NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.5

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

I wanted to like this so bad. I have an oily T-Zone. This was so disappointing. I use the MUFE setting spray and I love it but since its $40+CD, I was looking for a cheaper alternative.

Pros:
- It is very cheap and is definitely affordable
- The packaging is amazing. The bottle is light weight and great for carrying it around too
- The spray comes out evenly and the mist is very fine. Doesn't feel heavy.

Cons:
- Didn't keep my makeup matte at all.
- Spray turned whole face oily after an hour of applying it.
- You can feel your makeup turning into an extra layer after putting on the spray almost within a few minutes.
- It made the oily parts of my face extra oily and my foundation was runny in those areas.

This will not be repurchased. I doubt i will even finish my current bottle. Back to MUFE setting spray.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was pleasant surprise by this setting spray,did not expect much from it however it did give what it claimed, been using this setting spray for a while it does keep me matt for a good eight hours, good price point ,my only wish the spray was a finer mist have to be careful how it's sprayed to prevent droplets of white dots on the face but works well for my oily skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This spray is sort of in the middle for me, not game-changing but a bit more than average. (I would give about a 3.7/5) I have very oily skin so it doesn’t really keep me matte so I still have to blot after about 3 hours. I like this to get rid of powdery-ness on my face when I set foundation with powder. It has no scent which is awesome because I’ve used the Wet n Wild one and I hated the scent in that spray. Although it doesn’t keep me matte all day and I don’t particularly rely on spray for setting or longevity, it’s possible I just like this for the novelty of being able to spray something on my face. I would buy it again because there was nothing that I hated about it and it does make my face look smoother after using setting powder and it just feels refreshing.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This spray works okay as a setting spray. But it doesn't give a matte look for me. I can look matte once I've fininished my makeup, then spray this on and it will make me look less matte and then look less matte as time goes on. I will not rebuy this one.

This product is a cheap setting spray, and it only increases the staying power of your makeup by a few hours. Even if you set your face with powder, this product does not make a significant difference. I would definitely choose to invest in a more high quality setting spray because a nice spray makes all the difference. I would rather spend $30 on the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting spray than be constantly touching up my makeup throughout the day.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This didn't really mattify my face or did anything unique

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was surprised at how much I came to LOVE this product! I wasn't crazy about Urban Decays version, and ELF's version is nice too, but not matte enough.

Pros:
*Easy to apply....just a few spritzes and you're set!
*Doesn't irritate my skin.
* DOES help mattify my face. If I'm super oily, I'll apply a coat in between my bare Minerals and setting powder, and again after.
*Inexpensive! Seriously, this stuff is dirt cheap.

Cons:
I really can't think of any negatives. A solid product.

If you're looking to try an inexpensive makeup setting spray, this is a very good choice for the money.

Good product!! This is better than the elf setting spray. I am sure YMMV (& that more expensive sprays may be more effective! But don't kno from personal experience). I got mine at target & I've used half the bottle. It gets used up quickly. I do notice an improvement on the longevity of my makeup Although me and blotting papers have a very tight relationship coz I am an oil slick! I will apply this after I've applied all of my makeup in a liberal fashion. It smells a bit chemical but no big deal on the scent. I do want to replace it with a higher end setting spray next time if possible so I can compare it at least. YMMV!! But NYX has some really good affordable products. Good line!! Glad it's finally available at target not just Ulta's around here & 1 Meijer.