Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

3.7

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/2/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a generous travel size (retails $15) of this when I ordered the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist and Camilla Oil. I was not impressed. At all.

I'm not even gonna get into my usual long winded style of reviewing here - this is just a gimmicky cleanser much like DHC's powder cleanser but at a higher price. Actually I like the DHC version much more than this when it comes to effectiveness; Tatcha's version didn't do much and my face didn't feel clean or exfoliated. To be even more specific, one morning I tried the sample of Tatcha's Indigo face cream and couldn't stand how greasy it was so I used this to wash it off - NOPE! The rice powder cleanser didn't even remove that. I feel like with this stuff you are paying for packaging and not quality product.

A full size of this is $65.00 and it is so not worth it. In fact, you could just buy a jar of Pearl Powder for like $40 bux and a bag of Bob's red mill rice powder for $3 bux, make your own concoction and I am pretty sure you would end up with a much more efficient cleanser. Meh, this is just another over-hyped waste of money.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am on the fence about this product. Even though I sampled via the tiny satchels before purchasing the full sized products.

1. It does get my combination but going dry skin clean.
2. Leaves a very matte feeling to my skin. Hard to describe it any other way.
3. It is fine milled powder so not at all scratchy.
4. The jar comes with a clever cap which has a slide tab that exposes a tiny hole when pushed aside. This way there is no fiddle spoon and scooping required or accidentally spilling lots of product.
5. The powder has no perfume/chemical smell. Being a chemical sensitive gal this is ideal.
6. The only qualms is the price. I know...I know this is a high end product, but there are plenty of Japanese brands that do the same thing. Some of which have more natural ingredients for a lot less than Tatcha is charging which leads me to believe that I could possibly be forking out for the fancy packaging. Maybe if Tatcha made this a refillable jar it would be more eco friendly as well as good for my skin. One last thing...
7. It did not break me out AT ALL.

on 10/16/2013 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had been lusting after this Tatcha set for a while, so when it was finally offered on QVC with auto-shipment & easy pay I immediately ordered. The enzyme powder is to be used with a wet face and wet hands, it foams into a luxuriously rich lather. My creams/serums went on so much more smoothly. I normally use the enzyme powder as my morning "cleanser" but you can use it whenever you please. It can even be used at night following the camellia oil for the complete Tatcha experience! My extremely sensitive, rosacea prone skin doesn't feel the least bit irritated or dry. As long as I can continue to afford Tatcha I'll never be without it!!!

***Update*** April 2014
I'm still LOVING my Tatcha set of camellia oil and the enzyme powder. I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of their new Firming Hydration Serum that contains a rare algae that's only located in a lagoon off Okinawa Japan. The Tatcha website has it listed as being available next month (May) but it's already being offered on QVC and sold out twice already in March.

Video Reviews & Tutorials