TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette
TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

3.5

on 10/6/2015 4:24:00 PM

The eyeshadows are pigmented and nice. I like the sleek packaging.
I would have liked to have a cream colour in the palette, but like someone else mentioned, the yellow and white colour can easily be mixed to get the same effect. To make it more handy I would have liked a black colour as well.
I really do get alot of use out of the palette though! I would recommend it to a friend if they were looking for a matte neutral palette.

This is a great matte pallete the shadows are quite large and you need so little shadow. I do not think I will run out of any of these shadows. I am a bit worried about the shadows braking when traveling due to the packaging that's what happened to another the balm palette I owned. I bought mine on hautelook for $18 which is really cheap for a palette that normally is $48 now that I own it and have used it for months I can say I would pay the $48 for it but before I would not have.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've eyed Meet Matte Nude for awhile and didn't feel like nine matte shades was worth the price of $42, so I went on Amazon and found it 50% off. Thebalm often has flash sales and is on other sites for a discount. I would never pay full price for their products. They're good products/formulas, but the packaging is cheap cardboard and plastic. It's a great matte palette and the shades are wearable. I really like Abdul and Hung because you don't often find those shades. Matte palettes are no longer as common as they were 10+ years ago, so I think everyone needs at least one in their collection.

@ Nancygia, you're talking about the first Meet Matte palette and not this one.

on 3/6/2014 5:00:00 PM

I like the idea of an all-matte palette, but I don't like this particular one at all. The shadows are poor quality--lots of fallout, and they are very dry and chalky and go on unevenly. A few of the colors aren't even wearable, in my opinion, such as Matt Schilling and Matt Horowitz. When I tried to use Matt Batali wet, as a liner, the results were disastrous. It bled all over my lid and I wound up with a large fleck in my eye, even using very little water and wiping the brush.