3.8

price range

Reviews

from

21 days ago

This mascara just didn't work for me. It went on a little clumpy but was able to brush the clumps out easily with the brush. It did okay with lengthening, not fullness or volume. I also found that the mascara wasn't very buildable with successive coats either. It also didn't do well during the workday with a fair amount of flaking.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

2 months ago

This is an ok mascara if you like a thicker formula to deliver volume and give you a pretty dramatic look. It's clumpy but in a good way, if that makes any sense. The wand has good lash separation even with the thick layer of product it deposits. I prefer the slightly narrower wand on the sample size though as it gets to my baby lashes a lot better. This mascara works on volume rather than length in my experience. I already have long lashes with ok volume and this enhanced the volume but didn't add much to the length. I didn't experience flaking or irritation and the non waterproof version is easy to remove with soap and water which is always a good thing. However, I docked a couple lippies because first, it didn't work for my oily lids which caused the mascara to smudge by afternoon. This factor alone isn't a total deal breaker though as I can remedy that issue with a primer. Secondly, I have naturally straight lashes and the non waterproof version makes my curl fall, again necessitating the use of a primer first or my lash curler. I'd rather not use a primer because it's an extra step I have to do in the morning. Also, I prefer mascaras that deliver volume in a cleaner manner rather than a slop of thick coat. The black color is a good rich black although not the best I've seen. Conclusion: if you like your lashes to pop and don't mind a slightly thicker formula, I think you would like this, especially after two coats.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 months ago

Finding the perfect mascara shouldn't be too difficult, as long as the formula is patterned, the only other variable to consider is the brush design (different brushes coats lashes differently thus can be tailored to your lashes). My lashes are long and straight (C/L Curl) and I prefer my lashes to be thickly coated rather than fluttery and wispy. Pro It’s better feature is that it separates the lashes/ coats them individually. Making the lashes appear thicker and bountiful. Lasts all day. Con Expensive. Can dry up quickly if left open too long. Recommended for straight and sparse lashes. Best mascara I have ever tried for lash separation and thickening.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3 months ago

Goes on pretty wet (that's what she said?) It did a pretty good job lengthening, but didn't give much volume. I will give it respect in that it didn't clump. The brush is a definite love or hate. It's the "harder comb types". Personaly I didn't go for it because I want the full lush look, nooooot the long straggly skinny lash look.

About reviewer (232 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

5 months ago

Creamy texture, neither wet nor dry. No volume and doesn't build well. But good length and definition. Clump free, separates lashes well. Holds a curl. Doesn't flake. Probably won't repurchase as its pricey and hard to get hold of. The nearest MAC store is 500 km away.

About reviewer (1240 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

9 months ago

This is a great mascara for length and volume. My lashes look fuller and longer when I use this. The brush is great but its also nothing to write home about. You might like this wand and you might hate it. The formula is a bit wet to start off with but after a few uses it gets better and easier to contol. Its worth a try.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I have mixed feelings about this, but in the end, it does the one thing that makes any mascara a no for me: Makes me look like a panda. On application, it separates beautifully. It didn't really thicken much. It gave me a pretty, fluttery look. No clumping at all. I found the brush easy to work with. But I wore it to go shopping, and after just a few hours, I looked in the mirror and realized I looked like I was out all night drinking and went home and slept in my makeup. I just had the really bad panda-eye look. That's why I never, ever wear a new mascara to work to test it out for the first wear. So it's a pass for me. If you are a person who doesn't have the panda problem (this is a very common problem for me, and there are few mascaras that I can wear successfully), it's worth a try. It's not a bad mascara. It's just bad for me.

About reviewer (497 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

I got the mini size as part of a kit from Ulta and I must say I really like this mascara. It's a bit wet and it would be nice if it were waterproof but overall I am satisfied with the performance and wear. I get nice length, volume and separation with just two coats. It does not flake but it does smudge after about 8 hours of wear (thus the waterproof wish). The pigmentation is great, though. It's a nice rich, deep black.

About reviewer (299 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

a year ago

I received a sample in my Nordstrom order and it gets a big NO from me. It flakes all over my undereyes after only a few hours of wear. Try as I might I can't get any noticeable volume or length out of it. It's a pointless mascara. Maybe the full size is better? Idk but I'm not taking the chance. I'll stick with Essence and Maybelline mascaras.

About reviewer (307 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

I really shouldn't review mascaras at all, because middle age has wreaked havoc on my already sparse, short, thin, dark blonde lashes. Thick or long barrels make a message of my eyelids, with more product on skin than hair. I usually forego mascara completely and just use a chocolate brown eye pencil slightly smudged. So I got a sample of this one in a recent Birchbox and I'm sorry to say, no miracles happened here. The brush is long and round enough to be useless on my cobwebby bottom lashes. The formula is a bit on the dry side, so I didn't get many uses out of this sample size. I was not impressed by the product. Even if the brush had been short and thin (like the Clinique mascara for bottom lashes, or the IT Cosmetics variety) I don't think the formula was that great.

About reviewer (440 reviews)

Age56 & Over