Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder
Polished Classic Rice Enzyme PowderPolished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder

3.9

Oryza Sativa (rice) Powder, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Cellulose, Water, Papain (papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I adore the little shaker that this rice enzyme powder is packaged in. I've bought two of the minis from Sephora. I use this after I was my face, and use about half of the recommended amount on damp skin. I find this to be very gentle, and it doesn't irritate my rosacea at all. I use it about twice a week. I still use an enzyme mask every other week for deeper exfoliation. I do feel it is pricey for the small amount you get. Until I find something I like better, I will keep using this.

on 12/18/2017 11:06:00 AM

I liked this powder at first, and it does last a while, but it's too irritating for my skin. I like the feeling after I use it, but I notice more irritation on the days when I use it. I think physical exfoliators are just too much for my sensitive skin.

on 12/6/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this could be comparable to the amore pacific enzyme powder which is about $65 for 4-5oz of product. I don't know which is cheaper but they both give me similar results. I like them both. I have dry sensitive skin and it doesnt dry it out. I wouldn't use it twice a day though. I'm also glad it comes in a travel size which is more my speed. It takes me forever to use something up. Great job Tatcha! This is lovely!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is surprisingly effective for such a gentle scrub. The first time I used it (about 2 weeks ago), I really wasn't expecting anything in the way of noticeable results simply because it was so non-abrasive. But my skin feels so smooth and nice after I use this and there is no redness or irritation. I have used Demalogica's Daily Microfoliant for a few years and I would put this Rice Enzyme Powder in the same category - a product I really do not want to be without. It's a toss-up as to which I like better but this is a really lovely product and it's not scented or perfumed. In fact, it has an almost "grain-like" smell, which isn't surprising since its main ingredient is rice bran.

on 7/17/2017 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The rice powder comes as part of the dry/normal starter kit. I almost didn't try it because it's been awhile since I've used a physical type of exfoliator (I prefer chemical). But I wanted to give the products a fair chance. I appreciate that the packaging makes it easy for the user to put just enough in their palms to make the paste. It isn't a harsh scrub which I appreciated. Ultimately, what I didn't like about this product is that it made my skin squeaky clean (seriously, I could hear it as I washed my face) and that's not a good sign. My skin is not a floor, lol. So yeah, not what I'm looking for in an exfoliator.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This rice powder enzyme skin cleanser seems to be a combo of powdered wash with an exfoliator.

It contains rice bran, a known skin improver: the rice bran is a gentle scrub, the oil in rice bran is compatible with skin. The papaya extract is an enzyme that breaks down proteins so removes a very slight layer of top epidermis dead skin cells by breaking down keratin or at least loosening the scales for washing away.

The container is not only elegant, it keeps the product dry. A double layer glass jar has an inner lid with a sliding opener that allows you to dispense a small amount. You don't need much. Wet hands, pour on, bring up into a slurry and rub for a minute or two on a wet face after cleansing. Oil cleansing works well for this.

Would I rebuy? Yes. I already did. It makes my over 60 skin look really radiant.

(Papaya Extract), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (Pearl) Protein, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Algae Extract, Glycerin, Dextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

\

I was really excited to try this out - the packaging is beautiful and I haven't really used a powder cleanser before. I was really underwhelmed. It didn't hurt my skin, but it didn't help my skin either. It has a slightly bran-y smell to it, which I don't particularly like.

The instructions say to use 1/2 tsp of powder, but when I tried this it didn't lather a ton. Tatcha recommended I use more water and more product, which did help. But I'm still not blown away with it.

The packaging is beautiful and clever. The downside is you can't use it in the shower and it can be a little bit clumsy to use versus a regular exfoliating cleanser.

Overall I don't think it's worth the hefty price-tag. It's fun to try, and I do love the camellia cleansing oil, but I wouldn't repurchase this rice powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Beautifully works but hyped up diy ...

I made the same thing with rice flour we have at home and some cleanser.

Experimented by putting a small amount (about a pea size of rice flour/powder) in my hand, a few drops of my foaming clarisonic cleanser (any of your choice wI'll do), amd mixing with some water,.... skin was also soft and smooth.

Granted I haven't bought a complete package and just played with a sample buuuuut... I look at this and say "nice try guys" :)

on 6/2/2016 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received a generous travel size (retails $15) of this when I ordered the Luminous Dewy Skin Mist and Camilla Oil. I was not impressed. At all.

I'm not even gonna get into my usual long winded style of reviewing here - this is just a gimmicky cleanser much like DHC's powder cleanser but at a higher price. Actually I like the DHC version much more than this when it comes to effectiveness; Tatcha's version didn't do much and my face didn't feel clean or exfoliated. To be even more specific, one morning I tried the sample of Tatcha's Indigo face cream and couldn't stand how greasy it was so I used this to wash it off - NOPE! The rice powder cleanser didn't even remove that. I feel like with this stuff you are paying for packaging and not quality product.

A full size of this is $65.00 and it is so not worth it. In fact, you could just buy a jar of Pearl Powder for like $40 bux and a bag of Bob's red mill rice powder for $3 bux, make your own concoction and I am pretty sure you would end up with a much more efficient cleanser. Meh, this is just another over-hyped waste of money.

on 8/17/2016 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This smells nice, and foams up well. I like the way my skin feels after using it, and for awhile I used it every day. Then I noticed I was starting to get these tiny zits on my forehead and cheeks, where I don't normally break out. I wasn't sure it was related to this, but I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. Over these last few months, I've used it maybe three or four times, since I had so much product left. But lo and behold, every time I used it new breakouts would appear by the next day. I have now finally convinced myself this product is the culprit, which is quite disappointing because it was so pricey and had such good reviews.