Yves Saint Laurent Rebel Nude

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.3

This lip product is the ONLY lipstick my husband has actually commented on saying ' wow, I love that shade of lipstick you're wearing today...'. Great gloss, non sticky and nude is a lovely soft pink. Last for ages and ages and isnt too too glossy.

on 8/20/2015 12:07:00 PM

Something that I adore the original of, but not its neighbouring sibling so much.

This is the lackluster version of the glossy stain original, a sheer and sparkling imitation.

My lips are pigmented to begin with, so there is only a hint of colour that is expressed. I attempted to put a concealer, a nude lipstick underneath, and it accentuated the colours a bit more, but not to much avail.

The shade I tried was one of the more pigmented ones, 108 Violine out of Control. Swatched on the hand, its a beautiful sheeny pink-tinged purple. On the lips, its a mellow vague cool-toned pink.

I was disappointed, but alas, the fact that it did not suit me does not mean it will not suit you.

I prefer the original glossy stains, and the water pop stains over.
However. I do prefer these over the tint-in-oil, a similar cousin in the line.

on 5/13/2014 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a big fan of the YSL glossy stains - I own several of them and use them on nearly a daily basis (see some of my other reviews) - but this review is for shade 101/Nude Provocateur in particular. With this shade I found the same great formula as in my other traditional YSL glossy stains, with the difference being the addition of the very slight, pretty shimmer that the Rebel Nudes line offers. My issue with this particular shade is with the fact that it simply doesn't work with my complexion - it doesn't register on my lips/face, period. I am an olive-skinned Latina (NC 42 in winter when I purchased this, and definitely more tan in the summer) and unfortunately found this product to be the equivalent of very expensive, long-lasting clear shimmer gloss on me. I imagine that it will be of even less use to me in the summer. However, as I've already stated many of the other YSL glossy stains contain more than enough pigment to work beautifully on tan/darker skin tones, and in general it's a fantastic product. I just wish that the line contained a flattering nude for darker skin tones.