4.4

price range

Reviews

from

3 years ago

I like this for a drugstore leave-in conditioner. It helps my hair style smoothly thanks to all the silicones and proteins. The silicones don't cause any build up for me. It seems to rinse away easily with shampoo, so that's a plus. My hair feels stronger and silkier when I'm styling, and definitely looks shinier. Heaven knows why this is in a spray bottle. It's a cream, which can't be sprayed effectively. A regular pump would be much more appropriate. I have to "spray" like 13 squirts at least into my palm just to do each half of my hair. I have long, very thick hair so you may not need as much. I apply the cream from the ears down and sometimes smooth just a little on the top of my head. It doesn't weigh my hair down thankfully. The bottle says to apply on either wet or dry hair. I've tried both, and find it applies much easier to damp, towel-dried hair. It also helps detangle.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

This is best leave-in conditioner that I have tried so far (and I've tried many DS brands and some mid-range brands). I have fine hair and an oily scalp. Many rinse out conditioners (as stated by the reviewer below) are too heavy for my hair and leave it flat and hard to style. This is a light conditioner, but effective in protecting/preventing split ends, providing shine and moisture, and if you apply product with your hands to the mid-shaft to ends only, it's a great everyday leave-in. It can become too greasy/oily if you apply too much (a little goes a long way) or apply directly to hair. It calms frizzy hair, and claims to be able to serve as a heat protectant as well. I have never used it for this purpose. Pros: Cost (less than $5 in most DS), excellent conditioning without being too heavy, smells nice - floral/fruity combo (but strong and lingers), you can add styling products after application without causing a problem (mousse, spray gel), not tested on animals Cons: Fragrance may be an issue for some Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium 75, Silk Amino Acids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Polysorbate 20, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Biotin, Niacinamide, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Pikea Robusta (Red Algae) Extract, Honey, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Seed Extract, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

Rinse conditioners often leave my hair limp and dirty, but many leave-ins are too light. Problem solved! I rub a little in my palm--you only need a little--and smooth it into my hair. The result is fragrant, silky, manageable curls. I recommend this for anyone with waves or springy curls because it keeps their shape without drying them out. And it saves time in the shower, replacing a rinse. Love!

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

I transitioned from a Suave girl to a VO5 girl because the former shampoo line wasn't doing it for me. So I tried a few VO5s so far: the kiwi lime, ocean refresh, Shine and Glo oil spray, and THIS. This product works really well with only a very small amount. It soaks into my hair and once dry, my often-dyed curls are extremely soft. But if I use too much, the overdose makes it limp. However, if you're dealing with styling damage, this is a concentrated conditioner which lives up to its claims. About the fragrance: if you're inordinately sensitive, it might be a bit much. But after you use it enough, it becomes an afterthought. Your shiny, untangled hair will be so silky, you won't mind. I can use this alone, no in-shower conditioner. If your hair is long, apply mainly to the ends since roots are easily weighed down. If your hair begins to feel heavy, go a day or two without, then return. I recommend for dyed, bleached, permed and fine hair, which often doesn't need rinse conditioners.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

5 years ago

This has silk proteins in it. It softens very well, but to the point where it can make hair limp. I disliked mostly because the of the overpowering scent, though. It's not a bad fragrance, but they put a lot in there. It's inexpensive ($3-4).

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

5 years ago

This is a great leave-in conditioner! It keeps my hair from frizzing, gives it a soft shine and doesn't create a lot of buildup. I use this first, then add whatever styling gels I want and my naturally curly hair air dries beautifully. Shiny, no frizz and great body. An inexpensive, wonderful product. Definitely give it a try!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This inexpensive leave in is amazing, it is packed full of impressive ingredients for the price point, and it truly works. I have abundant, fine, bleached blonde curly hair past my bra strap and this product does miracles for it. It adds just enough moisture without weighing hair down and also works well as a second day refresher in my curls. I have only ever seen it at Kmart here in Florida and priced to sell at around 4.99. I hope they don't discontinue this stuff puts a great competition to products like "it's a 10" LOVE! Holy Grail product!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairOther

6 years ago

I was very pleasantly surprised at how great this leave in conditioner works. I have a lot of fine relaxed hair that can be a pain to detangle, but with this it's a snap! This product is actually a cream instead of a liquid like some leave in conditioners. This doesn't weigh my hair down and my hair is soft and tangle free. It smells great too. I also use this in my daughter's fine naturally curly hair and it makes her curls soft, tangle free and shiny. Great product from VO5!

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

6 years ago

This stuff is amazing! First, you get a tooooon of product, I've had mine since march and the bottle is still pretty much full and I use about 6 sprays after I wash my hair. Second, it smells so good, nice and fruity. And third, it leaves my hair so soft and shiney, never greasy :)

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

7 years ago

My holy grail leave -in! I have tried numerous leave-in conditioners and have finally found the one I'll use forever (if they don't discontinue it, that is)! I have relaxed, demi-permanent colored hair. This softens and detangles beautifully. The smell is lightly fragranced and delightful! It sprays perfectly-in a nice small stream, not too wide or too narrow. I have only seen it at my local Giant grocery store so it's a little hard to find. I'm going to go back and clear the shelf. It was about $6.49. Ladies go and try it so they'll know they have a winner and continue to make it!

About reviewer (96 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm