TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

on 7/16/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I expected it to be love at first use between me and Matt(e) Nude, since it was definitely love at first sight. But it actually took me a while to get into this palette, in the end. Being in love with all thebalm products I had tried up until this one, I kept using it, and it grew on me. I'm not used to working with matte shadows, to be honest, so part of the problem might be just that. When I finally "got" this product, I started to really love the depth and definition these shadows can give the eyes. Even when I don't do an all matte look, I like to reach for this palette for a crease colour. I love the packaging, it's whimsical and cute as all thebalm packaging are, love the generous amount of shadow in there and the huge mirror. I love that the shadows are blendable and I love the mix of cold and warm toned shades. I do wish that the shadows had been a little bit more creamy and pigmented, however. It does kick up a lot of powder when you dip your brush in the shadows, and the colour payoff could (and would) be better with a more creamy/butter-y texture. It's a great matte palette to have on hand though, and I would really like to try the Meet Matt(e) Trimony, which has lovely shades and hopefully a slightly updated and better formula.

+ Cruelty free
+ Nice mix of warm toned and cool toned shadows
+ Blends well
+ A lot of product
+ BIG mirror
+ Cute packaging

- A little bit chalky and powdery
- Some shades could be a little more pigmented
- A step up from drugstore in price

on 8/19/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Excellent pigmentation and very easy to blend. Shadows feel like butter and can create effortless and beautiful looks. It's great to have an all matte palette that gives you a more polished and professional appearance, or a glowing natural look. I'm so impressed with TheBalm quality, it's totally worth the price!

on 11/17/2013 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love the colors of this palette. I think they are beautiful! I also think the packaging of the palette is cute! It has a nice big mirror and the pan sizes are amazing! That is about the end of the pros for me however. I've had this palette for so long now and I never find myself reaching for it. I find it so chalky and hard to blend. I also find that the pigmentation just isn't up to par with other eyeshadows I own. I don't recommend this palette and for the price I think you have way better options out there.

on 9/9/2013 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is the best matte neutral palette on the market. It has almost every neutral color you can possibly need in a matte finish. Wait for TheBalm on Hautelook to get it for around 40-50 percent off. Don't waste money on the UD Naked Basics.