a mess of my lids. Not a total fail but certainly won't repurchase either.

on 4/2/2015 4:52:00 PM

I mistakenly picked up this mascara instead of the Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara (had read some rave reviews), which I didn't realize my error until a couple of weeks into using it. I initially wondered if I was losing my mind because this mascara is quite bad.

As other reviewers have stated, this is a very dry formula, which typically is good for my wimpy, Asian-straight lashes. However, somehow this mascara still tends to weight down and straighten out my curl - what's that about? Also, yes, it's very clumpy. It's been awhile since I've encountered a mascara THIS clumpy, even after I've wiped some of the product off the opening of the tube. Actual clumps form on individual lashes and of course my lashes fuse together within a few strokes. Of course it also smudges throughout the day. I will say the ginormous brush is excellent at coating all my very sparse lashes, but that and the low price of this product are the only pros of this mascara.

I will not be repurchasing this. I think I will probably be tossing it the next time I see it in my stash! Life's too short for underwhelming mascara!

on 11/21/2014 5:22:00 PM

This mascara was an epic fail. The brush is huge! The formula is dry! and it doesn't give my volume. I've used it only a few times, and its a mascara that I will not look for in my collection. Glad I only spent $3 at my local Walgreens...this is will be in my "for emergencies only" makeup bag. I prefer the original Jordana best volume mascara (black tube with purple letters).

on 1/20/2015 10:06:00 PM

The first time I used this I was amazed. It was the best mascara I had ever used to create a full lash look, damn near false status. Excellent volumizing and picked up every lash. It really opened up my eyes and created a beautiful lash effect, for just $2.50!

However, after the initial use the formula went from buildable and crumble-free to clumpy and full of mascara crumbs. I really had to comb through to get rid of them all. The formula, practically overnight, became a lot drier and even one coat was barely possible without a mess. It still creates a wonderfully voluminous and thick lash effect, and props up curl decently, but the mess outweighs it.

I am planning to go back and get the version with the regular brush, rather than the big brush like this one, as that seems to be the better-rated one.

on 1/20/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I want to say I'm surprised at the mixed reviews, but when it comes to mascara it truly is "to each his own". I think this is a great mascara, especially for $3. Now to be honest, my eyelashes are naturally long and has a somewhat curl to it, so most mascaras work for me.
So with that being said this mascara meets basically all criterias for me. It can be a natural yet fluffy eyelash look or a more dramatic and thick voluminous eye lash look; I enjoy the versatility. So it's definitely buildable but it never gets clumpy! It does leave black marks on my lids when I don't use primer, but I can't fault the mascara too much for my oily lids. I tend to use it in conjunction with the pink lid lengthening one and its the perfect match. I'd like a waterproof version as well but otherwise I don't have any issues with it, it's a great mascara.