TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination
TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette
TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

4.1

This nude palette is wonderful.The color is pigmented and not too glittering. Matt Lombardi is one of my favorite because it can cover the vein ( the blueish or greenish color on the eyelid) and it looks like my skin color ! The dark color can be used for eyebrows since the color looks so natural. The other great thing is this eyeshadow is easy to remove with makeup cleanser. Sadly, not all color can be used for a natural look.

Packaging is really good because it consisted mirror inside so you can use it anywhere you want. The base of the packaging might be a card/ carton and magnet.

Overall I really like this product for daily wear.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I knocked off a star for the following reasons:
1) Some of the colors i find awkward/not useful. Those colors are the stark white, the dull yellow, and the gray. I can't find a way to work these colors into my rotation and would've found a beige (brow bone highlight), a light rusty shade (warm crease color, instead of the yellow), and anything but the gray more useful. These just aren't flattering colors.
2) I wouldn't use this palette by itself -i view it as a collection of basic mattes that you would pull in for crease shades, deepening crease, liner, etc. But the colors arent vibrant enough for me to use only this palette alone.

However, this palette is soft, buttery and pigmented and easy to blend. Alot of the colors are super useful basic shades that make me pull this out (light brown, dark brown, etc), so even if you dont use this palette by itself it seriously comes in handy when doing any look.

on 6/27/2016 7:59:00 PM

I really love theBalm eye shadows. I was excited for this palette because it's all matte shades. The packaging is super cute and I'm a sucker for packaging. The shadows themselves are all very neutral/earth tones. To me, the texture is very soft and smooth. The one white shadow in the palette was slightly chalky but I was very happy with the rest. You can always get a good deal on theBalm products from overstock.com or hautelook has them on sale quite a bit. I picked this palette up for $18 and it retails for $35. These are perfect for travelling because they are sturdy and I don't have to worry about losing them since they are so affordable.

on 3/25/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

its just ok. middle in the road palette.

The pigmentation is amazing, there are some great colors and I can create some great looks with it. Love it

on 10/6/2015 4:24:00 PM

The eyeshadows are pigmented and nice. I like the sleek packaging.
I would have liked to have a cream colour in the palette, but like someone else mentioned, the yellow and white colour can easily be mixed to get the same effect. To make it more handy I would have liked a black colour as well.
I really do get alot of use out of the palette though! I would recommend it to a friend if they were looking for a matte neutral palette.

on 9/8/2015 4:48:00 AM

Ooooh i'm in love with all the Matts. Silky, pigmented, flattering (yeah, the cold grey ones are a bit harder on my yellow skin, but good to blend with other colors), blendable! So beautiful! I'm blown away, and use it daily.

Update: well... my eyes hate this one, too. So if you have sicca or overly sensitive eyes - try it before you buy it. The grey colors look on me (fair yellow skin) like bruises XD

on 1/26/2015 6:01:00 AM

For a long time I couldn't decide whether to purchase this palette, and now I'm SO glad I did.

The palette contains 9 neutral-toned matte eyeshadows in both warm and cool tones. The amount of product is huge, 25.5 g / 0.9 OZ in total, which makes this a great value (I purchased mine for about 30 ). The cardboard packaging is lightweight and comes with a sleeve and a good-sized mirror. However, it might not be ideal for traveling as cardboard's not a very durable material. Personally, I adore the light and thin cardboard packaging with the large mirror. The shadows are mica-based, talc-free and unfragranced.

As to the quality of the shadows, I'm impressed: they're very pigmented, easy to blend, pretty true to the colors in the pan, and the fallout is minimal. I find myself reaching for this palette frequently for both everyday and special occasions makeup. I use these with a primer and they last well on my lids. The colors vary from pure white to dark brown.
This is an amazing palette for people with hooded eyes or for those who want a basic, all-rounder matte palette to replenish their shimmery e/s palettes. It's also a great value for money as the pigmentation is great and the shadows are huge.

However, if you love shimmery colors or only use warm or cool colors, you might not find it as useful. Please note also that the palette does't contain a basic black eyeshadow, only a deep brown. This is also not the best palette for traveling (although it's lightweight) since it's quite big and most likely not very durable. If these aren't problems for you, I'd say that definitely try this out! :)

on 1/19/2015 9:59:00 PM

I bought this on ebay as I was looking for an affordable nude eye palette and this did not disappoint! The texture is creamy easy to apply and has good color payoff- only the white on this palette flaked alittle but otherwise the colors are varied and coordinate well with each other. I keep it in my office and it gives polished and profession look. well worth the price which in my view gives good mileage compared to my expensive nudes like the urban decay nude palettes....

I picked this beauty up on Hautelook when it was only $18 (and I'm not sure if I would've paid $42 for it, even though the palette is quite nice). The shadows are completely matte, buttery smooth and blendable. I love how there's a mix of cool and warm shades, although I wish they would've thrown in a shade like MAC's Soft Brown for a transition color. Also, the peach shade and white shade are both too stark to make a good, subtle lid color for day time -- I often have to mix them to get a nice cream color. Those are my only two minor gripes with the palette. I use it a lot, whether on its own for a sleek, all matte look, or adding one of the shades to a shimmery eye. My favorite and most used shade, the reddish brown (Matt Garcia). Love the palette but won't repurchase as I don't see myself running out any time soon.