Yves Saint Laurent Rebel Nude

No Image

on 6/25/2014 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I purchased this glossy stain after reading amazing reviews on it both from professionals and makeup lovers. And I haven't been disappointed, it really is a great product - not as sticky as gloss, but not quite matte as lipstick, so just perfect for my purposes. I have the one in Corail Mutin, shade 102, it's a true coral without any pink or brown undertones. The color intensity is nice, too, it's not sheer and you can build it to achieve a brighter shade. The important part is the applicator - I'm absolutely in love with it, it's made out of some silky-feeling material, and it just feels like no other applicator I've tried before, it's like a feathery massage for your lips (OK, I guess you got it that I have crazy addiction to this stuff). It has a nice wine-berry smell, it's not overpowering, even though I mostly don't like scented makeup. The price tag is up there, but it's totally worth it. I want to repurchase in every shade)).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh wow, get thee to a YSL counter! I bought this after it was recommended by Sali Hughes on her website. I am not a fan of lipgloss at all due to sticky hair/gloop dislike, but I like the idea of it, and I am a bit scared of strong lip colour, so I thought this might be a great foot in the door. The product is gorgeous! It has a doe foot applicator and all the colours are lovely, but I went for 105 which is a bright pinky nude. It lasts for hours, gives a gorgeous gloss with a slight shimmer, stains but doesn't sink into lip lines. Has a bit of a strange smell and the feel of it takes a bit of getting used to,in that it stays quite tacky on the lips, but is no way as gloopy as gloss.

I can best describe it, texture and performance-wise, as a cross between Benefit's Benetint and a normal gloss.

It's not cheap (I paid about £23.50) but I do not regret it as I haven't seen anything else like it on the market yet.

Popular Lip Glosses