NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.8

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this spray because it is cheaper than the most popular setting sprays. At only $7.99 for a bottle, it is not a bad choice. I am not entirely sure that it makes my makeup last longer, particularly with the amount of primer I use. It feels nice on the face and it is not sticky. The one result I am certain of is that it works well for applying shimmery eye shadows. For this reason, and the price, I will definitely consider repurchasing the product.

So i read loads of reviews about this, I have dry skin but love at matte look because I tend to get oily towards the end of the day. I used this on dinner out, I put it on at 3 and took makeup off at 10. It didn't really do much it probably provided an extra hour, it wasn't matte at all though. S till looking for a setting spray, also I think You would run out quickly as I have only had it for a week and I have already used over half the bottle

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought my third bottle of this now and it is so good! My skin tends to react really weirdly to most foundations (I have dry skin, but whenever I wear makeup it becomes oily within a few hours) and when I spray my face with this after priming then follow with foundation, powder, and this again, my makeup lasts all day without budging.

I love this setting spray! It left my skin feeling great, and it didn't smell horrible like other setting sprays I have tried.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product did keep my face matte and made my makeup last a bit longer but I stopped using it as I'm having issues with my now super dry skin (My skin condition has nothing to do with this product). I recommend you cover your eyes while spraying this. (In case you're not wearing a waterproof mascara) Wet an eyeshadow sponge with this and dab it on your under eye area instead of spraying your whole face at once. It's super good and affordable :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like the matte one better than the dewy one, even though I have dry skin and are looking for that extra glow. I feel like the dewy one melts of all the makeup, whilst this one makes it stay in place. I dont know what ingredients really makes the difference, but if you were to buy one of them, i would buy this one. The smell is a little icky, but it goes away quite fast.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It works well for me! This spray does make a difference - I can notice it because I'm living in Thailand and, without a setting spray, the hot weather makes my make up smudge a lot more! However, next time I want to dry the "dewy" finish instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this product. As a makeup artist, this is a must have for your daily makeup routine. Spritz a little after your makeup is complete. Its stays put for hours. I use this on set and barely have to touch up. It also gives skin a more hydrated dewy look. Love love love!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was surprised by how much I liked this!

Let's start off by introducing my skin. I have pretty dry cheeks and oily nose and t-zone that tend to get oily throughout the day. I picked this up, taking the 'makes your skin matte!'-claim with a grain of sailt because honestly, I was just looking for a setting spray.

Tried it out the first time with no makeup, just to see how it would perform on my own skin and if it would keep oil under control. At the end of the day, my skin looked like I have put nothing on. I didn't notice a difference and was starting to regret my purchase.

The next day I tried it on with foundation. I use a powder foundation (Lucy Minerals, check it out, amazing stuff) and I used it after my moisturizer and primer, just as an extra base. When I started to apply my foundation, I noticed that it would seem ever so slightly less powdery (and it is not a powdery foundation to begin with so that was a surprise) because it now had a sticky base to adhere to. I added more layers and then also used the spray to set the entire face afterwards. It looked really nice and skin-like, no powder to be seen.

So far I liked it. I went on with my day, not paying attention to my makeup at all. Then I came home and expected to see an oil slick on my forehead just like I always have.

Nothing.

No oil whatsoever! And my makeup looked so fresh, just like I had just put it on!

I am really impressed so far. I have not found a powder/primer etcetera that does the same thing. Granted, my forehead it not the oiliest in the world so I'm not sure how it would perform on very oily ladies, but for me it worked out so well. I love that it makes my foundation last a lot longer. I do have to say that on my dry cheeks, it tends to feel a bit tight when I sprayed a lot. You know that face you make when you contour, where you move your mouth to one side of the face? When I do that, it tends to get a bit tight, but otherwise, it is comfortable.

I heard very mixed reviews about this. But if this didn't keep oil under control if you just used it to set the face, try to spray it on before you do your foundation and again after! I learned that trick from Leighannsays on Youtube and that she only liked it that way. Try it like that!

The only thing that I despise about this is the scent. Maybe other people aren't as bothered by it as I am, but I hate it. It smells a bit chemically, even though the ingredients in this are pretty good and not bad for you (it gets a 2 on EWG Skin Deep). But I'm willing to hold my breath for a couple of seconds if it means I get to be matte all day.

Other details: the sprayer is fine, it is not a super-super fine mist, but it's not like you're able to count to drops. I think it is nice honestly and I like that it comes with a cap. The bottle is a bit annoying though: because it is solid black, you're not able to see how much you still have so you kind of have to guess on the weight.

BOTTOM LINE:
Works best when you spray before AND after your foundation (for me), really keeps me matte and fresh all day that way and makes my foundation last. It feels a bit dry on my dry cheeks though. I wish the smell was better, but I'm willing to overlook it. All in all, a very nice product that I would definitely recommend!

This will make you look soooo dewy. Oily skin more than likely would hate this. Very very very dewy. But for me I love dewy looks and this is my HG.