Kanebo KATE Eye Makeup Remover

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is a pretty basic eye makeup remover that's the two phase type similar to Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover, Lancome Bifacil, as well as Bifesta's Eye Makeup Remover (not the Bifesta Cleansing Liquid). These are all very similar - comes with 2 liquids that look separate in the bottle, you shake it up before putting on cotton pad and then remove your eye makeup.

So I THINK I got my bottle of the KATE remover as a extra bonus from some set so i'm not 100% sure if the full sized bottles are made the same way, but mine comes with a narrow squeeze top which is rather interesting. Most of the 2phase eye makeup removers (all three I listed above), comes in a flat top with a hole in it that you then cover with a cotton pad and shake the remover into. for this, you squeeze the remover like you're squeezing super glue. I'm guessing the reason is for "finer control" and probably to squeeze onto cotton tips for point makeup fixing (like if you screwed up your eyeliner), but I actually find it more difficult to use, as I have to be really care to not squeeze too hard and have it squirt far beyond my cotton pad.

It seems to remove eye makeup not as well as the Bifesta eye makeup remover, as i find that the overall feel of this on the cotton pad is dryer somehow than the Bifesta, even after drenching the cotton pad. Possibly because of that dryer texture, i had to scrub/rub a bit more on my eyelid.

Still not too bad but i probably won't repurchase - I still have a couple of bottles of bifesta not to mention 5 or 6 bottles of Lancome Bifacil from various gwp's. But even after finishing all of those, if I'm in the US i'd just go Neutrogena, and if i'm in Japan at the time I'd just go for the Bifesta as that brand is super cheap/affordable in japan.