Yves Saint Laurent Rebel Nude

No Image

3.0

on 6/25/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Oh Wow! I really wanted to love this Lip gloss/ lip stain, but I hate the way it seems to SHRINK my lips! I have naturally full lips and all of the rebel nudes had the same weird effect. Almost like saran rap melted on my lips. Odd.

on 6/25/2014 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I purchased this glossy stain after reading amazing reviews on it both from professionals and makeup lovers. And I haven't been disappointed, it really is a great product - not as sticky as gloss, but not quite matte as lipstick, so just perfect for my purposes. I have the one in Corail Mutin, shade 102, it's a true coral without any pink or brown undertones. The color intensity is nice, too, it's not sheer and you can build it to achieve a brighter shade. The important part is the applicator - I'm absolutely in love with it, it's made out of some silky-feeling material, and it just feels like no other applicator I've tried before, it's like a feathery massage for your lips (OK, I guess you got it that I have crazy addiction to this stuff). It has a nice wine-berry smell, it's not overpowering, even though I mostly don't like scented makeup. The price tag is up there, but it's totally worth it. I want to repurchase in every shade)).

on 5/13/2014 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a big fan of the YSL glossy stains - I own several of them and use them on nearly a daily basis (see some of my other reviews) - but this review is for shade 101/Nude Provocateur in particular. With this shade I found the same great formula as in my other traditional YSL glossy stains, with the difference being the addition of the very slight, pretty shimmer that the Rebel Nudes line offers. My issue with this particular shade is with the fact that it simply doesn't work with my complexion - it doesn't register on my lips/face, period. I am an olive-skinned Latina (NC 42 in winter when I purchased this, and definitely more tan in the summer) and unfortunately found this product to be the equivalent of very expensive, long-lasting clear shimmer gloss on me. I imagine that it will be of even less use to me in the summer. However, as I've already stated many of the other YSL glossy stains contain more than enough pigment to work beautifully on tan/darker skin tones, and in general it's a fantastic product. I just wish that the line contained a flattering nude for darker skin tones.