TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

4.2

on 11/5/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

It is a mostly cool tone palette. The lighter shades are a little on the powdery side, but the fall out is minimal. The shadows are also very buildable and they blend very smoothly and beautifully. The pans are huge in this palette so you will definitely get your money’s worth. Overall, the shades in the palettes are quite easy to work with and you can definitely do a full look with just this palette alone.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great quality v pigmented v blendabe. The result is great. Looks awesome with a black liquid liner. Better quality than Dior etc.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I knocked off a star for the following reasons:
1) Some of the colors i find awkward/not useful. Those colors are the stark white, the dull yellow, and the gray. I can't find a way to work these colors into my rotation and would've found a beige (brow bone highlight), a light rusty shade (warm crease color, instead of the yellow), and anything but the gray more useful. These just aren't flattering colors.
2) I wouldn't use this palette by itself -i view it as a collection of basic mattes that you would pull in for crease shades, deepening crease, liner, etc. But the colors arent vibrant enough for me to use only this palette alone.

However, this palette is soft, buttery and pigmented and easy to blend. Alot of the colors are super useful basic shades that make me pull this out (light brown, dark brown, etc), so even if you dont use this palette by itself it seriously comes in handy when doing any look.

This nude palette is wonderful.The color is pigmented and not too glittering. Matt Lombardi is one of my favorite because it can cover the vein ( the blueish or greenish color on the eyelid) and it looks like my skin color ! The dark color can be used for eyebrows since the color looks so natural. The other great thing is this eyeshadow is easy to remove with makeup cleanser. Sadly, not all color can be used for a natural look.

Packaging is really good because it consisted mirror inside so you can use it anywhere you want. The base of the packaging might be a card/ carton and magnet.

Overall I really like this product for daily wear.

on 3/12/2017 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this palette about 2 years ago when it was on sale at Myer and I adored the cute packaging, I didn't know anything about the shadows but I'm so glad I purchased it. As the name suggests it's a palette full of matte, nuetral shadows. I use every single one of these shades, which is extremely rare for me with an eyeshadow palette, I usually buy a whole palette for 3 or 4 shades and leave the rest untouched but all the shades in the palette are equally amazing. For matte eyeshadows, they are VERY soft and blendable and VERY pigmented. I use the white and yellow shades mixed together as an all over base and other shadows blend flawlessly on top. The dark brown shade looks so pretty to line the lid and they all stay in place and don't transfer.
The packaging is cardboard with a mirror, the pan sizes are big so you get great value and they last a long time.
I love this palette and it's my go to everyday palette for matte shadows, I would 100% repurchase as I can't name a bad thing about this product.

I love it

on 6/27/2016 7:59:00 PM

I really love theBalm eye shadows. I was excited for this palette because it's all matte shades. The packaging is super cute and I'm a sucker for packaging. The shadows themselves are all very neutral/earth tones. To me, the texture is very soft and smooth. The one white shadow in the palette was slightly chalky but I was very happy with the rest. You can always get a good deal on theBalm products from overstock.com or hautelook has them on sale quite a bit. I picked this palette up for $18 and it retails for $35. These are perfect for travelling because they are sturdy and I don't have to worry about losing them since they are so affordable.

on 7/16/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I expected it to be love at first use between me and Matt(e) Nude, since it was definitely love at first sight. But it actually took me a while to get into this palette, in the end. Being in love with all thebalm products I had tried up until this one, I kept using it, and it grew on me. I'm not used to working with matte shadows, to be honest, so part of the problem might be just that. When I finally "got" this product, I started to really love the depth and definition these shadows can give the eyes. Even when I don't do an all matte look, I like to reach for this palette for a crease colour. I love the packaging, it's whimsical and cute as all thebalm packaging are, love the generous amount of shadow in there and the huge mirror. I love that the shadows are blendable and I love the mix of cold and warm toned shades. I do wish that the shadows had been a little bit more creamy and pigmented, however. It does kick up a lot of powder when you dip your brush in the shadows, and the colour payoff could (and would) be better with a more creamy/butter-y texture. It's a great matte palette to have on hand though, and I would really like to try the Meet Matt(e) Trimony, which has lovely shades and hopefully a slightly updated and better formula.

+ Cruelty free
+ Nice mix of warm toned and cool toned shadows
+ Blends well
+ A lot of product
+ BIG mirror
+ Cute packaging

- A little bit chalky and powdery
- Some shades could be a little more pigmented
- A step up from drugstore in price

on 7/20/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Let me start off by saying I LOVE The Balm and their packaging! It's so creative.

The packaging, although paperish, seems pretty heavy-duty. I would feel comfortable with putting this palette in my handbag. The magnet is sturdy and the mirror is nice and big.

You get plenty of product for the price. 25.5g in the palette, which means 2.83g per pan. Of course since I'm in Australia the price was a lot more than you'd pay in America. Not hideous but a hefty price.

I don't have the original Meet Matte but I've swatched it and I feel like the pigmentation has definitely improved since then.

The shade I wanted most, Matt Abdul, was in my opinion the least pigmented. It's still pretty good but honestly I feel you can get drugstore shades that are better.

They last a decent amount of time and do become slightly muddy if you don't use a primer, but they're great to blend.

Overall I don't think I'd purchase this palette again. I love it and reach for it frequently but I feel like the shades are VERY dupable, even with lower end makeup.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This palette should be with every girl
Pigment, great choice of colors , lasts long
The only con is quite pricey

* buy it from feelunique ( trusted website ) , get 15% off for your first order http://referme.to/7rhE5To