NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

3.4

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

This is my 3rd time purchasing this product and I'm a bit surprised by the low rating for this product. For me it works quite well. It sets my make-up.I don't think it mattes my face, but it keeps my make up from moving throughout the day. It is also absorbed quickly. For the price, I'd say it does a good job, comparable to MAC fix plus and Urban Decay All Nighter. Thanks for reading!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I don’t usually write reviews but have to say that I am now in love with this setting spray. I tried using the spray before and after the makeup (also use the powder before foundation technique) and my face will still be very oily after 3-4 hours - I would need to touch up throughout the day

Recently I have been spraying my beauty blenders with the nyx setting spray when applying makeup then once my makeup is complete spray a mist on my face and this has worked wonders - It takes longer for me to get shiny and only need to touch up once throughout the day so giving this a rating of 4.

I wanted to like this so bad. I have an oily T-Zone. This was so disappointing. I use the MUFE setting spray and I love it but since its $40+CD, I was looking for a cheaper alternative.

Pros:
- It is very cheap and is definitely affordable
- The packaging is amazing. The bottle is light weight and great for carrying it around too
- The spray comes out evenly and the mist is very fine. Doesn't feel heavy.

Cons:
- Didn't keep my makeup matte at all.
- Spray turned whole face oily after an hour of applying it.
- You can feel your makeup turning into an extra layer after putting on the spray almost within a few minutes.
- It made the oily parts of my face extra oily and my foundation was runny in those areas.

This will not be repurchased. I doubt i will even finish my current bottle. Back to MUFE setting spray.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Skin: acne prone, sensitive, oily

The spray does not keep you matte, but it does prevent your makeup from 'breaking apart' but it does not keep you matte. I guess the name misled me cause it does not keep you matte, I think it just means when you spray it and it dries it'll look matte, not that it'll keep you matte. So the 'setting spray' aspect works (I only wear foundation though, light layer, no contour or anything) but the 'matte' aspect is questionable.

I remember the first time I tried it I found the smell so strong and unpleasant. For makeup beginners, do not spray this when you have mascara, eyeliner etc. cause it will run.

I also did not read the ingredients before I bought it but I reread them and it has alcohol in it which is not ideal for acne prone skin.

Price is cheap especially compared to other brands but don't let the name mislead you, it won't keep you matte.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I live in a very hot, humid climate which tends to make my makeup very oily if I do not use some sort of a setting spray to set my face. I use it as a primer to prime my face before my foundation and I also set my face again once I’m done with my makeup. Ever since I tried this trick, my foundation doesn’t have a streaky or oily look to it. My face stays fresh all day with only a hint of oil on my nose which is amazing! I’ll use blotting sheets for my nose but overall, this spray does the heavy duty work of reducing the oil. It’s budget friendly which is awesome! You can’t beat the $8 price tag! I love the packaging which is very simple and sleek. In my opinion, this is the perfect dupe to Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray.

I haven't reviewed anything in a LONG time, but I was so thrilled with this product that I wanted to take a minute to praise it and tell you how I use it.

First, I have acne prone, combination skin. I have gotten most of my acne under control, but my T-zone is still extremely greasy/oily. Foundations always break down between by eyebrows and around my nose/chin no matter what their formulation is. I heard about this spray on YouTube- and decided to try. My application method made it work better for me.

This is going to sound weird, so bear with me- but I actually apply this product first to clean skin. Once it dries, I apply a very thin layer of a primer, then I apply my foundation with a damp sponge. Then, some powder on top to set it and another quick spray of this on top. I've been testing this for a week or so and my foundation has held up much better than usual and I don't look as powdery/dry. When I only apply it as a finishing spray, it doesn't work as well, so try my method! I'll have to revisit this review in the summertime, but so far so good.

So i read loads of reviews about this, I have dry skin but love at matte look because I tend to get oily towards the end of the day. I used this on dinner out, I put it on at 3 and took makeup off at 10. It didn't really do much it probably provided an extra hour, it wasn't matte at all though. S till looking for a setting spray, also I think You would run out quickly as I have only had it for a week and I have already used over half the bottle

The only thing I like about it is that it gets rid of the powdery look of my makeup instantly. It does nothing for making my makeup last, my makeup looks more matte and lasts longer without it. It causes the foundation around my nose to separate and look greasy.

Edit: I never throw anything out even if I don't like it, I'll just use it til it runs out and then never repurchase it again. With that being said, I continue to use the spray and I don't hate it as much as I did the first few times I used it. I don't notice any seperating on my nose anymore. How or why, I don't know but it doesn't do that anymore.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my fifth time buying this... and honestly its the best. i have oily skin, i know a lot of people are trying to find something that fully controls their oilness.. but honestly their is nothing you can do but minimize it and this setting spray does so, i find myself using the plotting paper once! another thing is if your make up looks cakey or a bit messy this setting spray fixes that! i love it

I am a bit surprised by the low rating for this product. For me it works quite well. It sets my make-up, creates a long lasting matte finish as promised. It is also absorbed quickly.

For the price, I'd say it goes beyond the expectations.