TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette

Filtered by age: 30-35
TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette
TheBalm MMN inside/eyeshadowsTheBalm MMN frontTheBalm MMN back/ingredients

4.5

The pigmentation is amazing, there are some great colors and I can create some great looks with it. Love it

I picked this beauty up on Hautelook when it was only $18 (and I'm not sure if I would've paid $42 for it, even though the palette is quite nice). The shadows are completely matte, buttery smooth and blendable. I love how there's a mix of cool and warm shades, although I wish they would've thrown in a shade like MAC's Soft Brown for a transition color. Also, the peach shade and white shade are both too stark to make a good, subtle lid color for day time -- I often have to mix them to get a nice cream color. Those are my only two minor gripes with the palette. I use it a lot, whether on its own for a sleek, all matte look, or adding one of the shades to a shimmery eye. My favorite and most used shade, the reddish brown (Matt Garcia). Love the palette but won't repurchase as I don't see myself running out any time soon.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've eyed Meet Matte Nude for awhile and didn't feel like nine matte shades was worth the price of $42, so I went on Amazon and found it 50% off. Thebalm often has flash sales and is on other sites for a discount. I would never pay full price for their products. They're good products/formulas, but the packaging is cheap cardboard and plastic. It's a great matte palette and the shades are wearable. I really like Abdul and Hung because you don't often find those shades. Matte palettes are no longer as common as they were 10+ years ago, so I think everyone needs at least one in their collection.

@ Nancygia, you're talking about the first Meet Matte palette and not this one.

on 1/16/2014 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The palette is what you'd expect from the description, 9 blendable, perfectly matte neutral tones. The palette leans warm, though there is a somewhat cool darker gray (Matt Johnson), a taupe, a bright creamy white, in addition to several browns. I think one of the darker browns could have been substituted for a lighter beige, but I certainly have no problem creating a number of complete looks for the palette. I like The Balm's funky packaging, though I suspect it'd get beat up being carried around every day. The mirror is a good size, but would need to be held or leaned against something to be used while applying makeup.