NYX Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

3.4

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately this was the first drugstore setting spray (really first setting spray) I ever tried, and it was so bad I didn't try another setting spray for a long time.

The first time I used this is did stop my face from being oily, but the matte look made my makeup look strange and unnatural. The chemical smell is off-putting. The second time I used this it was terrible, my makeup melted off my face, and I'm not sure what went wrong. The third and fourth time I used this it did nothing, but made my face look sticky/strange and smell bad.

Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Spray is excellent, I highly recommend it. It gives the matte finish, and makes makeup last longer than usual.

Wet n Wild Photofocus Setting Spray is my favorite. It makes makeup last, but gives a luminous finish. I love that I can have a dewy finish even with oily skin with this product.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've used this so many times and I feel like it does absolutely nothing for me. I wanted to like it - it's reasonably cheap and NYX is a reasonably good brand. I'd much rather spend a bit extra on a product that actually works for my skin.

Nice and affordable. Does well for a cheaper product. Will buy it till I can find something better in the same price range

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Works well, doesn't beat UD All Nighter but keeps my face on.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was pleasant surprise by this setting spray,did not expect much from it however it did give what it claimed, been using this setting spray for a while it does keep me matt for a good eight hours, good price point ,my only wish the spray was a finer mist have to be careful how it's sprayed to prevent droplets of white dots on the face but works well for my oily skin.

I don't think it's the greatest setting spray ever...I much prefer wet n wild. This works good as a primer-helper. I spray over primer and my makeup clings better. It's good on super humid days where your face melts off before noon. It makes your skin a bit tacky so makeup sticks better. Used lightly it works wonders. As a setting spray it's just ok. It sets but not as well as wet n wild. It smells ok, doesn't break me out, and doesn't spray like a firehose. It's a nice spray that prob would work best on super dry skin. It's my number 2 fave spray after wet n wild

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I don't have severely oily skin, but maybe an hour after applying this spray my face was already a little bit oily. It didn't keep me matte at all.

However, it does minimize the cakey look after applying powder, and does not aggravate my sensitive skin. There are definitely better drugstore setting sprays.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've bought my third bottle of this now and it is so good! My skin tends to react really weirdly to most foundations (I have dry skin, but whenever I wear makeup it becomes oily within a few hours) and when I spray my face with this after priming then follow with foundation, powder, and this again, my makeup lasts all day without budging.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Makes your face just wet

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think NYX's matte setting spray is probably the best readily available setting spray in the drug store. It is affordable, and while the bottle is a little small, it does a very good job of setting makeup and making it last longer on my combo skin. I use moisturizer and other skincare products underneath my makeup so I don't find it terribly drying, but people with drier skin or people who don't moisturize under makeup might find this to be too drying. I also like a 50/50 mix of this and NYX's dewy setting spray in the cooler months when my skin does get a little more dry.