Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

3.8

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

When I’m flying and don’t want to travel with liquids I ensure I have Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder in my bag. As the product name states, this is a powder to which you add water, then lather. The container has a small opening that is covered by a little retactable tab, so it doesn’t spill all over the place when you pour a small amount into the palm of your hand. It works best with a wet face and wet hands, to lather well. A little goes a long way and it removes my makeup easily leaving my skin soft. I have rosacea, eczema and all around sensitive skin. I have no issues, it doesn’t strip my skin of oils nor does it irritate my sensitive skin. My only gripe is that it’s so expensive. I truly find this a very good cleanser and if the price doesn’t deter you I recommend it.

on 12/18/2017 11:06:00 AM

I liked this powder at first, and it does last a while, but it's too irritating for my skin. I like the feeling after I use it, but I notice more irritation on the days when I use it. I think physical exfoliators are just too much for my sensitive skin.

on 7/17/2017 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The rice powder comes as part of the dry/normal starter kit. I almost didn't try it because it's been awhile since I've used a physical type of exfoliator (I prefer chemical). But I wanted to give the products a fair chance. I appreciate that the packaging makes it easy for the user to put just enough in their palms to make the paste. It isn't a harsh scrub which I appreciated. Ultimately, what I didn't like about this product is that it made my skin squeaky clean (seriously, I could hear it as I washed my face) and that's not a good sign. My skin is not a floor, lol. So yeah, not what I'm looking for in an exfoliator.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

\

I was really excited to try this out - the packaging is beautiful and I haven't really used a powder cleanser before. I was really underwhelmed. It didn't hurt my skin, but it didn't help my skin either. It has a slightly bran-y smell to it, which I don't particularly like.

The instructions say to use 1/2 tsp of powder, but when I tried this it didn't lather a ton. Tatcha recommended I use more water and more product, which did help. But I'm still not blown away with it.

The packaging is beautiful and clever. The downside is you can't use it in the shower and it can be a little bit clumsy to use versus a regular exfoliating cleanser.

Overall I don't think it's worth the hefty price-tag. It's fun to try, and I do love the camellia cleansing oil, but I wouldn't repurchase this rice powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have always been curious about the skin care routines of women from all over the world, and that of the Geisha have always intrigued me. I would expect nothing less for a skin care routine that has been adopted for hundreds of years to treat the delicate skin of those intriguing women who have entertained the masses and have stirred the imaginations of many. Tatcha's Classic Rice Enzyme Powder has always been a product that I've been curious to apply, especially since I have been a massive fan of Fresh's Soy Cleanser for many years. I went out and purchased a travel size version of the product from Sephora and wanted to give this product well deserved try.

The packaging is impeccable. There is a small slide which holds the product in the container, as this proved to be invaluable for fear of using too much of the powder so that I would not use it up. For starters, you have to moisten you face very well in order for the powder to efficiently go on you face, otherwise it will cake up and not lather up as well. A teaspoon is all you need of the product. Moisten you hands with the power, rub gently until it lathers up and wash your face. The packaging says that you wash you face for 20 seconds, and that's honestly all it takes. When I rinse my face off, it feels incredibly clean...almost too clean at times.

In the three weeks that I have used this product (and yes a travel sized product lasts this long), the texture of my skin has improved dramatically. With my oily/combination skin, it has initially caused me to break out, but my face cleared up immensely within a week- it's all the impurities of the skin coming up. It has also minimized my pores along with the little small spots that have come up on my skin over the years. For moisturizer, I use a few drops of Fresh's Seaberry Oil and it feels and looks absolutely amazing

I'm going to continue to use the product until it runs out and buy the regular sized bottle. I was initially skeptical of this product, however this is one of the best face washed I've ever used. I highly recommend it, provided that you have the patience for change in your skin's texture.

on 3/24/2015 4:05:00 PM

I got a sample packet from Sephora so I only have one use to comment on. I was looking for an alternative to AmorePacific's Enzyme Peel, which I have been using for a really long time. It is expensive, which I would deal with, but I think my skin my skin may be used to it, so I need a change. This starts out as a powder, like the AP, but isn't as fine. It also smells strange, like rice. It seems to work pretty well, but then I saw that it costs more--$65 for 2.1 oz. versus $60 for 2.25 oz. I purchased Boscia Tsubaki Oil Infused Exfoliating Powder ($36 for 2.11 oz.) but haven't used that yet, and if that doesn't work out, another similar product is Nude Skincare Detox Brightening Fizzy powder, $42 for 2 oz., which I also tried a sample of, and it is much better than Tatcha's version.

EDIT 6/29/17: I bought a full-size of this. It exfoliates well, very gently, but I think my prior three star rating is accurate. First, the way you open it is you screw the top off, and push the slide back to expose a circular opening. I use about a dime sized portion, and every time I pour it, it makes me cough. A little disconcerting. As soon as I'm finished with the jar I will be returning to Amore Pacific's version. Less money and a much better product.

This is a very decent exfoliator and a much better option than using a grainy scrub...but it in no way compares to the Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel, which is my HG exfoliator.

on 1/14/2015 2:45:00 PM

I am a confirmed must-keep-skin-always-squeaky-clean fiend. To the point that I tend to over-cleanse/scrub. I have mature but still oily/acne-prone skin that can get very dry and irritated if I over exfoliate.

This exfoliant (for want of a better name) deserves the all the love. I got a sample of it and it is the best of its kind. In fact, I liked it so much I got a full size jar, though I don't usually spend so much money on skincare.

Per the Sephora blurb:

This creamy, water-activated exfoliant polishes skin daily to a jewel-like luster. Nourishing Japanese rice bran blends with papaya extracts to address fine lines, uneven skintone, hyperpigmentation, and breakouts. Crushed pearl conditions and balances skin while natural exfoliants gently buff away dullness and dead skin cellsleaving skin perfectly prepared for your favorite serum or moisturizer with more effective results.

It does not leave my skin dry and taut. I had two small bumps and they went away after three uses. Even though it's so gentle I don't use this every day. I find that's a bit of a waste. I use it twice a week and it works just fine. Comes in an elegant jar, which you DO NOT keep in the shower for obvious reasons. No scent. Just perfect.

If price is not an issue, do try this powder. It is truly the best quality. I highly recommend it.

Scrubs and exfoliants can be too harsh for skin and make micro- (or some not even so micro) tears...but the Tatch Rice Enzyme Powder is so extremely gentle and my face feels noticeably smoother and softer immediately afterwards.

I've tried the Classic, Deep, and Gentle and even the Deep is very gentle on the skin.

I was sold on this product from the sample and consider this a must product.

Tatcha packaging is always so beautiful but I like the way that the powder is dispensed through an opening with a sliding cover...it makes it easy to get the amount you need without contaminating the rest of the package.

And it also doesn't take much to get results...I've used a sample packet 2 or 3 times before running out of the powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am on the fence about this product. Even though I sampled via the tiny satchels before purchasing the full sized products.

1. It does get my combination but going dry skin clean.
2. Leaves a very matte feeling to my skin. Hard to describe it any other way.
3. It is fine milled powder so not at all scratchy.
4. The jar comes with a clever cap which has a slide tab that exposes a tiny hole when pushed aside. This way there is no fiddle spoon and scooping required or accidentally spilling lots of product.
5. The powder has no perfume/chemical smell. Being a chemical sensitive gal this is ideal.
6. The only qualms is the price. I know...I know this is a high end product, but there are plenty of Japanese brands that do the same thing. Some of which have more natural ingredients for a lot less than Tatcha is charging which leads me to believe that I could possibly be forking out for the fancy packaging. Maybe if Tatcha made this a refillable jar it would be more eco friendly as well as good for my skin. One last thing...
7. It did not break me out AT ALL.