TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

3.7

on 3/12/2017 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this palette about 2 years ago when it was on sale at Myer and I adored the cute packaging, I didn't know anything about the shadows but I'm so glad I purchased it. As the name suggests it's a palette full of matte, nuetral shadows. I use every single one of these shades, which is extremely rare for me with an eyeshadow palette, I usually buy a whole palette for 3 or 4 shades and leave the rest untouched but all the shades in the palette are equally amazing. For matte eyeshadows, they are VERY soft and blendable and VERY pigmented. I use the white and yellow shades mixed together as an all over base and other shadows blend flawlessly on top. The dark brown shade looks so pretty to line the lid and they all stay in place and don't transfer.
The packaging is cardboard with a mirror, the pan sizes are big so you get great value and they last a long time.
I love this palette and it's my go to everyday palette for matte shadows, I would 100% repurchase as I can't name a bad thing about this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This palette should be with every girl
Pigment, great choice of colors , lasts long
The only con is quite pricey

* buy it from feelunique ( trusted website ) , get 15% off for your first order http://referme.to/7rhE5To

on 7/20/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Let me start off by saying I LOVE The Balm and their packaging! It's so creative.

The packaging, although paperish, seems pretty heavy-duty. I would feel comfortable with putting this palette in my handbag. The magnet is sturdy and the mirror is nice and big.

You get plenty of product for the price. 25.5g in the palette, which means 2.83g per pan. Of course since I'm in Australia the price was a lot more than you'd pay in America. Not hideous but a hefty price.

I don't have the original Meet Matte but I've swatched it and I feel like the pigmentation has definitely improved since then.

The shade I wanted most, Matt Abdul, was in my opinion the least pigmented. It's still pretty good but honestly I feel you can get drugstore shades that are better.

They last a decent amount of time and do become slightly muddy if you don't use a primer, but they're great to blend.

Overall I don't think I'd purchase this palette again. I love it and reach for it frequently but I feel like the shades are VERY dupable, even with lower end makeup.

on 6/24/2016 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Having used other The Balm products I had high hopes for this - I was wrong. These are chalky and nearly unblendable. The colours when applied are mweh too. I am a real make up whore & love the whole application process but this palette took away the joy. Here in the UK we can't return products so to the bottom make up drawer this goes.

on 9/8/2015 4:48:00 AM

Ooooh i'm in love with all the Matts. Silky, pigmented, flattering (yeah, the cold grey ones are a bit harder on my yellow skin, but good to blend with other colors), blendable! So beautiful! I'm blown away, and use it daily.

Update: well... my eyes hate this one, too. So if you have sicca or overly sensitive eyes - try it before you buy it. The grey colors look on me (fair yellow skin) like bruises XD

This is a great matte pallete the shadows are quite large and you need so little shadow. I do not think I will run out of any of these shadows. I am a bit worried about the shadows braking when traveling due to the packaging that's what happened to another the balm palette I owned. I bought mine on hautelook for $18 which is really cheap for a palette that normally is $48 now that I own it and have used it for months I can say I would pay the $48 for it but before I would not have.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've eyed Meet Matte Nude for awhile and didn't feel like nine matte shades was worth the price of $42, so I went on Amazon and found it 50% off. Thebalm often has flash sales and is on other sites for a discount. I would never pay full price for their products. They're good products/formulas, but the packaging is cheap cardboard and plastic. It's a great matte palette and the shades are wearable. I really like Abdul and Hung because you don't often find those shades. Matte palettes are no longer as common as they were 10+ years ago, so I think everyone needs at least one in their collection.

@ Nancygia, you're talking about the first Meet Matte palette and not this one.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was extremely excited to try this out because
a.) Its from TheBalm and
b.) It's Matte in Nude colours (yes please)

and I honestly had no idea what the formula would be like I didn't know weather it'd be powdery or what not and when I got to use it- I was totally amazed. Like I seriously just broke up with my UD Naked 2 Palette because this is SO SO much better. It's creamier and stays on longer and you don't even need an eye primer. It's so creamy that it just really blends in smoothly and it has a soft texture airbrushed finish and it doesn't fall under your eye when you're doing a smokey eye with it and it's just truly amazing

on 3/6/2014 5:00:00 PM

I like the idea of an all-matte palette, but I don't like this particular one at all. The shadows are poor quality--lots of fallout, and they are very dry and chalky and go on unevenly. A few of the colors aren't even wearable, in my opinion, such as Matt Schilling and Matt Horowitz. When I tried to use Matt Batali wet, as a liner, the results were disastrous. It bled all over my lid and I wound up with a large fleck in my eye, even using very little water and wiping the brush.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If i could give a million stars for packaging, i would :)
Aside from that, this palette really brings the most needed matte hues together, in HUGE pans (you know, size matters ;) ) All 9 colors will be needed at some point in your life. Yesterday i spent like 10 minutes to choose which shades to wear, they all look so wearable! Colors may look boring on the pan but they look amazing on the eye (especially for day makeup) you just cannot look like a clown no matter how hard you try to fail :)

I used these with TheBalm's "put a lid on it" primer and lasted all day. Formula is somewhat powdery, but there wasn't any fallout as far as i could see.

I believe the only one that you would hesitate to use is the off-white (matt malloy) one. It's not as soft and natural as other colors. I would prefer a beige shade instead of this.

I will definitely reach for this everyday for my casual daytime look.