NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

3.3

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

This is my 3rd time purchasing this product and I'm a bit surprised by the low rating for this product. For me it works quite well. It sets my make-up.I don't think it mattes my face, but it keeps my make up from moving throughout the day. It is also absorbed quickly. For the price, I'd say it does a good job, comparable to MAC fix plus and Urban Decay All Nighter. Thanks for reading!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I don’t usually write reviews but have to say that I am now in love with this setting spray. I tried using the spray before and after the makeup (also use the powder before foundation technique) and my face will still be very oily after 3-4 hours - I would need to touch up throughout the day

Recently I have been spraying my beauty blenders with the nyx setting spray when applying makeup then once my makeup is complete spray a mist on my face and this has worked wonders - It takes longer for me to get shiny and only need to touch up once throughout the day so giving this a rating of 4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Skin: acne prone, sensitive, oily

The spray does not keep you matte, but it does prevent your makeup from 'breaking apart' but it does not keep you matte. I guess the name misled me cause it does not keep you matte, I think it just means when you spray it and it dries it'll look matte, not that it'll keep you matte. So the 'setting spray' aspect works (I only wear foundation though, light layer, no contour or anything) but the 'matte' aspect is questionable.

I remember the first time I tried it I found the smell so strong and unpleasant. For makeup beginners, do not spray this when you have mascara, eyeliner etc. cause it will run.

I also did not read the ingredients before I bought it but I reread them and it has alcohol in it which is not ideal for acne prone skin.

Price is cheap especially compared to other brands but don't let the name mislead you, it won't keep you matte.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I live in a very hot, humid climate which tends to make my makeup very oily if I do not use some sort of a setting spray to set my face. I use it as a primer to prime my face before my foundation and I also set my face again once I’m done with my makeup. Ever since I tried this trick, my foundation doesn’t have a streaky or oily look to it. My face stays fresh all day with only a hint of oil on my nose which is amazing! I’ll use blotting sheets for my nose but overall, this spray does the heavy duty work of reducing the oil. It’s budget friendly which is awesome! You can’t beat the $8 price tag! I love the packaging which is very simple and sleek. In my opinion, this is the perfect dupe to Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray.

I haven't reviewed anything in a LONG time, but I was so thrilled with this product that I wanted to take a minute to praise it and tell you how I use it.

First, I have acne prone, combination skin. I have gotten most of my acne under control, but my T-zone is still extremely greasy/oily. Foundations always break down between by eyebrows and around my nose/chin no matter what their formulation is. I heard about this spray on YouTube- and decided to try. My application method made it work better for me.

This is going to sound weird, so bear with me- but I actually apply this product first to clean skin. Once it dries, I apply a very thin layer of a primer, then I apply my foundation with a damp sponge. Then, some powder on top to set it and another quick spray of this on top. I've been testing this for a week or so and my foundation has held up much better than usual and I don't look as powdery/dry. When I only apply it as a finishing spray, it doesn't work as well, so try my method! I'll have to revisit this review in the summertime, but so far so good.

The only thing I like about it is that it gets rid of the powdery look of my makeup instantly. It does nothing for making my makeup last, my makeup looks more matte and lasts longer without it. It causes the foundation around my nose to separate and look greasy.

Edit: I never throw anything out even if I don't like it, I'll just use it til it runs out and then never repurchase it again. With that being said, I continue to use the spray and I don't hate it as much as I did the first few times I used it. I don't notice any seperating on my nose anymore. How or why, I don't know but it doesn't do that anymore.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Works sooo much better than MUFE STEP 1 mattifying primer. I like the fact that I don’t need to blot my makeup. Just by spraying this on my face, Voila! My face is matte again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the better drugstore setting sprays that I've tried in a while. The Wet n Wild one didn't work well for my oily skin. It didn't make my makeup last any longer than it usually did. This NYX one has become my holy grail! It lasts the whole day and my skin looks so much better at the end of the day. This is $7, which I personally think is a little high for a drugstore setting spray. But I will continue to buy this if it keeps my makeup on though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the very rare products I used only about 10 times before I tossed it - I didn't manage to make it work for me whatsoever. I like may of the NYX products, but not this one. I bought this and a couple of other setting sprays, to pick one that would be suitable for my wedding. I live quite far up north, where it is relatively cold, humid and windy.

I don't remember the scent of this, but it did have some kind of scent to it, but no perfume. It said on the packaging to shake it well (which is very common for setting sprays), which I did, probably for a minute. Then I sprayed a couple of sprays into the air before testing this out on my makeup. I prefer setting sprays to come out in very fine mists, which this did not. I could see a lot of small drops on my face, which then transformed into small whitish dots. Not good.

Then was the longevity- and finish test. This did NOT make my makeup last longer - it made it go patchy faster. The finish wasn't matte either - I got oily quite fast (I have normal skin), and it felt tight - I could actually feel the setting spray on me face. This is often something that happens when a product dehydrates my skin. I tried to apply some powder in my t-zone, but it didn't manage to keep the shine away for long.

I tried this with several foundations: both liquid and powder, and both over and under makeup - I wasn't able to make it work in any of the ways I tried, plus, it gave me small bumps on my face. I'm not sure what my sensitive skin dislikes about this spray, but it was not for me. I much prefer the Urban Decay All Nighter, which keeps me matte and makes my makeup last longer, as promised. Maybe the NYX one would work better for someone who has skin that doesn't get dehydrated easily

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've used this so many times and I feel like it does absolutely nothing for me. I wanted to like it - it's reasonably cheap and NYX is a reasonably good brand. I'd much rather spend a bit extra on a product that actually works for my skin.