TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this Gentle version exfoliator! This is NOT America's love for all things strong and harsh in exfoliating. If you're looking for that look elsewhere. Lol! (I would love to use Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel, as I love so many of her products that I benefit greatly from at VERY affordable prices, but even that's too high for me as a leave on. I also love the fact that Tatcha's Rice Enzyme Powder's are fragrance free like Paula's Choice.)

This is formulated for EVERYDAY use and thus made to be gentle. I'm putting this review in the Classic section as I feel it applies similarly to both. The results are meant to be observed over time. And believe me it does. Lol! This is the Geisha's equivalent to a DAILY and gentle spa type treatment. I love it's gentle effectiveness. I use it actually every other day as my skin is SUPER DUPER sensitive and leave it on for a minute after softly rubbing it over my face. I wet my skin first and with slightly wet hands pour a dime size amount and just apply. The water on my face turns it into a lovely creamy consistency where I just let the rice, papain and licorice root do the work for me. Soothing and lovely! I've noticed my skin is much smoother, brighter, more even toned, pores smaller ~ YES! ~ and that horrible acne cyst I had on my cheek is finally going down and healing! Every two weeks I then use Vasanti's BrightenUp! with its Microderm Crystals at 25% to polish my skin and take out any crepiness or my Foreo Luna. Works like a charm! But for every other day use this is it! This routine is my Grail! I've even tried to go cheap trying to save money by using the whole oatmeal mask thing and let me tell you, I will NEVA do that again as it nearly gave me cystic acne all over my face to my horror!! It's worth spending the money on elegantly historically researched products. Thank you Geisha's! Thank you Tatcha!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am on the fence about this product. Even though I sampled via the tiny satchels before purchasing the full sized products.

1. It does get my combination but going dry skin clean.
2. Leaves a very matte feeling to my skin. Hard to describe it any other way.
3. It is fine milled powder so not at all scratchy.
4. The jar comes with a clever cap which has a slide tab that exposes a tiny hole when pushed aside. This way there is no fiddle spoon and scooping required or accidentally spilling lots of product.
5. The powder has no perfume/chemical smell. Being a chemical sensitive gal this is ideal.
6. The only qualms is the price. I know...I know this is a high end product, but there are plenty of Japanese brands that do the same thing. Some of which have more natural ingredients for a lot less than Tatcha is charging which leads me to believe that I could possibly be forking out for the fancy packaging. Maybe if Tatcha made this a refillable jar it would be more eco friendly as well as good for my skin. One last thing...
7. It did not break me out AT ALL.