NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

3.4

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

So i read loads of reviews about this, I have dry skin but love at matte look because I tend to get oily towards the end of the day. I used this on dinner out, I put it on at 3 and took makeup off at 10. It didn't really do much it probably provided an extra hour, it wasn't matte at all though. S till looking for a setting spray, also I think You would run out quickly as I have only had it for a week and I have already used over half the bottle

The only thing I like about it is that it gets rid of the powdery look of my makeup instantly. It does nothing for making my makeup last, my makeup looks more matte and lasts longer without it. It causes the foundation around my nose to separate and look greasy.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my fifth time buying this... and honestly its the best. i have oily skin, i know a lot of people are trying to find something that fully controls their oilness.. but honestly their is nothing you can do but minimize it and this setting spray does so, i find myself using the plotting paper once! another thing is if your make up looks cakey or a bit messy this setting spray fixes that! i love it

I am a bit surprised by the low rating for this product. For me it works quite well. It sets my make-up, creates a long lasting matte finish as promised. It is also absorbed quickly.

For the price, I'd say it goes beyond the expectations.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Works sooo much better than MUFE STEP 1 mattifying primer. I like the fact that I don’t need to blot my makeup. Just by spraying this on my face, Voila! My face is matte again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the better drugstore setting sprays that I've tried in a while. The Wet n Wild one didn't work well for my oily skin. It didn't make my makeup last any longer than it usually did. This NYX one has become my holy grail! It lasts the whole day and my skin looks so much better at the end of the day. This is $7, which I personally think is a little high for a drugstore setting spray. But I will continue to buy this if it keeps my makeup on though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the very rare products I used only about 10 times before I tossed it - I didn't manage to make it work for me whatsoever. I like may of the NYX products, but not this one. I bought this and a couple of other setting sprays, to pick one that would be suitable for my wedding. I live quite far up north, where it is relatively cold, humid and windy.

I don't remember the scent of this, but it did have some kind of scent to it, but no perfume. It said on the packaging to shake it well (which is very common for setting sprays), which I did, probably for a minute. Then I sprayed a couple of sprays into the air before testing this out on my makeup. I prefer setting sprays to come out in very fine mists, which this did not. I could see a lot of small drops on my face, which then transformed into small whitish dots. Not good.

Then was the longevity- and finish test. This did NOT make my makeup last longer - it made it go patchy faster. The finish wasn't matte either - I got oily quite fast (I have normal skin), and it felt tight - I could actually feel the setting spray on me face. This is often something that happens when a product dehydrates my skin. I tried to apply some powder in my t-zone, but it didn't manage to keep the shine away for long.

I tried this with several foundations: both liquid and powder, and both over and under makeup - I wasn't able to make it work in any of the ways I tried, plus, it gave me small bumps on my face. I'm not sure what my sensitive skin dislikes about this spray, but it was not for me. I much prefer the Urban Decay All Nighter, which keeps me matte and makes my makeup last longer, as promised. Maybe the NYX one would work better for someone who has skin that doesn't get dehydrated easily

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this regularly, it’s affordable and easy to pickup at the drugstore, the smell isn’t too harsh for me, although their is a scent, dries quickly and keeps me matte, this is my day to day setting spray

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this was the first drugstore setting spray (really first setting spray) I ever tried, and it was so bad I didn't try another setting spray for a long time.

The first time I used this is did stop my face from being oily, but the matte look made my makeup look strange and unnatural. The chemical smell is off-putting. The second time I used this it was terrible, my makeup melted off my face, and I'm not sure what went wrong. The third and fourth time I used this it did nothing, but made my face look sticky/strange and smell bad.

Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Spray is excellent, I highly recommend it. It gives the matte finish, and makes makeup last longer than usual.

Wet n Wild Photofocus Setting Spray is my favorite. It makes makeup last, but gives a luminous finish. I love that I can have a dewy finish even with oily skin with this product.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've used this so many times and I feel like it does absolutely nothing for me. I wanted to like it - it's reasonably cheap and NYX is a reasonably good brand. I'd much rather spend a bit extra on a product that actually works for my skin.