NYX Professional Makeup Makeup Setting Spray - Matte Finish

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.1

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

For the people said this is a great mattifying setting spray, y'all are liars! I've even heard some compare it to the UD setting sprays...I don't notice any difference in my makeup's longevity at all. It does not prolong how long my face stays matte either. I would say it's useless but I managed to find a use for it and that's for wetting my makeup brushes for better pigmentation in lower quality eyeshadows. This is not a product I'd recommend to anybody, especially for those with oilier skin.

I wanted to like this so bad. I have an oily T-Zone. This was so disappointing. I use the MUFE setting spray and I love it but since its $40+CD, I was looking for a cheaper alternative.

Pros:
- It is very cheap and is definitely affordable
- The packaging is amazing. The bottle is light weight and great for carrying it around too
- The spray comes out evenly and the mist is very fine. Doesn't feel heavy.

Cons:
- Didn't keep my makeup matte at all.
- Spray turned whole face oily after an hour of applying it.
- You can feel your makeup turning into an extra layer after putting on the spray almost within a few minutes.
- It made the oily parts of my face extra oily and my foundation was runny in those areas.

This will not be repurchased. I doubt i will even finish my current bottle. Back to MUFE setting spray.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my fifth time buying this... and honestly its the best. i have oily skin, i know a lot of people are trying to find something that fully controls their oilness.. but honestly their is nothing you can do but minimize it and this setting spray does so, i find myself using the plotting paper once! another thing is if your make up looks cakey or a bit messy this setting spray fixes that! i love it

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've used this so many times and I feel like it does absolutely nothing for me. I wanted to like it - it's reasonably cheap and NYX is a reasonably good brand. I'd much rather spend a bit extra on a product that actually works for my skin.

Nice and affordable. Does well for a cheaper product. Will buy it till I can find something better in the same price range

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to like this but instead of making my face look matte it made it look powdery no matter what I was spraying it over. I even tried it on bare skin

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Has a lovely mist on it but still finding it hard to tell if it actually is doing anything for my makeup/skin in comparison to some of my other sprays. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This spray is sort of in the middle for me, not game-changing but a bit more than average. (I would give about a 3.7/5) I have very oily skin so it doesn’t really keep me matte so I still have to blot after about 3 hours. I like this to get rid of powdery-ness on my face when I set foundation with powder. It has no scent which is awesome because I’ve used the Wet n Wild one and I hated the scent in that spray. Although it doesn’t keep me matte all day and I don’t particularly rely on spray for setting or longevity, it’s possible I just like this for the novelty of being able to spray something on my face. I would buy it again because there was nothing that I hated about it and it does make my face look smoother after using setting powder and it just feels refreshing.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This spray works okay as a setting spray. But it doesn't give a matte look for me. I can look matte once I've fininished my makeup, then spray this on and it will make me look less matte and then look less matte as time goes on. I will not rebuy this one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Amazing, works well. Nice finish to my makeup. Spraying too much will wet your face but it will dry quick