FingerPaints Gel Polish

3.9

on 7/26/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Got the starter kid with the top, base, bonder, cuticle oil, acetone (Gel polish remover) and cleanser (alcohol) and a colour. I'm not very impressed. I get tip wear just hours after doing my nails, and peeling usually within 12 hours. On top of it, within the first day, the polish shrinks away from all the edges of the nail (even when using thin coats and capping the tips). It's usually a fight to get regular polish to stay on my nails more than a couple days (I'm almost positive I have oily nail beds), so I thought gel would be a good solution, but it actually lasts for less time than regular polish. The only real pro to this polish is the price, which is a couple dollars less than most other gel polish brands. I'm going to try some other ones next, because being cheap is no good if it doesn't work.

Love the product. I got the starter kit for Christmas and one colour polish. I wish the handle was wasn't just shrink wrapped w/ the colour b/c if you end up w/ a large enough collection you always have to read the bottom of the bottle to see what colour you have.
I just put it on yesterday for the first time, but so far so good. Looks just like it was done professionally in my opinion.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/17/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The makers of this nail polish are criminals! I've used the orange gel finger paint color 2 or 3 times and forgot until now why I hadn't used it. Put 2 smooth thin layers on in the middle of nails (I did a candy corn design) and the usual 2 coats of gel top coat - a Different brand. That was 2 days ago - today, took a fairly long shower - not a hot one, since this is the deep hot humid south in October even. Didn't notice until after I got out that just about every single nail not only peeling occurred but one nail is Completely void of polish except a big dot! This is the biggest rip off gel polish ever! DO NOT BUY!!! Greedy, rip off Bast***s!! They sell their gel polish maybe $1 or $2 dollars cheaper than say Gelish just to entice you. Don't. Do. It.

on 7/12/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would really like a "Maybe" option for repurchasing. They're not my favorite, but if I see something fabulous on clearance BOGO, I'll bite.

I have three FP gels- Good Golly Miss Holly, a dark green just on the green side of teal green, with a ton of shimmer, Midnight Flash, a flakie topper with blue and green flash, and Lunar Flare, a flakie topper that has both the blue and the orange/gold flakies.

All were purchased on clearance.

I love the two flakie toppers, they had a pretty good amount of glitter and were fairly well behaved. I did have a few flakes/shards that needed to be smooshed before curing, but nothing on the level of a real shard where there are bits sticking up all over the place. I am still growing out damage from my first forays in gel removal, so they may have been lifted by a bit of nail.

Good Golly Miss Holly was much more problematic, but I think I didn't cure it long enough. I'm sure I heard dark colors may need more time somewhere along the way, but it hadn't really taken root when I tried it. It also didn't last well, but that could have been the less-than-great cure. And it stained when it came off. I don't know whether the problems were me or the polish, but I would recommend it for advanced gel users only. It was very nearly a one-coater though, which is pretty unheard of for me with gels- I usually need at least 3.

Now, packaging- I HATE the shrink wrapped handles! I can never tell if the lid is on tight enough, so I do take them off, which means I have to search by the bottom of the bottle. Not a big deal when you have 3, but that's going to get super old if I really develop a huge stash (which I'm trying not to do, but I can't say it's going very well).

I have tried many different gel polish brands. I love the FingerPaints! it is a good price especially when they go on sale. My polish lasted 3 weeks without chipping!

on 11/9/2013 10:57:00 AM

My wonderful co-worker gave me a gift certificate for a gel manicure at the local salon for last year's Christmas present. My nails had been getting worse due to a thyroid condition, peeling, ridges, brittle... The gel manicure lasted over two weeks, I was amazed! However, the salon is expensive, so I purchased the Sensational gel kit at Wal-Mart.

Sensational is OK, but the Fingerpaints products are much, much better. The product is much easier to remove than Sensational (which is a pain to take off) and the top coat is a lot thicker and shinier. I also do my Mother's nails (she has a thyroid condition and the same problem nails I do) and she is thrilled with the 'Art you sure?' shade, which is a rich raspberry with a slight sparkle. I currently have on the 'Jacqu-Art' shade, which I am very happy with. It is a gray/taupe color that goes well with everything, Chameleon-like it takes on a gray tone when you wear gray, or brown when you have on brown. It is perfect for work.

I plan on purchasing only the Fingerpaints brand from now on, as the products are so much better, and no more expensive than the Sensational.

on 8/30/2013 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So... I am a gel polish addict. I started getting gel manicures done at a salon, but after realizing how much money I was spending, I decided to get my own at-home kit. I ended up getting the Red Carpet Manicure kit at Ulta (I had a gift card from Christmas), but I absolutely hate all of their colors! I've browsed and re-browsed their selection a dozen times, and I've never found one I wanted to purchase. I only ever used the one that came in the kit once.

Soon after I made a trip to Sally's, and I noticed how pretty the color selection was in the Gelish brand, so I bought that system as well. However, the top and base coats were awful! Too soft and sticky, not consistent, peeled off in days, etc.

So I began using the Red Carpet base and top coats with Gelish polishes. I loved the Gelish colors, but I hated the application and consistency of their gel polishes (they will "wrinkle up" upon curing sometimes -- depends on the color). But it was the only option I had if I wanted a color I liked, so I just kept using one tried-and-true Gelish shade for every manicure... and I was getting pretty bored with only one color. Pretty discouraging.

But then... FingerPaints Gel Polishes came into my life! When I walked into Sally's and saw the brand new display, I immediately purchased the colors below (which by the way are FULL sized bottles, not those mini bottles the other brands come in):

'"Gesso You Know" = a loud hot pink/magenta creme color
"Paint Me Oh So Modern" = sort of a seafoam green creme color
"Jacqu-Art" = that currently trendy light brown / taupe creme color

I have not yet purchased the FingerPaints base coat or top coat, but all three colors applied beautifully with the Red Carpet Manicure base and top coat. Now THIS is what I was expecting when I started doing my own gel manicures! The gel color was just the right consistency, not too thin, not too thick, self-leveling, bright pigmentation, etc. I could have perfect application in only two coats, which never ever happened with the Red Carpet or Gelish colors. Oh and when used with the FingerPaints Soak-Off Gel Polish Chip-Free Bonder, these really and truly lasted a full 2 weeks with absolutely no chipping or peeling. I would literally get sick of the color before they looked like they were getting old or worn.

The only issue I have with these is that a lot of the colors are shimmery, which I personally don't like. But the creme colors are dreamy. I have yet to try any of the glitter colors, but I will in the future. As I said, I cannot attest the quality of the FingerPaints base and top coats, but I heartily recommend the gel polish colors that I've tried!

Popular Polishes