TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette
TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great quality v pigmented v blendabe. The result is great. Looks awesome with a black liquid liner. Better quality than Dior etc.

This nude palette is wonderful.The color is pigmented and not too glittering. Matt Lombardi is one of my favorite because it can cover the vein ( the blueish or greenish color on the eyelid) and it looks like my skin color ! The dark color can be used for eyebrows since the color looks so natural. The other great thing is this eyeshadow is easy to remove with makeup cleanser. Sadly, not all color can be used for a natural look.

Packaging is really good because it consisted mirror inside so you can use it anywhere you want. The base of the packaging might be a card/ carton and magnet.

Overall I really like this product for daily wear.

I get the distinct feeling, after several uses of this palette, that it was entirely conceived of be put on over eyelid primer. This peeves me to no end. Eyelid primer is great and if you like what it does to your make-up, you should use it. But no makeup product should work only if it is used in conjunction with a primer. Eyeshadow ought to stand on its own two feet. Especially at this kind of price. And this doesn't.

In the end it's kind of chalky and the colors go on dull and don't blend well. The staying power is fine, but why bother when the colors are dulling. In the end, the effect is only average -- not elegant or pretty or "hey, I just splurged on this palette, but doesn't it make my eyes pop!" The colors are interesting and diverse choices for a matte nude palette, and I really quite like the packaging (comes with a nice mirror and brush). And I've loved TheBalm's blush and bronzer products. So I'm at a loss for an explanation here. But this is not worth the investment; it's only okay.

on 1/26/2015 6:01:00 AM

For a long time I couldn't decide whether to purchase this palette, and now I'm SO glad I did.

The palette contains 9 neutral-toned matte eyeshadows in both warm and cool tones. The amount of product is huge, 25.5 g / 0.9 OZ in total, which makes this a great value (I purchased mine for about 30 ). The cardboard packaging is lightweight and comes with a sleeve and a good-sized mirror. However, it might not be ideal for traveling as cardboard's not a very durable material. Personally, I adore the light and thin cardboard packaging with the large mirror. The shadows are mica-based, talc-free and unfragranced.

As to the quality of the shadows, I'm impressed: they're very pigmented, easy to blend, pretty true to the colors in the pan, and the fallout is minimal. I find myself reaching for this palette frequently for both everyday and special occasions makeup. I use these with a primer and they last well on my lids. The colors vary from pure white to dark brown.
This is an amazing palette for people with hooded eyes or for those who want a basic, all-rounder matte palette to replenish their shimmery e/s palettes. It's also a great value for money as the pigmentation is great and the shadows are huge.

However, if you love shimmery colors or only use warm or cool colors, you might not find it as useful. Please note also that the palette does't contain a basic black eyeshadow, only a deep brown. This is also not the best palette for traveling (although it's lightweight) since it's quite big and most likely not very durable. If these aren't problems for you, I'd say that definitely try this out! :)

on 9/11/2014 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette a few months ago at a heavy discount from Hautelook.com. The discount definitely helped up my rating of this product's price. I'd be less enthusiastic if I'd payed full price.

As you can see from the picture on this website, the palette contains 9 shades of eyeshadow, mostly in earthy brown shades. They are all very, very matte, which is exactly what I wanted (shimmer eyeshadow stops being your friend after you reach a certain age). Most of the colors tend towards the warmer side and many may be too dark for fair skin, however the picture does not accurately show the colors, which are not so dark.

I am fair skinned and tend to avoid prefer cool colors and Matt Abdul is definitely my favorite color in the palette, it is a perfect cool taupe for when I want a natural look (my husband sometimes cannot tell I'm wearing any shadow when I use it, but it brings out my blue/green/gray eyes very nicely). I also use Matt Hung, which is a cool brown with a bit of purple. For my brow bone I use Matt Singh, an orangey color with Matt Maloy (a pure white) over it. Matt Singh alone does not look good on me without the white over it to make it more flesh toned. The other colors do not get a lot of use because they are too dark, and/or too warm for my skin tone. I could use some of them as liners, but Matt Lombardi, a very warm brown, and Matt Rosen, golden yellow are just not for me. That is what happens with most palettes, there are always some colors you never use.

What I love about these shadows is that they go on very smoothly and remind me of velvet. They have great staying power with no creasing and very little fading after 12 hours when I use with a primer. They are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I've used Matt Abdul every day for weeks and it barely looks touched.

The packaging is adorable and although it is made of cardboard, it has a nice sized mirror and is magnetized to stay closed when you close it.

All in all, this is my favorite eyeshadow set, specifically because of the Matt Abdul color, but I think a lot of people would find it to be a worthwhile purchase.

on 8/19/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Excellent pigmentation and very easy to blend. Shadows feel like butter and can create effortless and beautiful looks. It's great to have an all matte palette that gives you a more polished and professional appearance, or a glowing natural look. I'm so impressed with TheBalm quality, it's totally worth the price!

on 1/16/2014 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The palette is what you'd expect from the description, 9 blendable, perfectly matte neutral tones. The palette leans warm, though there is a somewhat cool darker gray (Matt Johnson), a taupe, a bright creamy white, in addition to several browns. I think one of the darker browns could have been substituted for a lighter beige, but I certainly have no problem creating a number of complete looks for the palette. I like The Balm's funky packaging, though I suspect it'd get beat up being carried around every day. The mirror is a good size, but would need to be held or leaned against something to be used while applying makeup.

on 9/9/2013 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is the best matte neutral palette on the market. It has almost every neutral color you can possibly need in a matte finish. Wait for TheBalm on Hautelook to get it for around 40-50 percent off. Don't waste money on the UD Naked Basics.