TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette
TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great quality v pigmented v blendabe. The result is great. Looks awesome with a black liquid liner. Better quality than Dior etc.

on 7/20/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Let me start off by saying I LOVE The Balm and their packaging! It's so creative.

The packaging, although paperish, seems pretty heavy-duty. I would feel comfortable with putting this palette in my handbag. The magnet is sturdy and the mirror is nice and big.

You get plenty of product for the price. 25.5g in the palette, which means 2.83g per pan. Of course since I'm in Australia the price was a lot more than you'd pay in America. Not hideous but a hefty price.

I don't have the original Meet Matte but I've swatched it and I feel like the pigmentation has definitely improved since then.

The shade I wanted most, Matt Abdul, was in my opinion the least pigmented. It's still pretty good but honestly I feel you can get drugstore shades that are better.

They last a decent amount of time and do become slightly muddy if you don't use a primer, but they're great to blend.

Overall I don't think I'd purchase this palette again. I love it and reach for it frequently but I feel like the shades are VERY dupable, even with lower end makeup.

I get the distinct feeling, after several uses of this palette, that it was entirely conceived of be put on over eyelid primer. This peeves me to no end. Eyelid primer is great and if you like what it does to your make-up, you should use it. But no makeup product should work only if it is used in conjunction with a primer. Eyeshadow ought to stand on its own two feet. Especially at this kind of price. And this doesn't.

In the end it's kind of chalky and the colors go on dull and don't blend well. The staying power is fine, but why bother when the colors are dulling. In the end, the effect is only average -- not elegant or pretty or "hey, I just splurged on this palette, but doesn't it make my eyes pop!" The colors are interesting and diverse choices for a matte nude palette, and I really quite like the packaging (comes with a nice mirror and brush). And I've loved TheBalm's blush and bronzer products. So I'm at a loss for an explanation here. But this is not worth the investment; it's only okay.

on 9/11/2014 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette a few months ago at a heavy discount from Hautelook.com. The discount definitely helped up my rating of this product's price. I'd be less enthusiastic if I'd payed full price.

As you can see from the picture on this website, the palette contains 9 shades of eyeshadow, mostly in earthy brown shades. They are all very, very matte, which is exactly what I wanted (shimmer eyeshadow stops being your friend after you reach a certain age). Most of the colors tend towards the warmer side and many may be too dark for fair skin, however the picture does not accurately show the colors, which are not so dark.

I am fair skinned and tend to avoid prefer cool colors and Matt Abdul is definitely my favorite color in the palette, it is a perfect cool taupe for when I want a natural look (my husband sometimes cannot tell I'm wearing any shadow when I use it, but it brings out my blue/green/gray eyes very nicely). I also use Matt Hung, which is a cool brown with a bit of purple. For my brow bone I use Matt Singh, an orangey color with Matt Maloy (a pure white) over it. Matt Singh alone does not look good on me without the white over it to make it more flesh toned. The other colors do not get a lot of use because they are too dark, and/or too warm for my skin tone. I could use some of them as liners, but Matt Lombardi, a very warm brown, and Matt Rosen, golden yellow are just not for me. That is what happens with most palettes, there are always some colors you never use.

What I love about these shadows is that they go on very smoothly and remind me of velvet. They have great staying power with no creasing and very little fading after 12 hours when I use with a primer. They are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I've used Matt Abdul every day for weeks and it barely looks touched.

The packaging is adorable and although it is made of cardboard, it has a nice sized mirror and is magnetized to stay closed when you close it.

All in all, this is my favorite eyeshadow set, specifically because of the Matt Abdul color, but I think a lot of people would find it to be a worthwhile purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Most useful palette I'd ever have. There are several reasons why I think it is. First, A+ for the packaging. It holds a lot of product in a thin and sturdy cardboard packaging. It is also light weight and is about the same size as an ipad mini, which makes it a very easy product to carry around. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and the formula is great with minimal fall out. The colors are perfect, you can make a million looks with this palette alone or pair it with other eyeshadows. The darker colors can be use as eyeliner and the lighter ones like Matte Singh and Matte Lombardi can be used as an all over lid shadow or transitioning shadow. The slightly darker mauve color, like Matte Abdul and Matte Hung can be use on the outer corner of the eyelids. I use this palette everyday and I love it. I highly recommend it.