TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/16/2018 6:22:00 PM

I love, LOvE, LOVE this product! I have always had a lot of blackheads on my nose, and no product has ever helped, until I tried this little miracle. Somehow, it cleans out the black in my pores. The pores are still there of course, and even if people say that you can't "wash away" your big pores, I swear that the ones on my nose looks much smaller. I started using this at the same time as I started with The Essence, so maybe it's the combination of these two that have helped me.

I use this after my normal cleanser every night. It doesn't make my skin feel tight, just clean and smooth.

The only negative thing about it is the price. It's so expensive! But, it lasts for a long time.

I haven't tried enzyme cleansers yet so this is my first one. It's fab!!! I have the gentle version for dry skin. I love that it cleanses and exfoliates gently, without any irritation. After cleansing, my skin is baby soft and not even a little red or inflamed. I'm crazy about this cleanser! I'd love to compare it to a Korean enzyme cleanser and see if the Kbeauty one can compare bc the cost of this is insane. Tatcha def has a great product but the price is scary.

on 9/12/2018 12:13:00 PM

I just started using this powder and I have not seen any changes yet since it's only been a week. However, I can say so far I do like it and it has not broken me out.

That being said, a lot of the reviews say this is a physical exfoliator but you have to keep in mind that this is also a chemical exfoliator. I really enjoy that it's not abrasive (and I use the deep kind), I think this is the kind of product that you will see change in your skin over time.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

When I’m flying and don’t want to travel with liquids I ensure I have Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder in my bag. As the product name states, this is a powder to which you add water, then lather. The container has a small opening that is covered by a little retactable tab, so it doesn’t spill all over the place when you pour a small amount into the palm of your hand. It works best with a wet face and wet hands, to lather well. A little goes a long way and it removes my makeup easily leaving my skin soft. I have rosacea, eczema and all around sensitive skin. I have no issues, it doesn’t strip my skin of oils nor does it irritate my sensitive skin. My only gripe is that it’s so expensive. I truly find this a very good cleanser and if the price doesn’t deter you I recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore the little shaker that this rice enzyme powder is packaged in. I've bought two of the minis from Sephora. I use this after I was my face, and use about half of the recommended amount on damp skin. I find this to be very gentle, and it doesn't irritate my rosacea at all. I use it about twice a week. I still use an enzyme mask every other week for deeper exfoliation. I do feel it is pricey for the small amount you get. Until I find something I like better, I will keep using this.

on 12/18/2017 11:06:00 AM

I liked this powder at first, and it does last a while, but it's too irritating for my skin. I like the feeling after I use it, but I notice more irritation on the days when I use it. I think physical exfoliators are just too much for my sensitive skin.

on 12/6/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this could be comparable to the amore pacific enzyme powder which is about $65 for 4-5oz of product. I don't know which is cheaper but they both give me similar results. I like them both. I have dry sensitive skin and it doesnt dry it out. I wouldn't use it twice a day though. I'm also glad it comes in a travel size which is more my speed. It takes me forever to use something up. Great job Tatcha! This is lovely!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is surprisingly effective for such a gentle scrub. The first time I used it (about 2 weeks ago), I really wasn't expecting anything in the way of noticeable results simply because it was so non-abrasive. But my skin feels so smooth and nice after I use this and there is no redness or irritation. I have used Demalogica's Daily Microfoliant for a few years and I would put this Rice Enzyme Powder in the same category - a product I really do not want to be without. It's a toss-up as to which I like better but this is a really lovely product and it's not scented or perfumed. In fact, it has an almost "grain-like" smell, which isn't surprising since its main ingredient is rice bran.

on 7/17/2017 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The rice powder comes as part of the dry/normal starter kit. I almost didn't try it because it's been awhile since I've used a physical type of exfoliator (I prefer chemical). But I wanted to give the products a fair chance. I appreciate that the packaging makes it easy for the user to put just enough in their palms to make the paste. It isn't a harsh scrub which I appreciated. Ultimately, what I didn't like about this product is that it made my skin squeaky clean (seriously, I could hear it as I washed my face) and that's not a good sign. My skin is not a floor, lol. So yeah, not what I'm looking for in an exfoliator.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This rice powder enzyme skin cleanser seems to be a combo of powdered wash with an exfoliator.

It contains rice bran, a known skin improver: the rice bran is a gentle scrub, the oil in rice bran is compatible with skin. The papaya extract is an enzyme that breaks down proteins so removes a very slight layer of top epidermis dead skin cells by breaking down keratin or at least loosening the scales for washing away.

The container is not only elegant, it keeps the product dry. A double layer glass jar has an inner lid with a sliding opener that allows you to dispense a small amount. You don't need much. Wet hands, pour on, bring up into a slurry and rub for a minute or two on a wet face after cleansing. Oil cleansing works well for this.

Would I rebuy? Yes. I already did. It makes my over 60 skin look really radiant.

(Papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (Pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.