Mizon Snail Repair BB Cream

Mizon Snail Repair BB Cream
Snail Repair BB Cream

3.9

on 8/5/2017 10:05:00 PM

This isn't a perfect BB cream, yet I can't seem to stop buying it. It's one of the palest BB creams I've found--about NC15. I'm an NC10, so I mix this with my SFF or other foundations. I feel like my skin actually improves due to the snail. It's easy to blend with a sponge and gives medium coverage, and especially covers my redness. It doesn't last long on my oily/combo skin, which is why I mix it with other, more long-lasting foundations. Just be warned--with such a high SPF, there is some insane flashback, so don't wear it if you expect to be taking pictures!

I love this product! It's such a surprise because when I first got it I thought it was just insanely pale (which it is) but I realized that's just the whole Japanese/Korean look.. since using it my skin is smoother and the finish is absolutely flawless. Be prepared for the paleness but add some bronzer and most Anglo girls will be look great, but for olive skin and darker - avoid.

on 3/27/2017 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This cream is very pale and quite a heavy coverage BB. I've never worn it consistently as I've been a bit wary of the way it sets on the skin and feels dry. I put it on this morning with a teardrop sponge and it's lasted all day, without any feeling of skin discomfort.
I find I'm able to use it as a concealer, so it serves two purposes, thinned out with a sponge as a foundation, and dabbed over areas that need extra coverage.
I think along with the fact that it has a high spf, it's very good value for money, and of course it has snail slime in it, which is a plus if you believe in the healing properties of snail slime.
I do use Mizon's skin repair snail cream, so I'm quite comfortable with putting snail on my face.

I've tried mixing in a little bit of Bourjois Healthy Mix in vanille, and it makes the perfect colour for me. I've found the consistency is the same and it still lasts all day.

on 3/5/2017 9:22:00 PM

This BB cream is very pale. Lucky for me, I am also pale and it matched very well. It does offer excellent coverage and my skin feels more hydrated. The fact that it has high SPF is also a huge plus. This is one of the reasons I use BB creams from Korea, I wish all cosmetics and skin care had SPF. My only issue is that it is very thick and it is very shiny (this is common with Korean BB creams). I do need a lot of powder to set this, and it can look very cakey. It also isn't very compatible with stick'cream blushes or contour. Overall, this is a very good, affordable product for those who like heavy makeup with SPF that are also on the pale side.

on 8/31/2016 12:32:00 PM

This is a preliminary review as I've only worn this BB for 2 days. I'll update as I try this more. I read reviews of this before buying and was very excited to try it out. I also ordered 2 other Mizon snail products (the recovery gel cream and the ampoule). I was surprised to find that this BB is *very* thick since some older reviews stated that it was very runny. Comparing ingredients, I now see that it must have been reformulated within the last couple of years because Titanium Dioxide has jumped from #4 ingredient to #2. That explains the thickness and also the light shade. This is VERY pale and really just kind of beige once you get it on the face. It's also hard to spread and feels more like a thick concealer.

Day ONE: I applied a thin layer all over my face and tried to blend down the whiteness as much as I could. This is NOT enough product to give good sunscreen coverage (spf 32 on the box) but I didn't feel like I could apply more or it would look like a mask. I used a little more product applied with a sponge in place of my concealer. I found it covered pretty well... however, my face was now about 2 shades lighter than normal and very shiny. This is not what I'd call dewy... it's beyond dewy. I brushed on some mineral powder to add color and cover up some shininess, finished my makeup, and went to work. In less than 3 hours, the BB cream had started to breakup over my oily parts so I applied more mineral powder to hide it - seemed to work OK and lasted the rest of the day.

Day TWO: I squeezed out a bit of the BB cream and then added a more liquid mineral sunscreen, mixed in my hands and spread over my face. I think doing this made it spread better but it's still 2 shades lighter than my natural color. However, I felt better being able to get more sunscreen on my face. I used it as a concealer again (without extra sunscreen). Instead of a brush, I used a powder puff to pat on the mineral powder and I think this works better than a brush. Finished my makeup and then spritzed with Twinlabs NA-PCA spray. I still had to powder mid-day but this wore much better than day 1. However, I also diluted the BB cream with the sunscreen, so I got less active ingredients... but better sunscreen coverage.

Day THREE: (Today) Nope, don't have the patience to fiddle with it and just don't want such heavy makeup on! I used the ampoule product instead, which has hyaluronic acid, so hopefully will be more hydrating.

Overall: I'm not impressed with the texture of the cream: thick, hard to spread, and super shiny after application. Does OK mixed with sunscreen but it is just still heavy and perhaps a bit drying... oh well. I haven't used this BB since day 2. I've just been too lazy in the mornings and don't like the feel of thick products on my face. (I do enjoy the ampoule product, however, and my husband is using the skin recovery gel cream... will do reviews on these eventually.) If I wear this again, I will update. I plan to try it with a primer on top next.

on 6/26/2016 11:03:00 PM

I really like this BB cream and it's my go to Summer BB as well for many reasons. One the shade I'm about an NW20 maybe lighter. I have very cool undertones, blonde hair, and green eyes for reference. This shade is very light but it matches me perfectly. I really like products with snail secretion because they have helped clear up my acne, and give my smooth even toned skin. I started using snail cream from Mizon a year ago and haven't stopped. I credit it for keeping me looking young.

So when I saw this cream I thought I'd try it. I love the light coverage but it is build able if need be. I personally don't like to put more than 2 layers though. I like my skin to show through. I like this because it's not super full coverage at all. The texture is smooth and creamy and it's very easy to apply. I put a little on the back of my hand and use a dupe of sigmas 180 brush to blend. This BB lasts on me all day with no creasing or fading or making me shiny. My skin looked fresh, and when I removed it my skin looks better! So I'm really liking that factor as blotchyness is such an issue for me. It also does not crease in my laugh lines or my light forehead lines.

This cream also has a ton of good ingredients and snail filtrate is the 1st ingredient. So, that really impressed me. It also has a ton of natural herbs and other goodies added in as well. Mine was pretty inexpensive around 9$ and I would like to get a bigger tube of this. I really have had good luck with Mizon products as I use their snail creams as well. They do not break me out and really help regulate my skin. Especially during hormonal times. Having a BB cream with the ingredient I love has been working very well for me. I really think if you want to try a Snail BB but don't want to spend to much or try other kinds. Start with Mizon it's affordable and it's really nice on the skin. I really love it! Recommended!

on 6/26/2016 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The first time I used this, disaster. Complete, utter, disaster. I used waaay too much, and it didn't play well with the s/s I had on underneath. The end result was that I looked like I had caked 10 pounds of foundation on my face (no joke - I scared the hell out of my boyfriend). I put it away and treated it with trepidation after that. But then - thanks to religious s/s usage and Hylamide c25 Booster - my skin lightened out of the narrow shade range my previous BB cream provided and I needed *something*. Reluctantly, I tried this again. I was a little smarter this time though. I put proper foundation primer on under it, used a Beauty Blender-type sponge to apply it, and set it with loose powder and viola! Perfection in both application and color match. It lasted an entire day of traipsing around Los Angeles in our hot summer weather and well into the night. It didn't break me out, and despite my dubiousness about it's SPF I didn't even pink a little bit (though it was only incidental exposure - I wouldn't rely on this if you're going to spend any real time in the sun). I won't repurchase just because I've found better out there, but it's not the worst BB I've ever used (Missha M Cushion holds that dubious distinction).

on 3/13/2016 8:00:00 PM

This was just okay for me. The color match was good for my pale skin (NC15, Tarte Shell) and left a dewy finish which is considered shiny by Western standards. (I always have to prime and powder like crazy when using Korean BBs, since I prefer a more matte finish.) This provided medium coverage by Korean BB standards, and you could build it to full coverage. It did even out my skintone and helped diminish the dark circles and red PIH marks from old acne, but I definitely still needed concealer for both of those concerns. Compared to the Skin79 hot pink BB, it was less gray in color, but the Skin79 melted into my skin more easily. The main reason that I would not purchase this again was that it left my face feeling dry and irritated...and my oily skin can handle crazy levels of acids and retinoids with no problems. But others did not seem to have this reaction, so it's worth a try if you are testing BBs to find one that works for you.

I got this for very cheap ($11 plus shipping) on Amazon and you can also get it for around that price if you order directly from Korea. I definitely would not pay the $21 retail from Peach and Lily or other US online retailers!

This BB cream is very thick, but has a good coverage. The only bad thing about it is the color range; they only have it in lightest shade possible. I use lightest shades of loreal and other drugstore foundations, but this BB cream made me look pale. Like a vampire.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love this stuff. I decided to take the Korean BB cream plunge for summer 2015. I haven't wanted to shell out lots of money for high-end BB creams, having swatched them and not being wowed. None of the drugstore ones seemed like they would have worked for my very fair skin, having read horror stories about oxidation and the lightest shade being a joke for fair skin tones. I read some reviews and comparisons of Korean BBs and this seemed like it would work best for me, being very fair with neutral to yellow/warm undertones.

It does! This, applied over the Maybelline Master Prime in Blur + Illuminate makes me a glowing goddess with perfect skin. I've received so many compliments. (I contour and highlight and use concealer too.)

Although this is very easy to use, it doesn't really save me any time or effort when compared to using a traditional foundation. I have applied/blended this in with fingers and Beauty Blender, and like both outcomes. I'm still struggling a bit with how this performs on my nose, which gets pretty oily and breaks through within hours, but tweaking primer and setting powder is worth it for the finish this gives me. Last bonus is that this is easy to purchase and so inexpensive on Amazon.