e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio HD Mattifying Cream Foundation

e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio HD Mattifying Cream Foundation
Studio HD Mattifying Cream FoundationStudio HD Mattifying Cream FoundationStudio HD Mattifying Cream Foundatione.l.f studio HD mattifying cream

3.3

Isononyl Isononanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Mica, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve)May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This product is everything but mattifying, has good coverage but is not easily spreadable, feels heavy on skin and looks so oily it's gross. It clogged my pores and my sister's too. Acne prone skinned girls beware. Packaging is nice though.

on 10/23/2017 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very good coverage with this one. Might be a dupe for the Cover Fx Cream Foundation. A tad greasy like others have mentioned. Not mattifying at all. However if you set this with a powder it can stay matte. I buff this in with a real techniques expert face brush and then pounce a damp beauty sponge just to make sure there are no brush streaks. It wears well but can accentuate lines if you have any.

on 10/13/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product (Sand) is the best thing that has ever happened to me! Most foundations that I have tried look too pink or cakey on me. Not this one! My skin looks like my skin but with fewer imperfections. I like a sheer coverage but it is definitely build-able for those of you who want a flawless look.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Ok, here's the thing about this foundation: it's absolutely perfect for the right person, and that person is probably not someone who wants a super matte finish, so I wish they would remove that word from the marketing because it's an awesome product. I absolutely love the finish of this because I hate a "powdery" look, and love lightweight coverage. I've seen the MAC comparisons and as someone who worked there for a few years, I can tell you this: it's an almost PERFECT dupe for old school Mineralize compact foundation. It looks and applies exactly the same. Slap some Skinfinish on the t-zone and this is perfect to me. If you prefer prolongwear or studio tech this might not be your thing.

My only wish would be a lighter color. I'd be NC 5 if they made that in anything besides select sheer powder and so I need to use my white concealer with this for color. The texture by itself makes that worth it for me though.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I always keep on of these on hand in my locker at work! It's cheap, easy to blend, wears nice. If I'm dry it really accentuates my dry patches.

I have porcelain and it's very yellow based but blends out nicely. I prefer applying with a beauty blender rather than the sponge that comes with it. I think the sponge smells a little funny. It isn't super mattifying, by the end of the day I'm a little shiney but not super greasy. It does last all day.

But how can you knock it when it's so cheap??

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Comparable to the MAC studio compact foundation I used to own, except this is a fraction of the price and a lot easier to blend. It's not bad for oily skin but I wouldn't call it mattifying- their acne fighting foundation is more mattifying. But I've bought two or three so far and I'm happy. For reference I wear NW35 in Mac and buy buff.

on 11/21/2015 10:14:00 PM

Price: At 6 dollars it's a pretty low price.

Packaging: Decent. Comparable to NYX in quality.

Product: It definitely is mattifying. A little bit goes a long way!!! It is very easy to make urself look cakey with this so use it sparingly. I use a larger flat top buffing brush like the ELF POWDER BRUSH which I own several of and keep repurchasing. I used the Sonia Kashuk Multi Purpose flat top brush (which iI also own several of) but I accidentally went heavy handed with the product. Trust me, even if you don't see any product on the brush.... ITS THERE!!!!! So far, I like it. I put it on at about 10am this morning and it is now 9pm (long day at work) and it's still truckin!!!! No slide off, no oxidation, no patchiness. So far my skin still looks smooth and even.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been eyeing this foundation from Elf for a long time. Once I got my hands on it, I found that Sand would be an amazing match for my NC40 skin. It seems to match NC20-NC25 skinned girls from the reviews I read. It's got a yellow tone to it, and it comes with a flat round sponge applicator. I'm so in love with the sleek packaging, and the large mirror. I apply this cream foundation with the sponge or with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Once in a while I use my clean fingers to touch up. I found that using the brush and coating the brush with the foundation would give me more coverage, but it tends to give me a greasy look. It also transfers on my phone when I make a call. You definitely have to set the foundation with powder. I use Mac Studio Fix+foundation. Also, make sure to apply a good primer. I use the Maybelline Studio primer under this. Use this cream foundation SPARINGLY. A little really goes a long way! :) I also tried the foundation in "buff" and it was a hair too dark for me. However, once I blended it into my skin, it matched pretty well. This cream foundation is worth a try; even if you have oily skin or an oily tzone like I do.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This product is not good. It doesn't mattify like it claims. It just leaves an oily layer on your face. And the shade was not "porcelain" like it said.

on 3/21/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this foundation. If you use the right tools (like a round top kabuki brush) you can get a pretty good medium to full coverage, yet if you use the sponge provided I would say it's a pretty light coverage unless you cake it on. One con for me would be that it is not matte like it claims to be, it has more of a satin finish so I would not recommend this foundation for very oily skin. Other than that you can't beat how good this product truly is, especially for the price :)