Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

4.3

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

When I’m flying and don’t want to travel with liquids I ensure I have Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder in my bag. As the product name states, this is a powder to which you add water, then lather. The container has a small opening that is covered by a little retactable tab, so it doesn’t spill all over the place when you pour a small amount into the palm of your hand. It works best with a wet face and wet hands, to lather well. A little goes a long way and it removes my makeup easily leaving my skin soft. I have rosacea, eczema and all around sensitive skin. I have no issues, it doesn’t strip my skin of oils nor does it irritate my sensitive skin. My only gripe is that it’s so expensive. I truly find this a very good cleanser and if the price doesn’t deter you I recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This rice powder enzyme skin cleanser seems to be a combo of powdered wash with an exfoliator.

It contains rice bran, a known skin improver: the rice bran is a gentle scrub, the oil in rice bran is compatible with skin. The papaya extract is an enzyme that breaks down proteins so removes a very slight layer of top epidermis dead skin cells by breaking down keratin or at least loosening the scales for washing away.

The container is not only elegant, it keeps the product dry. A double layer glass jar has an inner lid with a sliding opener that allows you to dispense a small amount. You don't need much. Wet hands, pour on, bring up into a slurry and rub for a minute or two on a wet face after cleansing. Oil cleansing works well for this.

Would I rebuy? Yes. I already did. It makes my over 60 skin look really radiant.

(Papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (Pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 3/24/2015 4:05:00 PM

I got a sample packet from Sephora so I only have one use to comment on. I was looking for an alternative to AmorePacific's Enzyme Peel, which I have been using for a really long time. It is expensive, which I would deal with, but I think my skin my skin may be used to it, so I need a change. This starts out as a powder, like the AP, but isn't as fine. It also smells strange, like rice. It seems to work pretty well, but then I saw that it costs more--$65 for 2.1 oz. versus $60 for 2.25 oz. I purchased Boscia Tsubaki Oil Infused Exfoliating Powder ($36 for 2.11 oz.) but haven't used that yet, and if that doesn't work out, another similar product is Nude Skincare Detox Brightening Fizzy powder, $42 for 2 oz., which I also tried a sample of, and it is much better than Tatcha's version.

EDIT 6/29/17: I bought a full-size of this. It exfoliates well, very gently, but I think my prior three star rating is accurate. First, the way you open it is you screw the top off, and push the slide back to expose a circular opening. I use about a dime sized portion, and every time I pour it, it makes me cough. A little disconcerting. As soon as I'm finished with the jar I will be returning to Amore Pacific's version. Less money and a much better product.

on 10/16/2013 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had been lusting after this Tatcha set for a while, so when it was finally offered on QVC with auto-shipment & easy pay I immediately ordered. The enzyme powder is to be used with a wet face and wet hands, it foams into a luxuriously rich lather. My creams/serums went on so much more smoothly. I normally use the enzyme powder as my morning "cleanser" but you can use it whenever you please. It can even be used at night following the camellia oil for the complete Tatcha experience! My extremely sensitive, rosacea prone skin doesn't feel the least bit irritated or dry. As long as I can continue to afford Tatcha I'll never be without it!!!

***Update*** April 2014
I'm still LOVING my Tatcha set of camellia oil and the enzyme powder. I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of their new Firming Hydration Serum that contains a rare algae that's only located in a lagoon off Okinawa Japan. The Tatcha website has it listed as being available next month (May) but it's already being offered on QVC and sold out twice already in March.

Video Reviews & Tutorials