NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

Filtered by skin tone : Dark

3.7

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm not sure if this does anything at all to mattify my face, but I just use it to add a bit hydration when I'm down with all the powders and stuff. It's an impulse product (something you think you need, but really don't)

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I don’t usually write reviews but have to say that I am now in love with this setting spray. I tried using the spray before and after the makeup (also use the powder before foundation technique) and my face will still be very oily after 3-4 hours - I would need to touch up throughout the day

Recently I have been spraying my beauty blenders with the nyx setting spray when applying makeup then once my makeup is complete spray a mist on my face and this has worked wonders - It takes longer for me to get shiny and only need to touch up once throughout the day so giving this a rating of 4.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I live in a very hot, humid climate which tends to make my makeup very oily if I do not use some sort of a setting spray to set my face. I use it as a primer to prime my face before my foundation and I also set my face again once I’m done with my makeup. Ever since I tried this trick, my foundation doesn’t have a streaky or oily look to it. My face stays fresh all day with only a hint of oil on my nose which is amazing! I’ll use blotting sheets for my nose but overall, this spray does the heavy duty work of reducing the oil. It’s budget friendly which is awesome! You can’t beat the $8 price tag! I love the packaging which is very simple and sleek. In my opinion, this is the perfect dupe to Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This spray is sort of in the middle for me, not game-changing but a bit more than average. (I would give about a 3.7/5) I have very oily skin so it doesn’t really keep me matte so I still have to blot after about 3 hours. I like this to get rid of powdery-ness on my face when I set foundation with powder. It has no scent which is awesome because I’ve used the Wet n Wild one and I hated the scent in that spray. Although it doesn’t keep me matte all day and I don’t particularly rely on spray for setting or longevity, it’s possible I just like this for the novelty of being able to spray something on my face. I would buy it again because there was nothing that I hated about it and it does make my face look smoother after using setting powder and it just feels refreshing.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This product is pretty okay. It's gives you a matte finish when first applied, but I sometimes find myself reapplying it maybe one or two more times throughout the day. I am oily, but I don't consider myself very oily, so for a matte setting spray, I don't think I should need to reapply it as often as I sometimes do. I'm also not so fond of the chemical smell that this spray gives off. On a good note, the setting spray is small enough to fit into your purse or bag when you are on the go.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

If this is Nyx's idea of Matte I imagine Dewy is straight up oil. This dries down to a nice matte finish but it greases me up within an hour of applying it. Not cool. Has an ultra chemical scent.

Don't really like this. Hard Candy's spray is way less fine then this but it smells better, is cheaper, mattifies better and keeps my makeup on longer.

Won't repurchase this again.

Edited on December 30th 2015: My perception of this stuff has changed. I tried it over a powder foundation. Usually powder foundations just disappear on me but with this stuff sprayed on top of it, my face maintained coverage. So I've found a use for it. Still wouldn't repurchase it as I don't use powder foundation all that often.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this hoping it would combat my oiliness or at least keep my face matte for a bit longer, it doesn't do anything for oil control at all. In the UK it costs roughly 11 and it's not worth the price at all. There is quite a strong alcohol smell.

The only thing I like about it is that it reduces the cakey look and gets rid of the grey cast after setting the make up with powder.

I think this is probably best for people with dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

definitely not intended for long wear because I'm all shin by lunch time

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have oily acne prone skin, so getting any foundation to last more than 4 hours on my skin before I have to blot or powder is very difficult. I absolutle love how much longevity this product gives to my make up, on average I would stay this incraes the wear if my make up by 2 to 3 hours depending on the foundation. With ths setting spray I am able to get through an entire work day without haveing to touch my make up.
This beig a water based product I'm guessing that it will not bother people with sensitive skin. I would definitelly recmmend this to anyone especially my fellow ladies who have oily skin.