Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

3.9

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 7/17/2017 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The rice powder comes as part of the dry/normal starter kit. I almost didn't try it because it's been awhile since I've used a physical type of exfoliator (I prefer chemical). But I wanted to give the products a fair chance. I appreciate that the packaging makes it easy for the user to put just enough in their palms to make the paste. It isn't a harsh scrub which I appreciated. Ultimately, what I didn't like about this product is that it made my skin squeaky clean (seriously, I could hear it as I washed my face) and that's not a good sign. My skin is not a floor, lol. So yeah, not what I'm looking for in an exfoliator.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This rice powder enzyme skin cleanser seems to be a combo of powdered wash with an exfoliator.

It contains rice bran, a known skin improver: the rice bran is a gentle scrub, the oil in rice bran is compatible with skin. The papaya extract is an enzyme that breaks down proteins so removes a very slight layer of top epidermis dead skin cells by breaking down keratin or at least loosening the scales for washing away.

The container is not only elegant, it keeps the product dry. A double layer glass jar has an inner lid with a sliding opener that allows you to dispense a small amount. You don't need much. Wet hands, pour on, bring up into a slurry and rub for a minute or two on a wet face after cleansing. Oil cleansing works well for this.

Would I rebuy? Yes. I already did. It makes my over 60 skin look really radiant.

(Papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (Pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

\

I was really excited to try this out - the packaging is beautiful and I haven't really used a powder cleanser before. I was really underwhelmed. It didn't hurt my skin, but it didn't help my skin either. It has a slightly bran-y smell to it, which I don't particularly like.

The instructions say to use 1/2 tsp of powder, but when I tried this it didn't lather a ton. Tatcha recommended I use more water and more product, which did help. But I'm still not blown away with it.

The packaging is beautiful and clever. The downside is you can't use it in the shower and it can be a little bit clumsy to use versus a regular exfoliating cleanser.

Overall I don't think it's worth the hefty price-tag. It's fun to try, and I do love the camellia cleansing oil, but I wouldn't repurchase this rice powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Beautifully works but hyped up diy ...

I made the same thing with rice flour we have at home and some cleanser.

Experimented by putting a small amount (about a pea size of rice flour/powder) in my hand, a few drops of my foaming clarisonic cleanser (any of your choice wI'll do), amd mixing with some water,.... skin was also soft and smooth.

Granted I haven't bought a complete package and just played with a sample buuuuut... I look at this and say "nice try guys" :)

on 8/17/2016 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells nice, and foams up well. I like the way my skin feels after using it, and for awhile I used it every day. Then I noticed I was starting to get these tiny zits on my forehead and cheeks, where I don't normally break out. I wasn't sure it was related to this, but I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. Over these last few months, I've used it maybe three or four times, since I had so much product left. But lo and behold, every time I used it new breakouts would appear by the next day. I have now finally convinced myself this product is the culprit, which is quite disappointing because it was so pricey and had such good reviews.

on 6/2/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a generous travel size (retails $15) of this when I ordered the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist and Camilla Oil. I was not impressed. At all.

I'm not even gonna get into my usual long winded style of reviewing here - this is just a gimmicky cleanser much like DHC's powder cleanser but at a higher price. Actually I like the DHC version much more than this when it comes to effectiveness; Tatcha's version didn't do much and my face didn't feel clean or exfoliated. To be even more specific, one morning I tried the sample of Tatcha's Indigo face cream and couldn't stand how greasy it was so I used this to wash it off - NOPE! The rice powder cleanser didn't even remove that. I feel like with this stuff you are paying for packaging and not quality product.

A full size of this is $65.00 and it is so not worth it. In fact, you could just buy a jar of Pearl Powder for like $40 bux and a bag of Bob's red mill rice powder for $3 bux, make your own concoction and I am pretty sure you would end up with a much more efficient cleanser. Meh, this is just another over-hyped waste of money.

Besides the exquisite packaging, I really love the soft texture and traditional Japanese rice scent. It's so refreshing and non-irritating, note that I hate a very sensitive skin, oily and acne prones.

This cleanser is definitely worth to try and one of my Holy Grail products, my skin was well moisturize with very soft finish after the cleansing process.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have always been curious about the skin care routines of women from all over the world, and that of the Geisha have always intrigued me. I would expect nothing less for a skin care routine that has been adopted for hundreds of years to treat the delicate skin of those intriguing women who have entertained the masses and have stirred the imaginations of many. Tatcha's Classic Rice Enzyme Powder has always been a product that I've been curious to apply, especially since I have been a massive fan of Fresh's Soy Cleanser for many years. I went out and purchased a travel size version of the product from Sephora and wanted to give this product well deserved try.

The packaging is impeccable. There is a small slide which holds the product in the container, as this proved to be invaluable for fear of using too much of the powder so that I would not use it up. For starters, you have to moisten you face very well in order for the powder to efficiently go on you face, otherwise it will cake up and not lather up as well. A teaspoon is all you need of the product. Moisten you hands with the power, rub gently until it lathers up and wash your face. The packaging says that you wash you face for 20 seconds, and that's honestly all it takes. When I rinse my face off, it feels incredibly clean...almost too clean at times.

In the three weeks that I have used this product (and yes a travel sized product lasts this long), the texture of my skin has improved dramatically. With my oily/combination skin, it has initially caused me to break out, but my face cleared up immensely within a week- it's all the impurities of the skin coming up. It has also minimized my pores along with the little small spots that have come up on my skin over the years. For moisturizer, I use a few drops of Fresh's Seaberry Oil and it feels and looks absolutely amazing

I'm going to continue to use the product until it runs out and buy the regular sized bottle. I was initially skeptical of this product, however this is one of the best face washed I've ever used. I highly recommend it, provided that you have the patience for change in your skin's texture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this Gentle version exfoliator! This is NOT America's love for all things strong and harsh in exfoliating. If you're looking for that look elsewhere. Lol! (I would love to use Paula's Choice 8% AHA Gel, as I love so many of her products that I benefit greatly from at VERY affordable prices, but even that's too high for me as a leave on. I also love the fact that Tatcha's Rice Enzyme Powder's are fragrance free like Paula's Choice.)

This is formulated for EVERYDAY use and thus made to be gentle. I'm putting this review in the Classic section as I feel it applies similarly to both. The results are meant to be observed over time. And believe me it does. Lol! This is the Geisha's equivalent to a DAILY and gentle spa type treatment. I love it's gentle effectiveness. I use it actually every other day as my skin is SUPER DUPER sensitive and leave it on for a minute after softly rubbing it over my face. I wet my skin first and with slightly wet hands pour a dime size amount and just apply. The water on my face turns it into a lovely creamy consistency where I just let the rice, papain and licorice root do the work for me. Soothing and lovely! I've noticed my skin is much smoother, brighter, more even toned, pores smaller ~ YES! ~ and that horrible acne cyst I had on my cheek is finally going down and healing! Every two weeks I then use Vasanti's BrightenUp! with its Microderm Crystals at 25% to polish my skin and take out any crepiness or my Foreo Luna. Works like a charm! But for every other day use this is it! This routine is my Grail! I've even tried to go cheap trying to save money by using the whole oatmeal mask thing and let me tell you, I will NEVA do that again as it nearly gave me cystic acne all over my face to my horror!! It's worth spending the money on elegantly historically researched products. Thank you Geisha's! Thank you Tatcha!!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I am sooo glad I didn't pay for this...I got a travel sized one as my welcome gift with the hand cream purchase. I was expecting soo much more...performance-wise. I don't know why there is a gentle version of this powder, when the classic felt like nothing to me. There was zero scrub to this powder. I know they use papaya enzymes to get rid of dead skin cells, but I couldn't feel it or see any noticable results. To me, this is just a 2nd cleanse to get rid of every trace of the oil cleanser, nothing more. I am dumbfounded why bloggers give it such a glowing review.