TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

3.0

1 review

on 2/20/2014 4:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

These are so cute. The packaging is adorable and very campy. I have hooded eyes and low brows, so I have to do my shadow patterns (and I use that word loosely) differently. Crease color NOT is a useful concept for me. I can smudge colors above the crease and can use what I want on the lid, but it will hardly show. Shimmery aren't great if you are older, so I love a matte palette. Cheep matte shadows just don't blend well I have found out. NYX has some nice pigmented matte colors, but they don't blend well. These blend really well. I could use my finger to apply to blend them it is that easy. The downside is they can smudge and there is fall out. . But, I have havre terrible eye shadow skills though is keep trying.

Most palettes have only one two color, so even my simple patterns require foraging through two palettes. Single pots are hard to store and expensive. With palettes or even quads, you often end up with dud.colors. This palette, that has three very usable and different browns (good for brows too), a smokey gray and purplish gray, a peachy pink, a white and a yellowy one (that to my surprise looks normal right under the brow). They are all usable. Woo hoo!!! The packaging is very cute and stores well. You get a decent size pan of each color (not sure how deep they go) and a large mirror. So it opens and closes easily, with a nice strong magnet and are not expensive . So I was very happy to Meet Matte in the nude and might get the other Matte set. I have had terrible luck with most shadows, especially palettes. So this just what I have been looking for.

Update: I do find these can be messy to work with, but do love the colors. Mattes are ticky. The fallout is a problem. I just don't reach for them. More of a singles girl.