NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.6

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

So i read loads of reviews about this, I have dry skin but love at matte look because I tend to get oily towards the end of the day. I used this on dinner out, I put it on at 3 and took makeup off at 10. It didn't really do much it probably provided an extra hour, it wasn't matte at all though. S till looking for a setting spray, also I think You would run out quickly as I have only had it for a week and I have already used over half the bottle

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think NYX's matte setting spray is probably the best readily available setting spray in the drug store. It is affordable, and while the bottle is a little small, it does a very good job of setting makeup and making it last longer on my combo skin. I use moisturizer and other skincare products underneath my makeup so I don't find it terribly drying, but people with drier skin or people who don't moisturize under makeup might find this to be too drying. I also like a 50/50 mix of this and NYX's dewy setting spray in the cooler months when my skin does get a little more dry.

I love this setting spray! It left my skin feeling great, and it didn't smell horrible like other setting sprays I have tried.

This setting spray definitely makes a difference. It makes your makeup last all day, and you can feel it locking in your makeup. However it takes longer than I'd like to dry and also if you use too much your makeup might run or streak. For its price I would definitely buy it again, until I find something better.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like the matte one better than the dewy one, even though I have dry skin and are looking for that extra glow. I feel like the dewy one melts of all the makeup, whilst this one makes it stay in place. I dont know what ingredients really makes the difference, but if you were to buy one of them, i would buy this one. The smell is a little icky, but it goes away quite fast.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've tried this out for a long time before writing this review, just to be sure of what it does and how it prolongs my makeup. The answer, I found, is nothing, and it doesn't. Or to be fair, it does one thing, which is take away any powder-y look right after applying makeup, but that's about it. Also, my Lush toners does the same, sans alcohol and with beneficial ingredients. I see no difference whatsoever in how long my makeup stay fresh-looking, and I don't think it keeps me more matte either (I only have a somewhat oily t-zone). Alcohol comes second in the ingredient list, right after aqua, which I can't imagine does you or your skin any good. If it would've been an amazing setting spray I could've maybe lived with it, but as it (again) does virtually nothing, I don't want to put my skin through that unnecessary dose of alcohol. I'll probably use up the bottle, since I always want to avoid throwing stuff away for as long as I can, but I absolutely will not re-purchase.

Just no. I'm not difficult to please or a picky person, this product just straight - up does not work. I would have been better not using any spray. Used twice (maybe the first time was a fluke) and returned it.

I had high hopes as I love some other nyx products I've used, but after trying this and their concealer I'm just going to stick to their eye products from now on. Love the brow products and eyeshadows, this not so much. It didn't extend my makeup, in fact quite the opposite. Made it feel greasy and slide off. Did not have a matte finish or anywhere close.

This product is a cheap setting spray, and it only increases the staying power of your makeup by a few hours. Even if you set your face with powder, this product does not make a significant difference. I would definitely choose to invest in a more high quality setting spray because a nice spray makes all the difference. I would rather spend $30 on the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting spray than be constantly touching up my makeup throughout the day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was surprised by how much I liked this!

Let's start off by introducing my skin. I have pretty dry cheeks and oily nose and t-zone that tend to get oily throughout the day. I picked this up, taking the 'makes your skin matte!'-claim with a grain of sailt because honestly, I was just looking for a setting spray.

Tried it out the first time with no makeup, just to see how it would perform on my own skin and if it would keep oil under control. At the end of the day, my skin looked like I have put nothing on. I didn't notice a difference and was starting to regret my purchase.

The next day I tried it on with foundation. I use a powder foundation (Lucy Minerals, check it out, amazing stuff) and I used it after my moisturizer and primer, just as an extra base. When I started to apply my foundation, I noticed that it would seem ever so slightly less powdery (and it is not a powdery foundation to begin with so that was a surprise) because it now had a sticky base to adhere to. I added more layers and then also used the spray to set the entire face afterwards. It looked really nice and skin-like, no powder to be seen.

So far I liked it. I went on with my day, not paying attention to my makeup at all. Then I came home and expected to see an oil slick on my forehead just like I always have.

Nothing.

No oil whatsoever! And my makeup looked so fresh, just like I had just put it on!

I am really impressed so far. I have not found a powder/primer etcetera that does the same thing. Granted, my forehead it not the oiliest in the world so I'm not sure how it would perform on very oily ladies, but for me it worked out so well. I love that it makes my foundation last a lot longer. I do have to say that on my dry cheeks, it tends to feel a bit tight when I sprayed a lot. You know that face you make when you contour, where you move your mouth to one side of the face? When I do that, it tends to get a bit tight, but otherwise, it is comfortable.

I heard very mixed reviews about this. But if this didn't keep oil under control if you just used it to set the face, try to spray it on before you do your foundation and again after! I learned that trick from Leighannsays on Youtube and that she only liked it that way. Try it like that!

The only thing that I despise about this is the scent. Maybe other people aren't as bothered by it as I am, but I hate it. It smells a bit chemically, even though the ingredients in this are pretty good and not bad for you (it gets a 2 on EWG Skin Deep). But I'm willing to hold my breath for a couple of seconds if it means I get to be matte all day.

Other details: the sprayer is fine, it is not a super-super fine mist, but it's not like you're able to count to drops. I think it is nice honestly and I like that it comes with a cap. The bottle is a bit annoying though: because it is solid black, you're not able to see how much you still have so you kind of have to guess on the weight.

BOTTOM LINE:
Works best when you spray before AND after your foundation (for me), really keeps me matte and fresh all day that way and makes my foundation last. It feels a bit dry on my dry cheeks though. I wish the smell was better, but I'm willing to overlook it. All in all, a very nice product that I would definitely recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This setting spray is superb. Not only is it good value for money, it actually works! I apply it over my foundation, then again after I've added powder/blush etc and my make up lasts me a good 14 hours. Macs Prep and Prime spray turned me very oily after 1 hour and is double the price! The only negative is its often sold out on the UK website, so I order quite a few at a time.