Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

3.9

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/6/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this could be comparable to the amore pacific enzyme powder which is about $65 for 4-5oz of product. I don't know which is cheaper but they both give me similar results. I like them both. I have dry sensitive skin and it doesnt dry it out. I wouldn't use it twice a day though. I'm also glad it comes in a travel size which is more my speed. It takes me forever to use something up. Great job Tatcha! This is lovely!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is surprisingly effective for such a gentle scrub. The first time I used it (about 2 weeks ago), I really wasn't expecting anything in the way of noticeable results simply because it was so non-abrasive. But my skin feels so smooth and nice after I use this and there is no redness or irritation. I have used Demalogica's Daily Microfoliant for a few years and I would put this Rice Enzyme Powder in the same category - a product I really do not want to be without. It's a toss-up as to which I like better but this is a really lovely product and it's not scented or perfumed. In fact, it has an almost "grain-like" smell, which isn't surprising since its main ingredient is rice bran.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This rice powder enzyme skin cleanser seems to be a combo of powdered wash with an exfoliator.

It contains rice bran, a known skin improver: the rice bran is a gentle scrub, the oil in rice bran is compatible with skin. The papaya extract is an enzyme that breaks down proteins so removes a very slight layer of top epidermis dead skin cells by breaking down keratin or at least loosening the scales for washing away.

The container is not only elegant, it keeps the product dry. A double layer glass jar has an inner lid with a sliding opener that allows you to dispense a small amount. You don't need much. Wet hands, pour on, bring up into a slurry and rub for a minute or two on a wet face after cleansing. Oil cleansing works well for this.

Would I rebuy? Yes. I already did. It makes my over 60 skin look really radiant.

(Papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (Pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have always been curious about the skin care routines of women from all over the world, and that of the Geisha have always intrigued me. I would expect nothing less for a skin care routine that has been adopted for hundreds of years to treat the delicate skin of those intriguing women who have entertained the masses and have stirred the imaginations of many. Tatcha's Classic Rice Enzyme Powder has always been a product that I've been curious to apply, especially since I have been a massive fan of Fresh's Soy Cleanser for many years. I went out and purchased a travel size version of the product from Sephora and wanted to give this product well deserved try.

The packaging is impeccable. There is a small slide which holds the product in the container, as this proved to be invaluable for fear of using too much of the powder so that I would not use it up. For starters, you have to moisten you face very well in order for the powder to efficiently go on you face, otherwise it will cake up and not lather up as well. A teaspoon is all you need of the product. Moisten you hands with the power, rub gently until it lathers up and wash your face. The packaging says that you wash you face for 20 seconds, and that's honestly all it takes. When I rinse my face off, it feels incredibly clean...almost too clean at times.

In the three weeks that I have used this product (and yes a travel sized product lasts this long), the texture of my skin has improved dramatically. With my oily/combination skin, it has initially caused me to break out, but my face cleared up immensely within a week- it's all the impurities of the skin coming up. It has also minimized my pores along with the little small spots that have come up on my skin over the years. For moisturizer, I use a few drops of Fresh's Seaberry Oil and it feels and looks absolutely amazing

I'm going to continue to use the product until it runs out and buy the regular sized bottle. I was initially skeptical of this product, however this is one of the best face washed I've ever used. I highly recommend it, provided that you have the patience for change in your skin's texture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this Gentle version exfoliator! This is NOT America's love for all things strong and harsh in exfoliating. If you're looking for that look elsewhere. Lol! (I would love to use Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel, as I love so many of her products that I benefit greatly from at VERY affordable prices, but even that's too high for me as a leave on. I also love the fact that Tatcha's Rice Enzyme Powder's are fragrance free like Paula's Choice.)

This is formulated for EVERYDAY use and thus made to be gentle. I'm putting this review in the Classic section as I feel it applies similarly to both. The results are meant to be observed over time. And believe me it does. Lol! This is the Geisha's equivalent to a DAILY and gentle spa type treatment. I love it's gentle effectiveness. I use it actually every other day as my skin is SUPER DUPER sensitive and leave it on for a minute after softly rubbing it over my face. I wet my skin first and with slightly wet hands pour a dime size amount and just apply. The water on my face turns it into a lovely creamy consistency where I just let the rice, papain and licorice root do the work for me. Soothing and lovely! I've noticed my skin is much smoother, brighter, more even toned, pores smaller ~ YES! ~ and that horrible acne cyst I had on my cheek is finally going down and healing! Every two weeks I then use Vasanti's BrightenUp! with its Microderm Crystals at 25% to polish my skin and take out any crepiness or my Foreo Luna. Works like a charm! But for every other day use this is it! This routine is my Grail! I've even tried to go cheap trying to save money by using the whole oatmeal mask thing and let me tell you, I will NEVA do that again as it nearly gave me cystic acne all over my face to my horror!! It's worth spending the money on elegantly historically researched products. Thank you Geisha's! Thank you Tatcha!!

on 2/1/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wow!! Just bought the sample box with this in it. I will definitely be purchasing the full bottle of this!! Immediately after rising off my skin felt so silky and smooth....where is was feeling a little rough and uneven from where a current foundation (Kat Von D Lockit ) had WRECKED my skin....leaving it feeling bumpy and just gross. I am already obsessed with this product. May well be swapping all my facial care products over to Tatcha!! I'm loving everything in the sample box!!! Noticeable difference with just a couple of uses!!

on 1/18/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. I have sensitive oily skin. Was torn between ordering the classic or the gentle formula.
The classic did not irritate my skin after the first use my skin was clean and dewy. After one week my pores are smaller, pigmentation spot is lighter.
I love the jar and the slide back opening so not to contaminate the product.
Worth every cent. Never want to be without this wonderful product.

on 1/14/2015 2:45:00 PM

I am a confirmed must-keep-skin-always-squeaky-clean fiend. To the point that I tend to over-cleanse/scrub. I have mature but still oily/acne-prone skin that can get very dry and irritated if I over exfoliate.

This exfoliant (for want of a better name) deserves the all the love. I got a sample of it and it is the best of its kind. In fact, I liked it so much I got a full size jar, though I don't usually spend so much money on skincare.

Per the Sephora blurb:

This creamy, water-activated exfoliant polishes skin daily to a jewel-like luster. Nourishing Japanese rice bran blends with papaya extracts to address fine lines, uneven skintone, hyperpigmentation, and breakouts. Crushed pearl conditions and balances skin while natural exfoliants gently buff away dullness and dead skin cellsóleaving skin perfectly prepared for your favorite serum or moisturizer with more effective results.

It does not leave my skin dry and taut. I had two small bumps and they went away after three uses. Even though it's so gentle I don't use this every day. I find that's a bit of a waste. I use it twice a week and it works just fine. Comes in an elegant jar, which you DO NOT keep in the shower for obvious reasons. No scent. Just perfect.

If price is not an issue, do try this powder. It is truly the best quality. I highly recommend it.

on 10/19/2014 6:34:00 PM

Fantastic product!!! Purchased this on auto-ship through QVC along with the Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil which is outstanding, also. When it came back on air, I added a second auto-ship to continue with the discounted price on both products for another year. The cleansing oil removes all makeup including any type of waterproof mascara. Two pumps, is all that is needed. All traces of makeup and the mascara washes completely off. The "oil" does not leave any film on the skin. The Classic Rice Enzyme Powder is then used which is a very soft, gentle white foaming scrub (if you want to call it a scrub). It does not "tear" the skin as so many other products do. As soon as you rinse off the powder, you will find your skin is soft and literally glowing. This product is highly recommended. Even though it may be pricey for some, it is well worth it for it lasts several months.

on 9/30/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a standout product, I have used other rice powder washes, both Korean and Japanese, and this one trumps all of them, while the packaging is obviously very beautiful and expensive, the quality and price of the ingredients warrants the price tag and I use a very small amount as such i think this will last close to four months. It is never gritty and you need only a tiny amount as it is the enzymes that are doing the exfoliating and not a scrubbing action, also you want to make sure after massaging it on your very wet skin it should be rinsed off thoroughly and I followed with a skin toner. My complexion glowed and was smooth as glass and I already have a good complexion. I think anyone who tries this will be impressed, also the packaging is exquisite even the directions are printed on rice paper. Wow and double wow.

P.S. Follow the directions to a tee your face and hands should be wet so as to work up a lather, this not in the least gritty as the Feur de Lys brand. I know that Fancl , Haba and Wawaza all from Japan make a similar product but I've not tried them however I have checked the ingredients on those and they contain a lot of filler i.e.: corn starch and other cheap ingredients. They are significantly lower in price than Tatcha but about less than one quarter as good.