Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

4.3

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

I haven't tried enzyme cleansers yet so this is my first one. It's fab!!! I have the gentle version for dry skin. I love that it cleanses and exfoliates gently, without any irritation. After cleansing, my skin is baby soft and not even a little red or inflamed. I'm crazy about this cleanser! I'd love to compare it to a Korean enzyme cleanser and see if the Kbeauty one can compare bc the cost of this is insane. Tatcha def has a great product but the price is scary.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

When I’m flying and don’t want to travel with liquids I ensure I have Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder in my bag. As the product name states, this is a powder to which you add water, then lather. The container has a small opening that is covered by a little retactable tab, so it doesn’t spill all over the place when you pour a small amount into the palm of your hand. It works best with a wet face and wet hands, to lather well. A little goes a long way and it removes my makeup easily leaving my skin soft. I have rosacea, eczema and all around sensitive skin. I have no issues, it doesn’t strip my skin of oils nor does it irritate my sensitive skin. My only gripe is that it’s so expensive. I truly find this a very good cleanser and if the price doesn’t deter you I recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore the little shaker that this rice enzyme powder is packaged in. I've bought two of the minis from Sephora. I use this after I was my face, and use about half of the recommended amount on damp skin. I find this to be very gentle, and it doesn't irritate my rosacea at all. I use it about twice a week. I still use an enzyme mask every other week for deeper exfoliation. I do feel it is pricey for the small amount you get. Until I find something I like better, I will keep using this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is surprisingly effective for such a gentle scrub. The first time I used it (about 2 weeks ago), I really wasn't expecting anything in the way of noticeable results simply because it was so non-abrasive. But my skin feels so smooth and nice after I use this and there is no redness or irritation. I have used Demalogica's Daily Microfoliant for a few years and I would put this Rice Enzyme Powder in the same category - a product I really do not want to be without. It's a toss-up as to which I like better but this is a really lovely product and it's not scented or perfumed. In fact, it has an almost "grain-like" smell, which isn't surprising since its main ingredient is rice bran.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This rice powder enzyme skin cleanser seems to be a combo of powdered wash with an exfoliator.

It contains rice bran, a known skin improver: the rice bran is a gentle scrub, the oil in rice bran is compatible with skin. The papaya extract is an enzyme that breaks down proteins so removes a very slight layer of top epidermis dead skin cells by breaking down keratin or at least loosening the scales for washing away.

The container is not only elegant, it keeps the product dry. A double layer glass jar has an inner lid with a sliding opener that allows you to dispense a small amount. You don't need much. Wet hands, pour on, bring up into a slurry and rub for a minute or two on a wet face after cleansing. Oil cleansing works well for this.

Would I rebuy? Yes. I already did. It makes my over 60 skin look really radiant.

(Papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (Pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

\

I was really excited to try this out - the packaging is beautiful and I haven't really used a powder cleanser before. I was really underwhelmed. It didn't hurt my skin, but it didn't help my skin either. It has a slightly bran-y smell to it, which I don't particularly like.

The instructions say to use 1/2 tsp of powder, but when I tried this it didn't lather a ton. Tatcha recommended I use more water and more product, which did help. But I'm still not blown away with it.

The packaging is beautiful and clever. The downside is you can't use it in the shower and it can be a little bit clumsy to use versus a regular exfoliating cleanser.

Overall I don't think it's worth the hefty price-tag. It's fun to try, and I do love the camellia cleansing oil, but I wouldn't repurchase this rice powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have always been curious about the skin care routines of women from all over the world, and that of the Geisha have always intrigued me. I would expect nothing less for a skin care routine that has been adopted for hundreds of years to treat the delicate skin of those intriguing women who have entertained the masses and have stirred the imaginations of many. Tatcha's Classic Rice Enzyme Powder has always been a product that I've been curious to apply, especially since I have been a massive fan of Fresh's Soy Cleanser for many years. I went out and purchased a travel size version of the product from Sephora and wanted to give this product well deserved try.

The packaging is impeccable. There is a small slide which holds the product in the container, as this proved to be invaluable for fear of using too much of the powder so that I would not use it up. For starters, you have to moisten you face very well in order for the powder to efficiently go on you face, otherwise it will cake up and not lather up as well. A teaspoon is all you need of the product. Moisten you hands with the power, rub gently until it lathers up and wash your face. The packaging says that you wash you face for 20 seconds, and that's honestly all it takes. When I rinse my face off, it feels incredibly clean...almost too clean at times.

In the three weeks that I have used this product (and yes a travel sized product lasts this long), the texture of my skin has improved dramatically. With my oily/combination skin, it has initially caused me to break out, but my face cleared up immensely within a week- it's all the impurities of the skin coming up. It has also minimized my pores along with the little small spots that have come up on my skin over the years. For moisturizer, I use a few drops of Fresh's Seaberry Oil and it feels and looks absolutely amazing

I'm going to continue to use the product until it runs out and buy the regular sized bottle. I was initially skeptical of this product, however this is one of the best face washed I've ever used. I highly recommend it, provided that you have the patience for change in your skin's texture.

on 3/24/2015 4:05:00 PM

I got a sample packet from Sephora so I only have one use to comment on. I was looking for an alternative to AmorePacific's Enzyme Peel, which I have been using for a really long time. It is expensive, which I would deal with, but I think my skin my skin may be used to it, so I need a change. This starts out as a powder, like the AP, but isn't as fine. It also smells strange, like rice. It seems to work pretty well, but then I saw that it costs more--$65 for 2.1 oz. versus $60 for 2.25 oz. I purchased Boscia Tsubaki Oil Infused Exfoliating Powder ($36 for 2.11 oz.) but haven't used that yet, and if that doesn't work out, another similar product is Nude Skincare Detox Brightening Fizzy powder, $42 for 2 oz., which I also tried a sample of, and it is much better than Tatcha's version.

EDIT 6/29/17: I bought a full-size of this. It exfoliates well, very gently, but I think my prior three star rating is accurate. First, the way you open it is you screw the top off, and push the slide back to expose a circular opening. I use about a dime sized portion, and every time I pour it, it makes me cough. A little disconcerting. As soon as I'm finished with the jar I will be returning to Amore Pacific's version. Less money and a much better product.

on 2/1/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wow!! Just bought the sample box with this in it. I will definitely be purchasing the full bottle of this!! Immediately after rising off my skin felt so silky and smooth....where is was feeling a little rough and uneven from where a current foundation (Kat Von D Lockit ) had WRECKED my skin....leaving it feeling bumpy and just gross. I am already obsessed with this product. May well be swapping all my facial care products over to Tatcha!! I'm loving everything in the sample box!!! Noticeable difference with just a couple of uses!!

on 1/14/2015 2:45:00 PM

I am a confirmed must-keep-skin-always-squeaky-clean fiend. To the point that I tend to over-cleanse/scrub. I have mature but still oily/acne-prone skin that can get very dry and irritated if I over exfoliate.

This exfoliant (for want of a better name) deserves the all the love. I got a sample of it and it is the best of its kind. In fact, I liked it so much I got a full size jar, though I don't usually spend so much money on skincare.

Per the Sephora blurb:

This creamy, water-activated exfoliant polishes skin daily to a jewel-like luster. Nourishing Japanese rice bran blends with papaya extracts to address fine lines, uneven skintone, hyperpigmentation, and breakouts. Crushed pearl conditions and balances skin while natural exfoliants gently buff away dullness and dead skin cellsleaving skin perfectly prepared for your favorite serum or moisturizer with more effective results.

It does not leave my skin dry and taut. I had two small bumps and they went away after three uses. Even though it's so gentle I don't use this every day. I find that's a bit of a waste. I use it twice a week and it works just fine. Comes in an elegant jar, which you DO NOT keep in the shower for obvious reasons. No scent. Just perfect.

If price is not an issue, do try this powder. It is truly the best quality. I highly recommend it.