Estee Lauder Invisible Powder Makeup

Estee Lauder Invisible Powder Makeup

3.6

on 1/23/2017 6:30:00 AM

Well, this one was a total miss. The name says it all: invisible. It's like I had no makeup at all, the blotchy areas beside my nose are still blotchy, if there's redness somewhere it'll shine like Rudolph the Reindeer's nose and approximately 30 minutes after application I'm thinking about blotting and re-touching.

If I had to say something positive, that would be the packaging, which is quite neat. The sponge provided is of good quality and I like the two-story build of the case. Also, this product is almost scentless. There's a very good selection of light shades (which doesn't mean much as the product disappears once applied on skin...).

The abysmal results I've gotten with this don't come from lack of trying. I've used it with and without primer, with half a dozen different moisturizers, with dry and wet sponge, with four different foundation brushes, a beautyblender... nothing works.

Bottom line: ridiculously expensive with very poor quality.

on 1/12/2016 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This powder has some pros and some cons.
The pros are the natural, smooth, skin-like finish with some coverage and the luxurious packaging. You get 7gr of product which is fine (this has probably changed as I had a peek to the EL website and states 6gr per compact at the moment). Provides some coverage too.

On to the cons: I feel that the color range is a bit poor. I'm fair and slightly warm toned, got 1CN1 Ecru but that leans a bit too cool. The other fair shade 1WN1 was really yellow and looked even worse on me. At least Ecru was more neutral albeit still leaning cool. Secondly, it doesn't seem to hold shine at bay. Frankly this is what I need a powder to do and this is rather pricey too. Won't repurchase.

on 8/14/2014 9:52:00 PM

I had bad times with powder foundation, either it would look cakey or making me breakout. I have sensitive oily skin, with redness and flaky skin as major concern.
This powder looks beautiful on its own, light to medium coverage to help even out skin tone but will not cover major spots. I find its best performance to be applied with accompanying sponge; brush application will be too sheer for my liking.
The finish is very natural, skin-like finish with luminuous glow just as the product description. Having oily skin, I used to freak out whenever I hear the word 'glow' because I thought I wouldn't need any 'additional glow'. But this one does not make me look like a grease ball whatsoever, rather I look like I have naturally healthy skin. Blurs out the pores and does not accentuate my dry patches. It never looks cakey no matter how much layer I put.
As for oil control, I still need to blot 3-4 times a day which is perfectly normal for me but it does help keeping my oil at bay compared to not wear anything. Great staying power, look even more natural throughout the day. I barely need to touch up for 8 hours or more. I have been using this for almost a month now and so far no breakout at all, which is a huge huge plus!
Cons are the steep price (well, it's estee lauder afterall), and limited shade selection in Asia stores. For reference I'm NC 25 wearing Bamboo and it's sadly a tad too dark but still acceptable.

Edit : And it broke me out </3

on 5/7/2014 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product is fantastic. I've never liked pressed powders before this. It gives a beautiful glow and enhances the longetivity of your make up.

My daily routine consists of a light BB cream and then this over the top and it still gives me a gorgeous glow. It doesn't settle into lines and I don't find it drying at all.

on 12/10/2013 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I tried this as a substitute of my NARS powder foundation because I simply had no time to wait for it to arrive via post.

I love it, I actually think I love it even more than the NARS one. This powder foundation does exactly what it says in the package, corrects your skin tone and is invisible on your skin, the pressed powder seems to have a bit of shimmer but it is completely undetectable upon application, it can range from sheer coverage if applied with a powder brush or medium if applied with the acompanying sponge, the packaging is a bit like MAC Studio Fix Powder where the pressed powder lifts to reveal the sponge compartment. Depending on how my skin looks and it doesn't give me a chalky powdery finish. It looks very natural and feels comfortable on my skin.

It didn't break me out which is a huge plus and I don't look greasy or oily as the day goes by, on warmer days I get slightly shiny but it's not unpleasant, just slightly more dewy. This is a wonderful foundation and I was very pleasantly surprised, my only gripe is that there isn't a lot of product and they don't sells refills which makes it more expensive and less ecological than what it should be.

I have already repurchased this product having lost my first compact in the back of a cab, don't ask,

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using this for about a month now and really like it! It evens out my skin tone and make my complexion look all glowy and lovely. It lasts all day in work and withstood the heat of Spain during my Summer holiday not so long ago. It does look quite natural. It's not drying and manages not to go into melt down, even in heat.

It is easy to apply and ideal for someone like me who is not a morning person and not too clever at applying makeup. All I want is something I can slap on with little effort but maximum effect. It comes with a sponge applicator which is really useful for top ups during the day (though I find this unnecessary once it has been applied). I sometimes apply with the Ecotools Kabuki brush but the applicator supplied does just fine.

I find for my skin this provides adequate cover, however it would not be wonderful if you did need a fuller coverage foundation. I had a slight blemish where my skin had reacted to suntan lotion during the summer and used a concealer stick to completely cover this. You could use a setting spray if you thought this was looking a little cakey on you but I don't find this.

My skin type would be combination - dry. As for colour matches I can't really comment because I have got a bit of a tan and am currently matched to 2CN1. Normally I would be about NW15 but currently it's just too light for me. There does seem to be a good range of shades anyway to match a range of skin tones and shades.

This is a pricey product (for me anyway!) but I am very pleased with it and would possibly buy again (if I was feeling flush that day or wasn't tempted to try another new latest foundation. I'm fickle!).

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This product is lovely to use because it gives an iridescent look and makes it look like you have a natural glow. The only down side is the price! This is actually slightly more expensive than most of their foundations but if you're using the foundation as well, the combination of the two is flawless!