TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

on 11/5/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

It is a mostly cool tone palette. The lighter shades are a little on the powdery side, but the fall out is minimal. The shadows are also very buildable and they blend very smoothly and beautifully. The pans are huge in this palette so you will definitely get your money’s worth. Overall, the shades in the palettes are quite easy to work with and you can definitely do a full look with just this palette alone.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I knocked off a star for the following reasons:
1) Some of the colors i find awkward/not useful. Those colors are the stark white, the dull yellow, and the gray. I can't find a way to work these colors into my rotation and would've found a beige (brow bone highlight), a light rusty shade (warm crease color, instead of the yellow), and anything but the gray more useful. These just aren't flattering colors.
2) I wouldn't use this palette by itself -i view it as a collection of basic mattes that you would pull in for crease shades, deepening crease, liner, etc. But the colors arent vibrant enough for me to use only this palette alone.

However, this palette is soft, buttery and pigmented and easy to blend. Alot of the colors are super useful basic shades that make me pull this out (light brown, dark brown, etc), so even if you dont use this palette by itself it seriously comes in handy when doing any look.

on 6/27/2016 7:59:00 PM

I really love theBalm eye shadows. I was excited for this palette because it's all matte shades. The packaging is super cute and I'm a sucker for packaging. The shadows themselves are all very neutral/earth tones. To me, the texture is very soft and smooth. The one white shadow in the palette was slightly chalky but I was very happy with the rest. You can always get a good deal on theBalm products from overstock.com or hautelook has them on sale quite a bit. I picked this palette up for $18 and it retails for $35. These are perfect for travelling because they are sturdy and I don't have to worry about losing them since they are so affordable.

on 10/6/2015 4:24:00 PM

The eyeshadows are pigmented and nice. I like the sleek packaging.
I would have liked to have a cream colour in the palette, but like someone else mentioned, the yellow and white colour can easily be mixed to get the same effect. To make it more handy I would have liked a black colour as well.
I really do get alot of use out of the palette though! I would recommend it to a friend if they were looking for a matte neutral palette.

I picked this beauty up on Hautelook when it was only $18 (and I'm not sure if I would've paid $42 for it, even though the palette is quite nice). The shadows are completely matte, buttery smooth and blendable. I love how there's a mix of cool and warm shades, although I wish they would've thrown in a shade like MAC's Soft Brown for a transition color. Also, the peach shade and white shade are both too stark to make a good, subtle lid color for day time -- I often have to mix them to get a nice cream color. Those are my only two minor gripes with the palette. I use it a lot, whether on its own for a sleek, all matte look, or adding one of the shades to a shimmery eye. My favorite and most used shade, the reddish brown (Matt Garcia). Love the palette but won't repurchase as I don't see myself running out any time soon.

on 7/21/2014 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this palette off of Haute Look for a discounted price, at about $18, so it was a really good deal. It comes with nine nude, matte eyeshadows, and you get a lot of product in this. The palette has a pretty wide range of neutrals, from a stark white, to warm toned browns, to some taupes. I do wish there was a lighter flesh toned shadow, which is what I tend to use as a blending color. However, the palette is overall very versatile and appropriate for everyday. I love the big mirror and the clever names of the shadows. And as always, TheBalm shadows are extremely pigmented. I like this a lot more than my Stila In the Know palette, which is another neutral, matte palette.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

After watching many YouTube tutorials and hauls that included TheBalm products, I knew I had to try some. I kept my eye on Hautelook and ordered a slew of things when TheBalm made it's way onto the site. One of those items was this palette and let me tell you... all the fabulous things I had seen and heard about this palette were totally true! First off, the packaging is adorable, like all of TheBalm products. The eye shadows are each named after various Matt names. Each one is highly pigmented, creamy and with superior blendability. They stay on my lids all day - although, I admit I never apply eye shadow without a primer. What I love is that they are all practical colours that anyone could use in their makeup collection and since they are all matte, you don't have an overload of shimmer/sparkle that can sometimes be overdone. You can literally make hundreds of looks from casual/daytime to smoky to night-time glam. If you do feel that you need at least a little bit of shimmer (for the inner corners of the eyes or brow bone), use any regular face highlighter to accent the look (I LOVE the Mary Loumanizer!). To top it off, since I got it from Hautelook, the price was unbeatable and I think the value for what you get is out of this world. I would have paid full price for it. Totally recommend!