TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette
TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

on 3/12/2017 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this palette about 2 years ago when it was on sale at Myer and I adored the cute packaging, I didn't know anything about the shadows but I'm so glad I purchased it. As the name suggests it's a palette full of matte, nuetral shadows. I use every single one of these shades, which is extremely rare for me with an eyeshadow palette, I usually buy a whole palette for 3 or 4 shades and leave the rest untouched but all the shades in the palette are equally amazing. For matte eyeshadows, they are VERY soft and blendable and VERY pigmented. I use the white and yellow shades mixed together as an all over base and other shadows blend flawlessly on top. The dark brown shade looks so pretty to line the lid and they all stay in place and don't transfer.
The packaging is cardboard with a mirror, the pan sizes are big so you get great value and they last a long time.
I love this palette and it's my go to everyday palette for matte shadows, I would 100% repurchase as I can't name a bad thing about this product.

on 7/20/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Let me start off by saying I LOVE The Balm and their packaging! It's so creative.

The packaging, although paperish, seems pretty heavy-duty. I would feel comfortable with putting this palette in my handbag. The magnet is sturdy and the mirror is nice and big.

You get plenty of product for the price. 25.5g in the palette, which means 2.83g per pan. Of course since I'm in Australia the price was a lot more than you'd pay in America. Not hideous but a hefty price.

I don't have the original Meet Matte but I've swatched it and I feel like the pigmentation has definitely improved since then.

The shade I wanted most, Matt Abdul, was in my opinion the least pigmented. It's still pretty good but honestly I feel you can get drugstore shades that are better.

They last a decent amount of time and do become slightly muddy if you don't use a primer, but they're great to blend.

Overall I don't think I'd purchase this palette again. I love it and reach for it frequently but I feel like the shades are VERY dupable, even with lower end makeup.

on 7/16/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I expected it to be love at first use between me and Matt(e) Nude, since it was definitely love at first sight. But it actually took me a while to get into this palette, in the end. Being in love with all thebalm products I had tried up until this one, I kept using it, and it grew on me. I'm not used to working with matte shadows, to be honest, so part of the problem might be just that. When I finally "got" this product, I started to really love the depth and definition these shadows can give the eyes. Even when I don't do an all matte look, I like to reach for this palette for a crease colour. I love the packaging, it's whimsical and cute as all thebalm packaging are, love the generous amount of shadow in there and the huge mirror. I love that the shadows are blendable and I love the mix of cold and warm toned shades. I do wish that the shadows had been a little bit more creamy and pigmented, however. It does kick up a lot of powder when you dip your brush in the shadows, and the colour payoff could (and would) be better with a more creamy/butter-y texture. It's a great matte palette to have on hand though, and I would really like to try the Meet Matt(e) Trimony, which has lovely shades and hopefully a slightly updated and better formula.

+ Cruelty free
+ Nice mix of warm toned and cool toned shadows
+ Blends well
+ A lot of product
+ BIG mirror
+ Cute packaging

- A little bit chalky and powdery
- Some shades could be a little more pigmented
- A step up from drugstore in price

on 6/27/2016 7:59:00 PM

I really love theBalm eye shadows. I was excited for this palette because it's all matte shades. The packaging is super cute and I'm a sucker for packaging. The shadows themselves are all very neutral/earth tones. To me, the texture is very soft and smooth. The one white shadow in the palette was slightly chalky but I was very happy with the rest. You can always get a good deal on theBalm products from overstock.com or hautelook has them on sale quite a bit. I picked this palette up for $18 and it retails for $35. These are perfect for travelling because they are sturdy and I don't have to worry about losing them since they are so affordable.

I get the distinct feeling, after several uses of this palette, that it was entirely conceived of be put on over eyelid primer. This peeves me to no end. Eyelid primer is great and if you like what it does to your make-up, you should use it. But no makeup product should work only if it is used in conjunction with a primer. Eyeshadow ought to stand on its own two feet. Especially at this kind of price. And this doesn't.

In the end it's kind of chalky and the colors go on dull and don't blend well. The staying power is fine, but why bother when the colors are dulling. In the end, the effect is only average -- not elegant or pretty or "hey, I just splurged on this palette, but doesn't it make my eyes pop!" The colors are interesting and diverse choices for a matte nude palette, and I really quite like the packaging (comes with a nice mirror and brush). And I've loved TheBalm's blush and bronzer products. So I'm at a loss for an explanation here. But this is not worth the investment; it's only okay.

on 10/6/2015 4:24:00 PM

The eyeshadows are pigmented and nice. I like the sleek packaging.
I would have liked to have a cream colour in the palette, but like someone else mentioned, the yellow and white colour can easily be mixed to get the same effect. To make it more handy I would have liked a black colour as well.
I really do get alot of use out of the palette though! I would recommend it to a friend if they were looking for a matte neutral palette.

on 9/8/2015 4:48:00 AM

Ooooh i'm in love with all the Matts. Silky, pigmented, flattering (yeah, the cold grey ones are a bit harder on my yellow skin, but good to blend with other colors), blendable! So beautiful! I'm blown away, and use it daily.

Update: well... my eyes hate this one, too. So if you have sicca or overly sensitive eyes - try it before you buy it. The grey colors look on me (fair yellow skin) like bruises XD

on 1/26/2015 6:01:00 AM

For a long time I couldn't decide whether to purchase this palette, and now I'm SO glad I did.

The palette contains 9 neutral-toned matte eyeshadows in both warm and cool tones. The amount of product is huge, 25.5 g / 0.9 OZ in total, which makes this a great value (I purchased mine for about 30 ). The cardboard packaging is lightweight and comes with a sleeve and a good-sized mirror. However, it might not be ideal for traveling as cardboard's not a very durable material. Personally, I adore the light and thin cardboard packaging with the large mirror. The shadows are mica-based, talc-free and unfragranced.

As to the quality of the shadows, I'm impressed: they're very pigmented, easy to blend, pretty true to the colors in the pan, and the fallout is minimal. I find myself reaching for this palette frequently for both everyday and special occasions makeup. I use these with a primer and they last well on my lids. The colors vary from pure white to dark brown.
This is an amazing palette for people with hooded eyes or for those who want a basic, all-rounder matte palette to replenish their shimmery e/s palettes. It's also a great value for money as the pigmentation is great and the shadows are huge.

However, if you love shimmery colors or only use warm or cool colors, you might not find it as useful. Please note also that the palette does't contain a basic black eyeshadow, only a deep brown. This is also not the best palette for traveling (although it's lightweight) since it's quite big and most likely not very durable. If these aren't problems for you, I'd say that definitely try this out! :)

I picked this beauty up on Hautelook when it was only $18 (and I'm not sure if I would've paid $42 for it, even though the palette is quite nice). The shadows are completely matte, buttery smooth and blendable. I love how there's a mix of cool and warm shades, although I wish they would've thrown in a shade like MAC's Soft Brown for a transition color. Also, the peach shade and white shade are both too stark to make a good, subtle lid color for day time -- I often have to mix them to get a nice cream color. Those are my only two minor gripes with the palette. I use it a lot, whether on its own for a sleek, all matte look, or adding one of the shades to a shimmery eye. My favorite and most used shade, the reddish brown (Matt Garcia). Love the palette but won't repurchase as I don't see myself running out any time soon.

This is a great matte pallete the shadows are quite large and you need so little shadow. I do not think I will run out of any of these shadows. I am a bit worried about the shadows braking when traveling due to the packaging that's what happened to another the balm palette I owned. I bought mine on hautelook for $18 which is really cheap for a palette that normally is $48 now that I own it and have used it for months I can say I would pay the $48 for it but before I would not have.