theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

1 review

on 9/11/2014 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette a few months ago at a heavy discount from Hautelook.com. The discount definitely helped up my rating of this product's price. I'd be less enthusiastic if I'd payed full price.

As you can see from the picture on this website, the palette contains 9 shades of eyeshadow, mostly in earthy brown shades. They are all very, very matte, which is exactly what I wanted (shimmer eyeshadow stops being your friend after you reach a certain age). Most of the colors tend towards the warmer side and many may be too dark for fair skin, however the picture does not accurately show the colors, which are not so dark.

I am fair skinned and tend to avoid prefer cool colors and Matt Abdul is definitely my favorite color in the palette, it is a perfect cool taupe for when I want a natural look (my husband sometimes cannot tell I'm wearing any shadow when I use it, but it brings out my blue/green/gray eyes very nicely). I also use Matt Hung, which is a cool brown with a bit of purple. For my brow bone I use Matt Singh, an orangey color with Matt Maloy (a pure white) over it. Matt Singh alone does not look good on me without the white over it to make it more flesh toned. The other colors do not get a lot of use because they are too dark, and/or too warm for my skin tone. I could use some of them as liners, but Matt Lombardi, a very warm brown, and Matt Rosen, golden yellow are just not for me. That is what happens with most palettes, there are always some colors you never use.

What I love about these shadows is that they go on very smoothly and remind me of velvet. They have great staying power with no creasing and very little fading after 12 hours when I use with a primer. They are highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. I've used Matt Abdul every day for weeks and it barely looks touched.

The packaging is adorable and although it is made of cardboard, it has a nice sized mirror and is magnetized to stay closed when you close it.

All in all, this is my favorite eyeshadow set, specifically because of the Matt Abdul color, but I think a lot of people would find it to be a worthwhile purchase.