NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

3.4

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Works sooo much better than MUFE STEP 1 mattifying primer. I like the fact that I don’t need to blot my makeup. Just by spraying this on my face, Voila! My face is matte again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the better drugstore setting sprays that I've tried in a while. The Wet n Wild one didn't work well for my oily skin. It didn't make my makeup last any longer than it usually did. This NYX one has become my holy grail! It lasts the whole day and my skin looks so much better at the end of the day. This is $7, which I personally think is a little high for a drugstore setting spray. But I will continue to buy this if it keeps my makeup on though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the very rare products I used only about 10 times before I tossed it - I didn't manage to make it work for me whatsoever. I like may of the NYX products, but not this one. I bought this and a couple of other setting sprays, to pick one that would be suitable for my wedding. I live quite far up north, where it is relatively cold, humid and windy.

I don't remember the scent of this, but it did have some kind of scent to it, but no perfume. It said on the packaging to shake it well (which is very common for setting sprays), which I did, probably for a minute. Then I sprayed a couple of sprays into the air before testing this out on my makeup. I prefer setting sprays to come out in very fine mists, which this did not. I could see a lot of small drops on my face, which then transformed into small whitish dots. Not good.

Then was the longevity- and finish test. This did NOT make my makeup last longer - it made it go patchy faster. The finish wasn't matte either - I got oily quite fast (I have normal skin), and it felt tight - I could actually feel the setting spray on me face. This is often something that happens when a product dehydrates my skin. I tried to apply some powder in my t-zone, but it didn't manage to keep the shine away for long.

I tried this with several foundations: both liquid and powder, and both over and under makeup - I wasn't able to make it work in any of the ways I tried, plus, it gave me small bumps on my face. I'm not sure what my sensitive skin dislikes about this spray, but it was not for me. I much prefer the Urban Decay All Nighter, which keeps me matte and makes my makeup last longer, as promised. Maybe the NYX one would work better for someone who has skin that doesn't get dehydrated easily

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this was the first drugstore setting spray (really first setting spray) I ever tried, and it was so bad I didn't try another setting spray for a long time.

The first time I used this is did stop my face from being oily, but the matte look made my makeup look strange and unnatural. The chemical smell is off-putting. The second time I used this it was terrible, my makeup melted off my face, and I'm not sure what went wrong. The third and fourth time I used this it did nothing, but made my face look sticky/strange and smell bad.

Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Spray is excellent, I highly recommend it. It gives the matte finish, and makes makeup last longer than usual.

Wet n Wild Photofocus Setting Spray is my favorite. It makes makeup last, but gives a luminous finish. I love that I can have a dewy finish even with oily skin with this product.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've used this so many times and I feel like it does absolutely nothing for me. I wanted to like it - it's reasonably cheap and NYX is a reasonably good brand. I'd much rather spend a bit extra on a product that actually works for my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this regularly, it’s affordable and easy to pickup at the drugstore, the smell isn’t too harsh for me, although their is a scent, dries quickly and keeps me matte, this is my day to day setting spray

I don't think it's the greatest setting spray ever...I much prefer wet n wild. This works good as a primer-helper. I spray over primer and my makeup clings better. It's good on super humid days where your face melts off before noon. It makes your skin a bit tacky so makeup sticks better. Used lightly it works wonders. As a setting spray it's just ok. It sets but not as well as wet n wild. It smells ok, doesn't break me out, and doesn't spray like a firehose. It's a nice spray that prob would work best on super dry skin. It's my number 2 fave spray after wet n wild

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was pleasant surprise by this setting spray,did not expect much from it however it did give what it claimed, been using this setting spray for a while it does keep me matt for a good eight hours, good price point ,my only wish the spray was a finer mist have to be careful how it's sprayed to prevent droplets of white dots on the face but works well for my oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Works well, doesn't beat UD All Nighter but keeps my face on.

Nice and affordable. Does well for a cheaper product. Will buy it till I can find something better in the same price range