L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga

3.5

Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Silica, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Mica

on 6/17/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

At first I had a hard time applying this mascara. It's so black, so lengthening, so pretty but it always made spider lashes. Once I figured out to separate my lashes at the root with a qtip or my finger this mascara became unbeatable for length.

It lengthens the lashes so much with only one coat. It can feel a bit heavy the first time you wear it but that goes away quick. For sweet, innocent eyes or dramatic looks I would ALWAYS recommend this mascara, BUT also advise that it takes a bit of playing around with to get right.

The wand goes right to the root of the lashes and works great for bottom lashes as well. Love it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly I didn't really like this, made my lashes stick together and makes them clumpy. Love the design of the product but damn this does not look good on my lashes.

on 6/9/2017 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love the formula and the brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My current mascara of choice! I wear this daily and am on my second tube. When I had finished my first tube I decided to get the Covergirl Lashblast to try something new, but it didn't even compare and I went out and bought the Miss Manga after using Lashblash only two or three times!

Miss Manga - excellent volume and length, very dark as well. I would consider this a more "dramatic look" but with my lashes I need it lol. I also really like the brush because the bristles are very long so I find it coats the lashes better :) Removing it is a bit hard I think, because I use the boscia make up break up cleansing oil and sometimes I find there's still some left. But it's not major just a little bit. Overall I would continue to buy and buy again!

on 5/21/2017 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Doesn't work for me. I've tried it quite a few times, even with a different brush but the result has always been the same: my lashes would stick together and you could clearly see the individual fibers. Perhaps that's the idea of "Manga" but definitely not the kind of look I like. The "bendy" brush doesn't seem to make much of a difference to application.

on 5/16/2017 12:16:00 PM

Not very great.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Amazing mascara for length. It also goes about 15 hours without smudging. Will totally buy again.

This is my current favorite drugstore mascara. The formula to me g8ves me both hefty volume and a good bit of length. Applied properly, the final effect is large and wispy eyelashes on my wimpy lashes. While I have found mascara that gives more volume (such as Too Faced BTS or Laura Geller GlamLash) this formula isn't a bear to remove. As in, removing it doesn't involve some eyelashes too. I picked it up in Dark Brown (or black brown, can't remember) by accident. I was annoyed since I exclusively use black, but it turned out to be so great. The real selling point for me was that in the dark brown shade, I can perfectly catch the ends of my browhairs after filling them in, suddenly makes them look like full luscious brows. Again, I'm not combing through like I would a brow gel, but just brushing lightly on the tips of the hair. The effect is amazing and something I haven't been able to replicate with gel. However, it does start to flake off after a full day of wear. Still worth it for me, as it also matches my brow color very well. (dark brown, not too orange or red based)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My FAVOURITE mascara from before it even came out. I was honestly so excited and it did not disappoint. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, give you manga-esque lashes that are super long lasting and only need to coats. I have used this mascara from the time it was released and I will use it until it's discontinued. Excellent product for younger girls for a night out on the town or even daily. I use glasses so they really show which is something I love. Usually eye make up goes unnoticed on those who wear glasses but this mascara does not.

on 3/28/2017 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is quite crap. As we all know, mascara is a very personal choice, and this doesn't work for me at all. I have quite long eyelashes, but the individual hairs are very thin and soft. This mascara left me with the infamous 'Three Lashes' look. The first coat is okay - very natural looking, but okay - but once I try to build up a second coat, things start clumping like hell. It also wants to deposit huge chunks of the formula onto your lashes, which have to be combed out. I tried wiping the brush down; no noticeable difference. It also left a mess on my lashline. I have quite a bit of a natural curl to my lashes - enough that a lash curler is redundant - but this actually weighed them down and made them straighter. Despite all the clumping, it still didn't really accentuate my lashes the way I want them to be.

Now, as far as I can tell, the formula itself is decent, doesn't smudge, doesn't flake down all over your cheeks during the day, and doesn't irritate my eyes, either. The price is what you'd expect from a drugstore mascara and the packaging is actually really nice; I like how it doesn't roll off the counter because it's flat on one side and it closes with a nice click. It's not a BAD mascara, exactly, but I've had better from drugstore at the same price or lower. I think the problem is with the flexible brush head; it just didn't let me comb through the lashes the way I usually need to to make them both separated and add volume. The brush head will literally bend against my lashes and kinda just glide over one side of them instead of actually through them. Because the brush is tapered, it adds more 'volume', or rather clump, to the lashes in the middle of the eye, which just makes the eye lopsided-looking, in my opinion. But that IS a personal preference; I usually want more volume on the outer edge of my eye, to elongate and lift the eyes. I also found the bristles to be a bit uneven, which, in my opinion, contributes to the (apparently trendy by some standards???) spidery lashes effect.

You might like this, I don't know. I find it quite frustrating to work with and the results to be mediocre. You might enjoy it if your lashes are short and the hairs strong and stiff, I think. I'm certainly not buying this again myself.