NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.6

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

This is pretty good. It didn't create as matte a finish as I would have liked, but my makeup stayed on all day, even my pesky eyeliner (that really feels the need to travel anywhere but my eyes.) It did somewhat irritate my sensitive skin upon contact, but this didn't last.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this spray because it is cheaper than the most popular setting sprays. At only $7.99 for a bottle, it is not a bad choice. I am not entirely sure that it makes my makeup last longer, particularly with the amount of primer I use. It feels nice on the face and it is not sticky. The one result I am certain of is that it works well for applying shimmery eye shadows. For this reason, and the price, I will definitely consider repurchasing the product.

So i read loads of reviews about this, I have dry skin but love at matte look because I tend to get oily towards the end of the day. I used this on dinner out, I put it on at 3 and took makeup off at 10. It didn't really do much it probably provided an extra hour, it wasn't matte at all though. S till looking for a setting spray, also I think You would run out quickly as I have only had it for a week and I have already used over half the bottle

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the better drugstore setting sprays that I've tried in a while. The Wet n Wild one didn't work well for my oily skin. It didn't make my makeup last any longer than it usually did. This NYX one has become my holy grail! It lasts the whole day and my skin looks so much better at the end of the day. This is $7, which I personally think is a little high for a drugstore setting spray. But I will continue to buy this if it keeps my makeup on though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this was the first drugstore setting spray (really first setting spray) I ever tried, and it was so bad I didn't try another setting spray for a long time.

The first time I used this is did stop my face from being oily, but the matte look made my makeup look strange and unnatural. The chemical smell is off-putting. The second time I used this it was terrible, my makeup melted off my face, and I'm not sure what went wrong. The third and fourth time I used this it did nothing, but made my face look sticky/strange and smell bad.

Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Spray is excellent, I highly recommend it. It gives the matte finish, and makes makeup last longer than usual.

Wet n Wild Photofocus Setting Spray is my favorite. It makes makeup last, but gives a luminous finish. I love that I can have a dewy finish even with oily skin with this product.

Nice and affordable. Does well for a cheaper product. Will buy it till I can find something better in the same price range

I don't think it's the greatest setting spray ever...I much prefer wet n wild. This works good as a primer-helper. I spray over primer and my makeup clings better. It's good on super humid days where your face melts off before noon. It makes your skin a bit tacky so makeup sticks better. Used lightly it works wonders. As a setting spray it's just ok. It sets but not as well as wet n wild. It smells ok, doesn't break me out, and doesn't spray like a firehose. It's a nice spray that prob would work best on super dry skin. It's my number 2 fave spray after wet n wild

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought my third bottle of this now and it is so good! My skin tends to react really weirdly to most foundations (I have dry skin, but whenever I wear makeup it becomes oily within a few hours) and when I spray my face with this after priming then follow with foundation, powder, and this again, my makeup lasts all day without budging.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think NYX's matte setting spray is probably the best readily available setting spray in the drug store. It is affordable, and while the bottle is a little small, it does a very good job of setting makeup and making it last longer on my combo skin. I use moisturizer and other skincare products underneath my makeup so I don't find it terribly drying, but people with drier skin or people who don't moisturize under makeup might find this to be too drying. I also like a 50/50 mix of this and NYX's dewy setting spray in the cooler months when my skin does get a little more dry.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this setting spray! That being said it doesn't really keep me matte and I don't really notice a difference when I use it. I FEEL like it makes me look less powdery, so I do enjoy using it. I'm pretty sure its useless but it's still a really enjoyable part of my routine.

The mister is really nice, it doesn't smell bad (like the WnW photo focus) and it's affordable. I would repurchase!