TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette
TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great quality v pigmented v blendabe. The result is great. Looks awesome with a black liquid liner. Better quality than Dior etc.

I love it

This nude palette is wonderful.The color is pigmented and not too glittering. Matt Lombardi is one of my favorite because it can cover the vein ( the blueish or greenish color on the eyelid) and it looks like my skin color ! The dark color can be used for eyebrows since the color looks so natural. The other great thing is this eyeshadow is easy to remove with makeup cleanser. Sadly, not all color can be used for a natural look.

Packaging is really good because it consisted mirror inside so you can use it anywhere you want. The base of the packaging might be a card/ carton and magnet.

Overall I really like this product for daily wear.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I knocked off a star for the following reasons:
1) Some of the colors i find awkward/not useful. Those colors are the stark white, the dull yellow, and the gray. I can't find a way to work these colors into my rotation and would've found a beige (brow bone highlight), a light rusty shade (warm crease color, instead of the yellow), and anything but the gray more useful. These just aren't flattering colors.
2) I wouldn't use this palette by itself -i view it as a collection of basic mattes that you would pull in for crease shades, deepening crease, liner, etc. But the colors arent vibrant enough for me to use only this palette alone.

However, this palette is soft, buttery and pigmented and easy to blend. Alot of the colors are super useful basic shades that make me pull this out (light brown, dark brown, etc), so even if you dont use this palette by itself it seriously comes in handy when doing any look.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This palette should be with every girl
Pigment, great choice of colors , lasts long
The only con is quite pricey

* buy it from feelunique ( trusted website ) , get 15% off for your first order http://referme.to/7rhE5To

on 7/20/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Let me start off by saying I LOVE The Balm and their packaging! It's so creative.

The packaging, although paperish, seems pretty heavy-duty. I would feel comfortable with putting this palette in my handbag. The magnet is sturdy and the mirror is nice and big.

You get plenty of product for the price. 25.5g in the palette, which means 2.83g per pan. Of course since I'm in Australia the price was a lot more than you'd pay in America. Not hideous but a hefty price.

I don't have the original Meet Matte but I've swatched it and I feel like the pigmentation has definitely improved since then.

The shade I wanted most, Matt Abdul, was in my opinion the least pigmented. It's still pretty good but honestly I feel you can get drugstore shades that are better.

They last a decent amount of time and do become slightly muddy if you don't use a primer, but they're great to blend.

Overall I don't think I'd purchase this palette again. I love it and reach for it frequently but I feel like the shades are VERY dupable, even with lower end makeup.

on 3/25/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

its just ok. middle in the road palette.

on 3/3/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Aww man! I guess I'm the minority when it comes to this palette (literally and figuritively) :p

Sorry, I really don't like this palette. Don't get me wrong, it does have staying power and it doesn't crease even with OUT primer, but sadly on me the colors are VERY dull and muted. Now I noticed that 95% of the ladies that reviewed this palette range from fair to olive and therein lies my problem. I don't think these colors are for dark skinned black women (for reference I'm a NW45). I used the following colors -

Matt Lombardi
Matt Singh
Matt Rosen
Matt Malloy

My eyelids ended up looking a "Matt Grey". :( Bummer because I really really wanted to love this palette! I'll give it a few more tries but I have a feeling this will be a "gift" to one of my fair skinned friends!

Cute pakaging though.

on 2/18/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, this palette is amazing!!! just for reference, I am a woman of color whom is approximately an NC44/C6 scale, based upon Mac's shade scale. These eyeshadows are so buttery, blend amazing, and last all day! I used UD'S Eyeshadow Primer potion.

on 1/19/2015 9:59:00 PM

I bought this on ebay as I was looking for an affordable nude eye palette and this did not disappoint! The texture is creamy easy to apply and has good color payoff- only the white on this palette flaked alittle but otherwise the colors are varied and coordinate well with each other. I keep it in my office and it gives polished and profession look. well worth the price which in my view gives good mileage compared to my expensive nudes like the urban decay nude palettes....