TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

3.5

on 7/16/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I expected it to be love at first use between me and Matt(e) Nude, since it was definitely love at first sight. But it actually took me a while to get into this palette, in the end. Being in love with all thebalm products I had tried up until this one, I kept using it, and it grew on me. I'm not used to working with matte shadows, to be honest, so part of the problem might be just that. When I finally "got" this product, I started to really love the depth and definition these shadows can give the eyes. Even when I don't do an all matte look, I like to reach for this palette for a crease colour. I love the packaging, it's whimsical and cute as all thebalm packaging are, love the generous amount of shadow in there and the huge mirror. I love that the shadows are blendable and I love the mix of cold and warm toned shades. I do wish that the shadows had been a little bit more creamy and pigmented, however. It does kick up a lot of powder when you dip your brush in the shadows, and the colour payoff could (and would) be better with a more creamy/butter-y texture. It's a great matte palette to have on hand though, and I would really like to try the Meet Matt(e) Trimony, which has lovely shades and hopefully a slightly updated and better formula.

+ Cruelty free
+ Nice mix of warm toned and cool toned shadows
+ Blends well
+ A lot of product
+ BIG mirror
+ Cute packaging

- A little bit chalky and powdery
- Some shades could be a little more pigmented
- A step up from drugstore in price

on 2/20/2014 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

These are so cute. The packaging is adorable and very campy. I have hooded eyes and low brows, so I have to do my shadow patterns (and I use that word loosely) differently. Crease color NOT is a useful concept for me. I can smudge colors above the crease and can use what I want on the lid, but it will hardly show. Shimmery aren't great if you are older, so I love a matte palette. Cheep matte shadows just don't blend well I have found out. NYX has some nice pigmented matte colors, but they don't blend well. These blend really well. I could use my finger to apply to blend them it is that easy. The downside is they can smudge and there is fall out. . But, I have havre terrible eye shadow skills though is keep trying.

Most palettes have only one two color, so even my simple patterns require foraging through two palettes. Single pots are hard to store and expensive. With palettes or even quads, you often end up with dud.colors. This palette, that has three very usable and different browns (good for brows too), a smokey gray and purplish gray, a peachy pink, a white and a yellowy one (that to my surprise looks normal right under the brow). They are all usable. Woo hoo!!! The packaging is very cute and stores well. You get a decent size pan of each color (not sure how deep they go) and a large mirror. So it opens and closes easily, with a nice strong magnet and are not expensive . So I was very happy to Meet Matte in the nude and might get the other Matte set. I have had terrible luck with most shadows, especially palettes. So this just what I have been looking for.

Update: I do find these can be messy to work with, but do love the colors. Mattes are ticky. The fallout is a problem. I just don't reach for them. More of a singles girl.