TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

4.2

on 6/24/2016 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Having used other The Balm products I had high hopes for this - I was wrong. These are chalky and nearly unblendable. The colours when applied are mweh too. I am a real make up whore & love the whole application process but this palette took away the joy. Here in the UK we can't return products so to the bottom make up drawer this goes.

on 3/6/2014 5:00:00 PM

I like the idea of an all-matte palette, but I don't like this particular one at all. The shadows are poor quality--lots of fallout, and they are very dry and chalky and go on unevenly. A few of the colors aren't even wearable, in my opinion, such as Matt Schilling and Matt Horowitz. When I tried to use Matt Batali wet, as a liner, the results were disastrous. It bled all over my lid and I wound up with a large fleck in my eye, even using very little water and wiping the brush.

on 11/5/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

It is a mostly cool tone palette. The lighter shades are a little on the powdery side, but the fall out is minimal. The shadows are also very buildable and they blend very smoothly and beautifully. The pans are huge in this palette so you will definitely get your money’s worth. Overall, the shades in the palettes are quite easy to work with and you can definitely do a full look with just this palette alone.

on 7/20/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Let me start off by saying I LOVE The Balm and their packaging! It's so creative.

The packaging, although paperish, seems pretty heavy-duty. I would feel comfortable with putting this palette in my handbag. The magnet is sturdy and the mirror is nice and big.

You get plenty of product for the price. 25.5g in the palette, which means 2.83g per pan. Of course since I'm in Australia the price was a lot more than you'd pay in America. Not hideous but a hefty price.

I don't have the original Meet Matte but I've swatched it and I feel like the pigmentation has definitely improved since then.

The shade I wanted most, Matt Abdul, was in my opinion the least pigmented. It's still pretty good but honestly I feel you can get drugstore shades that are better.

They last a decent amount of time and do become slightly muddy if you don't use a primer, but they're great to blend.

Overall I don't think I'd purchase this palette again. I love it and reach for it frequently but I feel like the shades are VERY dupable, even with lower end makeup.

on 3/25/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

its just ok. middle in the road palette.

I get the distinct feeling, after several uses of this palette, that it was entirely conceived of be put on over eyelid primer. This peeves me to no end. Eyelid primer is great and if you like what it does to your make-up, you should use it. But no makeup product should work only if it is used in conjunction with a primer. Eyeshadow ought to stand on its own two feet. Especially at this kind of price. And this doesn't.

In the end it's kind of chalky and the colors go on dull and don't blend well. The staying power is fine, but why bother when the colors are dulling. In the end, the effect is only average -- not elegant or pretty or "hey, I just splurged on this palette, but doesn't it make my eyes pop!" The colors are interesting and diverse choices for a matte nude palette, and I really quite like the packaging (comes with a nice mirror and brush). And I've loved TheBalm's blush and bronzer products. So I'm at a loss for an explanation here. But this is not worth the investment; it's only okay.

on 3/3/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Aww man! I guess I'm the minority when it comes to this palette (literally and figuritively) :p

Sorry, I really don't like this palette. Don't get me wrong, it does have staying power and it doesn't crease even with OUT primer, but sadly on me the colors are VERY dull and muted. Now I noticed that 95% of the ladies that reviewed this palette range from fair to olive and therein lies my problem. I don't think these colors are for dark skinned black women (for reference I'm a NW45). I used the following colors -

Matt Lombardi
Matt Singh
Matt Rosen
Matt Malloy

My eyelids ended up looking a "Matt Grey". :( Bummer because I really really wanted to love this palette! I'll give it a few more tries but I have a feeling this will be a "gift" to one of my fair skinned friends!

Cute pakaging though.

on 2/20/2014 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

These are so cute. The packaging is adorable and very campy. I have hooded eyes and low brows, so I have to do my shadow patterns (and I use that word loosely) differently. Crease color NOT is a useful concept for me. I can smudge colors above the crease and can use what I want on the lid, but it will hardly show. Shimmery aren't great if you are older, so I love a matte palette. Cheep matte shadows just don't blend well I have found out. NYX has some nice pigmented matte colors, but they don't blend well. These blend really well. I could use my finger to apply to blend them it is that easy. The downside is they can smudge and there is fall out. . But, I have havre terrible eye shadow skills though is keep trying.

Most palettes have only one two color, so even my simple patterns require foraging through two palettes. Single pots are hard to store and expensive. With palettes or even quads, you often end up with dud.colors. This palette, that has three very usable and different browns (good for brows too), a smokey gray and purplish gray, a peachy pink, a white and a yellowy one (that to my surprise looks normal right under the brow). They are all usable. Woo hoo!!! The packaging is very cute and stores well. You get a decent size pan of each color (not sure how deep they go) and a large mirror. So it opens and closes easily, with a nice strong magnet and are not expensive . So I was very happy to Meet Matte in the nude and might get the other Matte set. I have had terrible luck with most shadows, especially palettes. So this just what I have been looking for.

Update: I do find these can be messy to work with, but do love the colors. Mattes are ticky. The fallout is a problem. I just don't reach for them. More of a singles girl.

on 11/17/2013 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love the colors of this palette. I think they are beautiful! I also think the packaging of the palette is cute! It has a nice big mirror and the pan sizes are amazing! That is about the end of the pros for me however. I've had this palette for so long now and I never find myself reaching for it. I find it so chalky and hard to blend. I also find that the pigmentation just isn't up to par with other eyeshadows I own. I don't recommend this palette and for the price I think you have way better options out there.

This nude palette is wonderful.The color is pigmented and not too glittering. Matt Lombardi is one of my favorite because it can cover the vein ( the blueish or greenish color on the eyelid) and it looks like my skin color ! The dark color can be used for eyebrows since the color looks so natural. The other great thing is this eyeshadow is easy to remove with makeup cleanser. Sadly, not all color can be used for a natural look.

Packaging is really good because it consisted mirror inside so you can use it anywhere you want. The base of the packaging might be a card/ carton and magnet.

Overall I really like this product for daily wear.