TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

on 3/3/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Aww man! I guess I'm the minority when it comes to this palette (literally and figuritively) :p

Sorry, I really don't like this palette. Don't get me wrong, it does have staying power and it doesn't crease even with OUT primer, but sadly on me the colors are VERY dull and muted. Now I noticed that 95% of the ladies that reviewed this palette range from fair to olive and therein lies my problem. I don't think these colors are for dark skinned black women (for reference I'm a NW45). I used the following colors -

Matt Lombardi
Matt Singh
Matt Rosen
Matt Malloy

My eyelids ended up looking a "Matt Grey". :( Bummer because I really really wanted to love this palette! I'll give it a few more tries but I have a feeling this will be a "gift" to one of my fair skinned friends!

Cute pakaging though.

on 1/16/2014 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The palette is what you'd expect from the description, 9 blendable, perfectly matte neutral tones. The palette leans warm, though there is a somewhat cool darker gray (Matt Johnson), a taupe, a bright creamy white, in addition to several browns. I think one of the darker browns could have been substituted for a lighter beige, but I certainly have no problem creating a number of complete looks for the palette. I like The Balm's funky packaging, though I suspect it'd get beat up being carried around every day. The mirror is a good size, but would need to be held or leaned against something to be used while applying makeup.