Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

4.2

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/2/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a generous travel size (retails $15) of this when I ordered the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist and Camilla Oil. I was not impressed. At all.

I'm not even gonna get into my usual long winded style of reviewing here - this is just a gimmicky cleanser much like DHC's powder cleanser but at a higher price. Actually I like the DHC version much more than this when it comes to effectiveness; Tatcha's version didn't do much and my face didn't feel clean or exfoliated. To be even more specific, one morning I tried the sample of Tatcha's Indigo face cream and couldn't stand how greasy it was so I used this to wash it off - NOPE! The rice powder cleanser didn't even remove that. I feel like with this stuff you are paying for packaging and not quality product.

A full size of this is $65.00 and it is so not worth it. In fact, you could just buy a jar of Pearl Powder for like $40 bux and a bag of Bob's red mill rice powder for $3 bux, make your own concoction and I am pretty sure you would end up with a much more efficient cleanser. Meh, this is just another over-hyped waste of money.

Besides the exquisite packaging, I really love the soft texture and traditional Japanese rice scent. It's so refreshing and non-irritating, note that I hate a very sensitive skin, oily and acne prones.

This cleanser is definitely worth to try and one of my Holy Grail products, my skin was well moisturize with very soft finish after the cleansing process.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have always been curious about the skin care routines of women from all over the world, and that of the Geisha have always intrigued me. I would expect nothing less for a skin care routine that has been adopted for hundreds of years to treat the delicate skin of those intriguing women who have entertained the masses and have stirred the imaginations of many. Tatcha's Classic Rice Enzyme Powder has always been a product that I've been curious to apply, especially since I have been a massive fan of Fresh's Soy Cleanser for many years. I went out and purchased a travel size version of the product from Sephora and wanted to give this product well deserved try.

The packaging is impeccable. There is a small slide which holds the product in the container, as this proved to be invaluable for fear of using too much of the powder so that I would not use it up. For starters, you have to moisten you face very well in order for the powder to efficiently go on you face, otherwise it will cake up and not lather up as well. A teaspoon is all you need of the product. Moisten you hands with the power, rub gently until it lathers up and wash your face. The packaging says that you wash you face for 20 seconds, and that's honestly all it takes. When I rinse my face off, it feels incredibly clean...almost too clean at times.

In the three weeks that I have used this product (and yes a travel sized product lasts this long), the texture of my skin has improved dramatically. With my oily/combination skin, it has initially caused me to break out, but my face cleared up immensely within a week- it's all the impurities of the skin coming up. It has also minimized my pores along with the little small spots that have come up on my skin over the years. For moisturizer, I use a few drops of Fresh's Seaberry Oil and it feels and looks absolutely amazing

I'm going to continue to use the product until it runs out and buy the regular sized bottle. I was initially skeptical of this product, however this is one of the best face washed I've ever used. I highly recommend it, provided that you have the patience for change in your skin's texture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this Gentle version exfoliator! This is NOT America's love for all things strong and harsh in exfoliating. If you're looking for that look elsewhere. Lol! (I would love to use Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel, as I love so many of her products that I benefit greatly from at VERY affordable prices, but even that's too high for me as a leave on. I also love the fact that Tatcha's Rice Enzyme Powder's are fragrance free like Paula's Choice.)

This is formulated for EVERYDAY use and thus made to be gentle. I'm putting this review in the Classic section as I feel it applies similarly to both. The results are meant to be observed over time. And believe me it does. Lol! This is the Geisha's equivalent to a DAILY and gentle spa type treatment. I love it's gentle effectiveness. I use it actually every other day as my skin is SUPER DUPER sensitive and leave it on for a minute after softly rubbing it over my face. I wet my skin first and with slightly wet hands pour a dime size amount and just apply. The water on my face turns it into a lovely creamy consistency where I just let the rice, papain and licorice root do the work for me. Soothing and lovely! I've noticed my skin is much smoother, brighter, more even toned, pores smaller ~ YES! ~ and that horrible acne cyst I had on my cheek is finally going down and healing! Every two weeks I then use Vasanti's BrightenUp! with its Microderm Crystals at 25% to polish my skin and take out any crepiness or my Foreo Luna. Works like a charm! But for every other day use this is it! This routine is my Grail! I've even tried to go cheap trying to save money by using the whole oatmeal mask thing and let me tell you, I will NEVA do that again as it nearly gave me cystic acne all over my face to my horror!! It's worth spending the money on elegantly historically researched products. Thank you Geisha's! Thank you Tatcha!!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I am sooo glad I didn't pay for this...I got a travel sized one as my welcome gift with the hand cream purchase. I was expecting soo much more...performance-wise. I don't know why there is a gentle version of this powder, when the classic felt like nothing to me. There was zero scrub to this powder. I know they use papaya enzymes to get rid of dead skin cells, but I couldn't feel it or see any noticable results. To me, this is just a 2nd cleanse to get rid of every trace of the oil cleanser, nothing more. I am dumbfounded why bloggers give it such a glowing review.

on 3/24/2015 4:05:00 PM

I got a sample packet from Sephora so I only have one use to comment on. I was looking for an alternative to AmorePacific's Enzyme Peel, which I have been using for a really long time. It is expensive, which I would deal with, but I think my skin my skin may be used to it, so I need a change. This starts out as a powder, like the AP, but isn't as fine. It also smells strange, like rice. It seems to work pretty well, but then I saw that it costs more--$65 for 2.1 oz. versus $60 for 2.25 oz. I purchased Boscia Tsubaki Oil Infused Exfoliating Powder ($36 for 2.11 oz.) but haven't used that yet, and if that doesn't work out, another similar product is Nude Skincare Detox Brightening Fizzy powder, $42 for 2 oz., which I also tried a sample of, and it is much better than Tatcha's version.

This is a very decent exfoliator and a much better option than using a grainy scrub...but it in no way compares to the Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel, which is my HG exfoliator.

on 2/9/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I'm currently using a sample sized powder from the Discovery Kit and so far I really like it! It's a little gritty before you emulsify it, but this can be done in the hands before applying to the face. It's not as abrasive as the physical exfoliating scrubs that I've been using (Yes to Grapefruit, Ren) and is minimally scented. This is supposedly gentle enough for using day and night, but I stick to using it in the shower in the evenings only and even then my skin can feel a little dry after using this, so I'm not sure I would use it every day. The packaging is just genius! Just wish it wasn't so expensive, but if it does what it claims to do, then I'm willing to shell out a bit more.

on 2/1/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wow!! Just bought the sample box with this in it. I will definitely be purchasing the full bottle of this!! Immediately after rising off my skin felt so silky and smooth....where is was feeling a little rough and uneven from where a current foundation (Kat Von D Lockit ) had WRECKED my skin....leaving it feeling bumpy and just gross. I am already obsessed with this product. May well be swapping all my facial care products over to Tatcha!! I'm loving everything in the sample box!!! Noticeable difference with just a couple of uses!!

on 1/18/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. I have sensitive oily skin. Was torn between ordering the classic or the gentle formula.
The classic did not irritate my skin after the first use my skin was clean and dewy. After one week my pores are smaller, pigmentation spot is lighter.
I love the jar and the slide back opening so not to contaminate the product.
Worth every cent. Never want to be without this wonderful product.